Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MagnusAnder View Post
    Hi. thanks for the plugin.
    I had the voice working in my project in 4.15 but I can't get it to work in 4.16.3
    Any idea what the issue might be? any changes or things i need to do?
    I got it working again. I was playing around with the new audio stuff some time ago and I guess that was what broke it.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

What subsystem are you using? Also are you actually hosting a session first? Its working fine for me.
      Subsystem would be Steam?

I am inside a Session with 'LobbyGameMode', than I try to send a change of the 'Extra Settings' at the the same Game Mode with Get Session Settings, but it always go to 'On Failure'.
      =============

Ok, while writing this I found out that in Standalone with Steam open it works, everything is ok everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliaXDemoN View Post

Subsystem would be Steam?

I am inside a Session with 'LobbyGameMode', than I try to send a change of the 'Extra Settings' at the the same Game Mode with Get Session Settings, but it always go to 'On Failure'.
        =============

Ok, while writing this I found out that in Standalone with Steam open it works, everything is ok everyone.
        Steam doesn't actually host a session unless you are in packaged or standalone, this is because in PIE and PIE in seperate window the EDITOR itself hosts a session outside of the session system for simulating network play.

Generally you want to run in standalone to test for steam stuff.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by eXi View Post
          Nice! Though i won't use this. Still waiting for Epic to release this for BPs themself. Can't put a project on the Market with a Plugin in it. :/
          is this still correct cant put a project on the market with plugins, if so why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by crazykiwiman View Post

is this still correct cant put a project on the market with plugins, if so why is that?
            He had a "Marketplace" project for he wanted to sell, requiring it to support a third party plugin let alone back before plugins could even be in the marketplace wasn't going to happen.

He wasn't talking about a game or program.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I've been having a problem with the Create Session Node on this. Basically, it outputs an error in the log "Steam: Cannot Create Session Game, Session Already Exists." Anyone else having these problems? Using the normal Create Session works, and so does all the other Advanced nodes, such as Find Session.

Comment

Originally posted by Discodude16 View Post
                I've been having a problem with the Create Session Node on this. Basically, it outputs an error in the log "Steam: Cannot Create Session Game, Session Already Exists." Anyone else having these problems? Using the normal Create Session works, and so does all the other Advanced nodes, such as Find Session.
                Where are you calling it / has it already been called once?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm using AdvancedSessions with Steam on Windows and am able to Create and Join a session successfully, however the session state on the client always returns "Pending" when calling GetSessionState. The host returns "In Progress" as the session state. I can see the other player and replication is working fine. I'm wondering why the call to GetSessionState always returns pending on the client. Is that normal? If not, then what might I be doing wrong.

Comment

Where are you calling it / has it already been called once?
                    Ive been calling it in a non-replicated function in the game instance, and this is only being called once. It does work if I replace it with the normal Create session node if that helps.

thanks for the reply!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfornoOne View Post
                      I'm using AdvancedSessions with Steam on Windows and am able to Create and Join a session successfully, however the session state on the client always returns "Pending" when calling GetSessionState. The host returns "In Progress" as the session state. I can see the other player and replication is working fine. I'm wondering why the call to GetSessionState always returns pending on the client. Is that normal? If not, then what might I be doing wrong.
                      Yea...clients only ever set it to pending in the subsytem code from a brief glance.

Its primarily used on the server side to know when to end a server.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Discodude16 View Post

Ive been calling it in a non-replicated function in the game instance, and this is only being called once. It does work if I replace it with the normal Create session node if that helps.

thanks for the reply!

You have to be calling it twice somehow, that warning is specifically when there is already a created session and the actual create session code is the exact same between my nodes and the standard ones.

Did you check to see if there is a working session up?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Huh, after tinkering a bit and trying to find a second Create Session node...it started working.

Anyways thanks for the assistence mordentral

Comment

Hey,

I seem to have a problem that occured out of nowhere. We've been playtesting via steam appid 480 no problem in June, but now if I try the same build it doesn't work. Is the sdk version change responsible for it? We've still got 132 there but 141 is out now and I'm wondering if it's the problem.

In case it's not, there's only one warning regarding steam in the logfiles:

AdvancedSteamFriendsLog:Warning: STEAM Couldn't be verified as initialized

This means the SteamAPI_Init() failed but gives no additional errors.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragir View Post
                              Hey,

I seem to have a problem that occured out of nowhere. We've been playtesting via steam appid 480 no problem in June, but now if I try the same build it doesn't work. Is the sdk version change responsible for it? We've still got 132 there but 141 is out now and I'm wondering if it's the problem.

In case it's not, there's only one warning regarding steam in the logfiles:

AdvancedSteamFriendsLog:Warning: STEAM Couldn't be verified as initialized

This means the SteamAPI_Init() failed but gives no additional errors.

Thanks!
                              Do you have SteamVR installed and if so is SteamVR Home Beta enabled?

Because it breaks the steam subsystem in builds that aren't downloaded from steam itself currently.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Do you have SteamVR installed and if so is SteamVR Home Beta enabled?

Because it breaks the steam subsystem in builds that aren't downloaded from steam itself currently.
                                No, I don't think so, nothing major changed on my system since June,but I will try to check on another computer tomorrow and report back, thanks for the answer

Comment

Working...
                                X