No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using UE4.15. I have my own appid. I am using the advanced sessions plug in. The find advanced sessions node with filters and a very large value returns 0 as found sessions. Can anybody please help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sudeep Singh View Post
      I am using UE4.15. I have my own appid. I am using the advanced sessions plug in. The find advanced sessions node with filters and a very large value returns 0 as found sessions. Can anybody please help me.
      Post your log in code brackets, any issues will show up in that.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mohammedqasrawi View Post
        hi mordentral plz can you tell me if i can make a reliable final game using this plugin ?
        No more / less than the built in nodes for it.

There have been multiple released games using it already if that is your question, there isn't anything to be "reliable" with it, its for the most part just exposing engine functions to blueprint with some minor exceptions (steam nodes).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I checked the output logs. So the server is being found on steam with ping 99999 and when I get sessions proeprties I set up as extra settings, it goes to not found. This issue only exists when using steam subsystem. Can u suggest a solution to this?

Comment

I checked the output logs. So the server is being found on steam with ping 99999 and when I get sessions proeprties I set up as extra settings, it goes to not found. This issue only exists when using steam subsystem. Can u suggest a solution to this?
            Are you searching for sessions with the same keys as you are hosting with?

Also steam has a max length to the custom fields, shorten the key names and try to shorten the data as much as possible.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I have reduced the key names to three letters. I still get not found. The ping is still 9999. I am searching for sessions with same keys as created.

Comment

I have reduced the key names to three letters. I still get not found. The ping is still 9999. I am searching for sessions with same keys as created.
                PM me your log if you can, there has to be another error, Steam is functional as I test with it for my VR stuff daily.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi
                  Is there are a way to make a session with password ?

Comment

I think I am not able to retrieve extra settings from session in steam. Have you encountered this issue?

Comment

I think I am not able to retrieve extra settings from session in steam. Have you encountered this issue?
                      No I haven't, I filter all of my sessions with extra settings to prevent the log spam.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Should I PM you screenshots of blueprints?

Comment

Also why is the ping 9999 on steam.

Comment

Also why is the ping 9999 on steam.
                            Because normal steam lobbies don't support pinging, you have to manually ping them. Dedicated servers on the other hand DO return the ping in steam.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION]

i asked this question before "Is there are a way to make a session with password ?" but after i installed the plugin i found out this in create session "allow join via presence friend only" does that mean if i tick this the only people who can see and join my game will be steam friends if i built it for steam online ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mhnoni View Post
                                Hi [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION]

i asked this question before "Is there are a way to make a session with password ?" but after i installed the plugin i found out this in create session "allow join via presence friend only" does that mean if i tick this the only people who can see and join my game will be steam friends if i built it for steam online ?

Thanks
                                technically yes, but I haven't tested that setting.

Passwords would have to manually be managed by you

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X