X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wanted to say thanks

Comment

Hey @mordental
      As we can't seem to find documentation(or Epic's wording on this), but do you think in the future you're going to implement a way to do Host Migration?
      Thanks, Austin
      "Let's see if your bite is as big as your bark" -Mark Welch, Lurking in the Shadows.

Comment

Hey, i get this one :
        LINK : fatal error LNK1181: Cant open inputdata "ws2_32.lib"
        And after try to rebuild in VS now my UE4Editor(Projectname).dll is incompatible or missing.
        it was with a fresh Project and only the Advanced Sess plugin and the Defaultengine.ini config for steam.
        Cant open the Project anymore. iam using 4.16.2 and VS 2017. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by JJGG117
          So how do I ping a listen server and have it show up with a correct ping instead of 9999?
          Manually in c++ for steam by sending ping packets and measuring return time, lobby servers do not ping back on steam, only dedicated servers do.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Have someone managed to make Steam work with eXi's marketplace lobby system?

Comment

Hi, after searching this forum for a while I couldn't find an answer.

What's the proper way to get the Session Invite Event working?
              I've tried sending invites through the steam overlay and your send invite node. Nothing gets the event to call.
              My GameInstance has your GameInstance as parent, and Invite Accepted works just fine.

I can't figure out why Invite Received won't call.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rojo8399 View Post
                Hi, after searching this forum for a while I couldn't find an answer.

What's the proper way to get the Session Invite Event working?
                I've tried sending invites through the steam overlay and your send invite node. Nothing gets the event to call.
                My GameInstance has your GameInstance as parent, and Invite Accepted works just fine.

I can't figure out why Invite Received won't call.

Invited received isn't hooked up anywhere in the base engine, they added the event in code, but never used it. I implemented it for when it is in use but no luck so far.

I think I had that noted on the node text and example didn't I?

Maybe I should mark it as deprecated until functional.

Also session accepted I recently renamed the ID to PersonInvited not PersonInviting, as they are passing in the Invitee not the Inviter.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Anyone tested Leaderboard writing?

I'm trying to write in Steam Leaderboards but i can't. I created the variable in Steam Panel and call it with the Plugin method but nothing happens
                  Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
                  I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] ! Firstly thank you so much for this life saver plugin. I have been using it for 2 weeks with steam subsystem and I have two quick question:
                    1- I want players to invite and join sessions for Co-Op mode and creating squad (for join to dedicated server together). As I know there is a Game instance for handle it. But I'm using Generic Shooter's Game Instance now. How Can I handle invite/join without your game instance?
                    2- I want to use dedicated servers. There is a boolen option for it at input of create advanced session node. But how can I use it to create dedicated server session under steam subsystem? Can anyone help me about this topic?
                    Last edited by MASSIVE Can; 08-06-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post
                      Anyone tested Leaderboard writing?

I'm trying to write in Steam Leaderboards but i can't. I created the variable in Steam Panel and call it with the Plugin method but nothing happens
                      Think you are thinking of the other plugin, i don't do anything for leaderboards currently.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by MASSIVE Can View Post
                        Hey [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] ! Firstly thank you so much for this life saver plugin. I have been using it for 2 weeks with steam subsystem and I have two quick question:
                        1- I want players to invite and join sessions for Co-Op mode and creating squad (for join to dedicated server together). As I know there is a Game instance for handle it. But I'm using Generic Shooter's Game Instance now. How Can I handle invite/join without your game instance?
                        2- I want to use dedicated servers. There is a boolen option for it at input of create advanced session node. But how can I use it to create dedicated server session under steam subsystem? Can anyone help me about this topic?
                        No you have to use my game instance if you want to receive "OnInviteAccepted", but if you set the parent of the Generic Shooters Game Instance to the AdvancedFreindsGameInstance it will work.

True dedicated servers require a hand built version of the engine, the bool is there so that people doing that can keep the same node structure, you can't use the dedicated bool without building the engine manually.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Merged the 4.17 beta branch into master for the repository and updated the 4.17 binary package to 4.17 release.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

[MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] thank you I got it

Comment

Originally posted by JJGG117
                              So can you point me in the direction of something I can follow to allow my players create a Dedicated Server and then join using AdvancedSessions?
                              https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Dedica...ows_%26_Linux)

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to use the "get steam friend avatar" to show the avatar of each person on a widget, the issue is that while I can see it, the clients does not.
                                When the player joins I get the "UniqueNetID" and I set that in a replicated variable, then the clients try to run the "get steam friend avatar" but only I can see the icons

Which is the right workflow to show each person avatar?

Comment

Working...
                                X