Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gustavorios2 View Post
    any way to kick a specific player with blueprints?
    In their blueprint tutorial series Epic sends an RPC telling the other player they are kicked where they load MainMenu and Destroy Session out of the server.
    However for a forcible disconnect in GameSession they have a code function titled "KickPlayer" that destroys their pawn and player controller out from under them.

Code:
    		if (KickedPlayer->GetPawn() != NULL)
    		{
    			KickedPlayer->GetPawn()->Destroy();
    		}

KickedPlayer->ClientWasKicked(KickReason);

if (KickedPlayer != NULL)
    		{
    			KickedPlayer->Destroy();
    		}
    First it removes their pawn, then it sends a kick message to the player, then it destroys their PlayerController which forcibly disconnects them from the server.

I'll look into exposing some of the game session code to blueprints, none of these functions are directly exposed and the blueprint method that they give is subject to abuse if they set their client to ignore that RPC (though a program). I remember an old game I used to play that kicked with a method like that and I set up a packet filter to become unkickable.....
    Last edited by mordentral; 06-12-2017, 08:43 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Fixed it up. Something silly was going on somewhere. I had been using the plugin in the project location and it didn't like that very much when changing engine versions and the upgrade workflow was messy.
      Moved the plugins into the engine side and recompiled and cleaned up the 4.15 version. Installed the 4.16.1 version to engine and then re-ran an upgrade and after a rebuild it works fine!

Cheers for the response and the plugin!

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
      Its already on 4.16.1 on the OP download.

The engine version parse warning isn't a big deal, i'll get around to removing that from the uplugin at some point, the failed to get interfaces is a bigger deal and you have something set up wrong.
      Last edited by TechnicallyLew; 06-12-2017, 01:39 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

hey is it possible to force it to show full servers?
        Follow my company Fat Bomb Studios on II Twitter Facebook Twitch II

Comment

Originally posted by DwunkyPengy View Post
          hey is it possible to force it to show full servers?
          *Edit* NVM....it appears that no current subsystems actually implement SEARCH_MINSLOTSAVAILABLE.........

Steam GameServers implementation (not lobby) specifically early's out in Epics code with

Code:
          	// TEMP!!!!
          	return;

/**
          	 * "full"		- not full
          	 * "empty"		- not empty
          	 * "proxy"		- a relay server
          	 */
          Appears to have been planned...and then forgotten about?
          Last edited by mordentral; 06-20-2017, 08:22 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

oh cool, thanks for replying!
            Follow my company Fat Bomb Studios on II Twitter Facebook Twitch II

Comment

Hi there..

I can´t get the Plugin to run.
              I tried to implement it by Project and by Engine. Using 4.16.1, i alsways get "missing module in Advanced Session" with follwing List:
              UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.dll
              UE4Editor-AdvancedSteamSessions.dll

Comment

Hi,
                How can I create loading maps widget with upload percentage ?? I want the player to view the map only when everything...

Comment

Originally posted by visualnotte View Post
                  Hi,
                  How can I create loading maps widget with upload percentage ?? I want the player to view the map only when everything...
                  That is not an easy task currently, there are several loading screen tutorials on the wiki that you can follow but most of the good ones require some coding.

Also a loading percentage bar would require you to tie into some systems yourself to manage.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That is not an easy task currently, there are several loading screen tutorials on the wiki that you can follow but most of the good ones require some coding.

Also a loading percentage bar would require you to tie into some systems yourself to manage.

Can help me?

Comment

Can help me?

Comment

URGENT PLEASE...
                        I put my character in place of the "ThirdPersonCharacter" blueprint but when I connect to the server my movements do not work well in multiplayer, I understand the problem is in creating and linking to the server in multiplayer but I did not understand where.....

Comment

Originally posted by visualnotte View Post
                          URGENT PLEASE...
                          I put my character in place of the "ThirdPersonCharacter" blueprint but when I connect to the server my movements do not work well in multiplayer, I understand the problem is in creating and linking to the server in multiplayer but I did not understand where.....
                          If you manually move your character (IE: Set position) it won't work very well in multiplayer. You need to either set up replication for the movements or use the built in character movement replication with AddInput calls.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

hi,

i can get my friends steam avatar but how to get my own steam avatar with blueprints?

thanks in advance,

Comment

If you manually move your character (IE: Set position) it won't work very well in multiplayer. You need to either set up replication for the movements or use the built in character movement replication with AddInput calls.
                              not is the problem! all me project work well with multiplayer, If I run without AdvancedSession the project work, but when I CreateSession and JoinSession not work the movement, the player SERVER not see the movement, but the client see the all movement and see also movement from SERVER....Only player SERVER not see the movement from other client player

Comment

Originally posted by quintendc View Post
                                hi,

i can get my friends steam avatar but how to get my own steam avatar with blueprints?

thanks in advance,
                                You can get your UniqueNetID from your player controller/player state and pass that in.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X