Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    technically yes, but I haven't tested that setting.

    Passwords would have to manually be managed by you
    Thanks for the quick response, Could you please elaborate more about password ? do you mean its possible via BP only ? if so then can you give me a clue on how ?

    Thanks a lot btw for all the free stuff you shared with the community really appreciated .

    Comment


      Hello, need some help here..
      I can't build project with advanced session plagin on ue4.10 (from launcher). Before that i compiled other project with this beautiful plugin without any problems. In this project i followed long youtube guide, it works fine in the editor but i can't build it, which is very sad. So i hope there is some solution.

      build log:
       
      Spoiler

      Comment


        Originally posted by mhnoni View Post
        Thanks for the quick response, Could you please elaborate more about password ? do you mean its possible via BP only ? if so then can you give me a clue on how ?

        Thanks a lot btw for all the free stuff you shared with the community really appreciated .
        You would have to have the password in the additional settings, there are better ways of handling it but none of them are exposed in engine.

        This is of course open to exploits, but you would have to handle back and forth communication otherwise.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Hi mordentral. Can I get ur email? I am not able to attach pics to the forum PM. Also, do the keys for steam have to be in Capital Letters.

          Comment


            Hi,

            So I just got friend invites working and am confused about one thing:

            On this node:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	NetId.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1131349

            "Person Inviting" Sounds like it would pass the NetID of the person who Invited you to join, however, it currently just returns your own NetID - Is this correct? If so it seems kind of redundant.

            I would really like to grab the invitee NetID from here so I can inform the player of who they are joining before they join them, if that makes sense.

            Thanks.

            Comment


              Originally posted by mordentral View Post
              You would have to have the password in the additional settings, there are better ways of handling it but none of them are exposed in engine.

              This is of course open to exploits, but you would have to handle back and forth communication otherwise.
              Ok thanks again, hope you can add it in your road-map in case its possible .

              Comment


                Originally posted by brisck1 View Post
                Hi,

                So I just got friend invites working and am confused about one thing:

                On this node:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]149154[/ATTACH]

                "Person Inviting" Sounds like it would pass the NetID of the person who Invited you to join, however, it currently just returns your own NetID - Is this correct? If so it seems kind of redundant.

                I would really like to grab the invitee NetID from here so I can inform the player of who they are joining before they join them, if that makes sense.

                Thanks.
                Yeah I recently re-named that field in that node because it was incorrect (what you see is the incorrect version).

                And I don't have access to anything else other than the self ID. There is supposed to be a "received invite" event but it isn't actually hooked up anywhere in the back end of any subsystem currently.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                  Yeah I recently re-named that field in that node because it was incorrect (what you see is the incorrect version).

                  And I don't have access to anything else other than the self ID. There is supposed to be a "received invite" event but it isn't actually hooked up anywhere in the back end of any subsystem currently.
                  ah ok, that sucks, I'll just have to simplify things for now then.

                  Am I on an older version of the plugin then?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by brisck1 View Post
                    ah ok, that sucks, I'll just have to simplify things for now then.

                    Am I on an older version of the plugin then?
                    Yes you must be


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      any chance to have 4.17 branch soon?
                      thanks!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Curs0 View Post
                        any chance to have 4.17 branch soon?
                        thanks!
                        Yeah i'll push it live, I already had one but 4.17 was pretty unstable in preview1

                        *Edit* 4.17 preview 2 prepackaged are uploaded and the repository has its 4.17 beta branch
                        Last edited by mordentral; 07-24-2017, 10:23 AM.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Hmm if adding the plugin to a new project in 4.17 preview 2, i get this message:

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	missingplugin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1131501

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	failed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1131502
                          ______________________________________________
                          https://www.facebook.com/madhousesoftware
                          Where sanity is a virtue

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by JJGG117
                            I already have a gamemode that isn't AdvancedFriends. Is there a way I can combine my gamemode with AdvancedFriends without reparenting? Can I just add the AdvancedFriends interface to my gamemode?

                            Also, can I get Steam Overlay Invite/Join Friends to work? Or MUST I create a friends list in game?
                            I'm assuming you meant Game Instance.......

                            But

                            No because the GameInstance specifically binds to some subsystem delegates, but you can run a parent child architecture as deep as you want so unless the other GameInstance is also c++ it shouldn't be an issue as you can re-parent it as well.
                            The interface is for the player controller to receive updates relevant to it instead of handling everything in the game instance, its not required.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by MADHOUSE View Post
                              Hmm if adding the plugin to a new project in 4.17 preview 2, i get this message:

                              I'll re-compile it again, sometimes when switching versions if I don't fully clean out intermediate files it has issues.


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                                I'll re-compile it again, sometimes when switching versions if I don't fully clean out intermediate files it has issues.
                                I could compile it when adding it to a c++ only project, after which it could be used with a BP only project, and seems to work as expected.
                                Not sure if that is by design or just an anomaly. Im pretty sure plugins used to compile when starting projects even if they are BP based.

                                Perhaps im just wrong and im remembering incorrectly, if so I apologize!
                                ______________________________________________
                                https://www.facebook.com/madhousesoftware
                                Where sanity is a virtue

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X