Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have the 4.15 version of plugin and it compiles normally and I can use it in editor... however when I try to package the game this appears.



    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error (active) pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed BoD_Fix d:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2660 'UGameplayStatics::GetPlayerController': function does not take 1 arguments BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error Failed to produce item: D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win64\BoD_Fix-AdvancedSessions.lib BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
    Error MSB3075 The command "D:\UnrealEngine-4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat BoD_Fix Win64 Development "D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\BoD_Fix.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BoD_Fix C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

    Comment


      Originally posted by Control View Post
      I have the 4.15 version of plugin and it compiles normally and I can use it in editor... however when I try to package the game this appears.



      Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
      Error (active) pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed BoD_Fix d:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
      Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
      Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
      Error C2660 'UGameplayStatics::GetPlayerController': function does not take 1 arguments BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
      Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
      Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
      Error Failed to produce item: D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win64\BoD_Fix-AdvancedSessions.lib BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
      Error MSB3075 The command "D:\UnrealEngine-4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat BoD_Fix Win64 Development "D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\BoD_Fix.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BoD_Fix C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41
      Download the latest version, I added some LocalPlayer includes in those files.

      Don't know why UBT passes on things like this for most, it should always be thrown as an error, not just sometimes for some people.


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        How/Where do I update the session?

        I was trying to use "Update Session" at game instance but it fails (NO REGISTERED SESSION!) and I tried to check if the player is in a session with "Is Player in Session" but it fails. The same go to "Get Session Settings".

        Comment


          after creating a session, how do I get the "Blueprint session result structure" so I can get/set the current session 'extra settings'?
          I've been trying a lot to find this but I had no success =(
          Enigma Prison - Facebook - Twitter - IndieDB

          Comment


            Originally posted by gustavorios2 View Post
            after creating a session, how do I get the "Blueprint session result structure" so I can get/set the current session 'extra settings'?
            I've been trying a lot to find this but I had no success =(
            Maybe this is what you are wondering and will help?

            It works in CardinalMenu. Setting ExtraSettings when first hosting can be found in WidgetBlueprint'/Game/Cardinal/MainMenu/Blueprints/UI/PlayGamePanels/HostGame.HostGame' under the function HostGame which is then passed to BP_GameInstance where the Create Advanced Session node is called.

            The Session Extra Settings are then modified in Blueprint'/Game/ThirdPersonExample/Blueprints/ThirdPersonGameMode.ThirdPersonGameMode' Event Graph using an Update Session node.

            It took me a lot of hours to figure it out. It may or may not be the best method, but it works. (Btw, your game looks really cool)

            Edit, btw I just realized CardinalMenu's session update won't be called again if it fails. The new release will fix that if you happened to notice it.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	UpdateSession.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1129234
            Last edited by Parvan; 06-08-2017, 12:42 AM.

            Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
            Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

            Comment


              Urgent help needed here...

              We have an issue with the player counter and it's preventing us from patching our game.

              Found steam sessions can not return player count or ping if not using the default online subsystem. A game using the steam online subssytem will be unable to display the player count in the server browser.

              After advanced session is created, it cannot be updated or even accessed. While players can join, on the host, "Get session state" returns 0, "get session settings" fails, and "update session settings" fails as well. Session is created properly and clients can join. Extra settings set during creation are also accessible to clients.

              Comment


                Originally posted by sarfios View Post
                Urgent help needed here...

                We have an issue with the player counter and it's preventing us from patching our game.

                Found steam sessions can not return player count or ping if not using the default online subsystem. A game using the steam online subssytem will be unable to display the player count in the server browser.

                After advanced session is created, it cannot be updated or even accessed. While players can join, on the host, "Get session state" returns 0, "get session settings" fails, and "update session settings" fails as well. Session is created properly and clients can join. Extra settings set during creation are also accessible to clients.
                Player counts work in CardinalMenu v170606_416 (The current version for 4.16) in both the default online subsystem and Steam Sessions. I just checked again to make sure. If you see it not working, let me know.

                Ping is still broken for steam. I got around this by using the Ping Plugin by DescendentStudios https://github.com/DescendentStudios/PingPlugin and then setting the listen server's IP in Extra Settings as a temporary fix. Mordentral pointed out that it might be a DDOS risk if the game is popular. This method is not in CardinalMenu. You could also program it of course, which would be a better method.

                To get around the dedicated server problems, I use VaRest to update an official server list outside of steam in a CouchDB database. This method is not in CardinalMenu either. Just posting about it to give ideas.
                Last edited by Parvan; 06-08-2017, 12:09 PM.

                Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                Comment


                  Thanks for the response! Does it work for 4.15 as well? Or I have to upgrade the project to 4.16?

                  Edit: Ping is not important in my case, just player counter.
                  Last edited by sarfios; 06-09-2017, 03:11 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by sarfios View Post
                    Thanks for the response! Does it work for 4.15 as well? Or I have to upgrade the project to 4.16?

                    Edit: Ping is not important in my case, just player counter.
                    The 4.15 version doesn't have player count but all you would need to do is copy a few blueprints. Off the top of my head I think WidgetBlueprint'/Game/Cardinal/MainMenu/Blueprints/UI/PlayGamePanels/ServerList.ServerList' and Blueprint'/Game/ThirdPersonExample/Blueprints/ThirdPersonGameMode.ThirdPersonGameMode' would be all.

                    I'm not sure if copying the BP backwards in versions would work. You might have to manually find the changes and add the nodes. The GameMode is really simple to find where the Update Session is found. The ServerList widget has functions called "BuildInternetListenSearchResults" and "BuildLANSearchResults" that might be slightly different.
                    Last edited by Parvan; 06-09-2017, 12:10 PM.

                    Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                    Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                    Comment


                      Hey, I have recently migrated project into 4.16.1 from 4.15.3. Using the 4.16.1 download of plugin and recompiled.

                      When the project compiles I get:
                      Code:
                      /Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions.uplugin could not be parsed ("1579795.0")
                      /Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions.uplugin could not be parsed ("1579795.0")
                      When launching packaged project I get the above in addition to:

                      Code:
                      [2017.06.10-13.22.08:647][  0]AdvancedFriendsInterfaceLog:Warning: UAdvancedFriendsInstance Failed to get session interface!
                      [2017.06.10-13.22.08:647][  0]AdvancedFriendsInterfaceLog:Warning: UAdvancedFriendsInstance Failed to get voice interface!
                      [2017.06.10-13.22.08:647][  0]AdvancedFriendsInterfaceLog:Warning: UAdvancedFriendsInstance Failed to get identity interface!
                      Project launches with no steam capability
                      Any imminent expectation of an 4.16.1 release?

                      Much appreciated!
                      Last edited by TechnicallyLew; 06-10-2017, 09:38 AM. Reason: Idiocracy

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by NukePie View Post
                        Hey, I have recently migrated project into 4.16.1 from 4.15.3. Using the 4.16.1 download of plugin and recompiled.

                        When the project compiles I get:
                        Code:
                        /Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions.uplugin could not be parsed ("1579795.0")
                        /Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions.uplugin could not be parsed ("1579795.0")
                        When launching packaged project I get the above in addition to:

                        Code:
                        [2017.06.10-13.22.08:647][  0]AdvancedFriendsInterfaceLog:Warning: UAdvancedFriendsInstance Failed to get session interface!
                        [2017.06.10-13.22.08:647][  0]AdvancedFriendsInterfaceLog:Warning: UAdvancedFriendsInstance Failed to get voice interface!
                        [2017.06.10-13.22.08:647][  0]AdvancedFriendsInterfaceLog:Warning: UAdvancedFriendsInstance Failed to get identity interface!
                        Project launches with no steam capability
                        Any imminent expectation of an 4.16.1 release?

                        Much appreciated!
                        Its already on 4.16.1 on the OP download.

                        The engine version parse warning isn't a big deal, i'll get around to removing that from the uplugin at some point, the failed to get interfaces is a bigger deal and you have something set up wrong.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          After upgrading to 4.16.1 and downloading the zip from BitBucket I'm getting an error across all the .cpp files "Error Expected AdvancedSteamWorkshopLibrary.h to be first header included." even though they are in fact the first header to be included. Windows 10 using VS2015. Any ideas? Same thing happens with the Google Drive zip.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by foszor View Post
                            After upgrading to 4.16.1 and downloading the zip from BitBucket I'm getting an error across all the .cpp files "Error Expected AdvancedSteamWorkshopLibrary.h to be first header included." even though they are in fact the first header to be included. Windows 10 using VS2015. Any ideas? Same thing happens with the Google Drive zip.
                            You likely have old intermediate files left over from 4.14 before the include what you use switch. Try deleting your intermediate folder in the plugin folder and regenerating the project files. This happens fairly often when switching engine versions so I tend to remove the intermediate folders prior to every upgrade.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                              You likely have old intermediate files left over from 4.14 before the include what you use switch. Try deleting your intermediate folder in the plugin folder and regenerating the project files. This happens fairly often when switching engine versions so I tend to remove the intermediate folders prior to every upgrade.
                              This worked but I also had to delete the Intermediate folder in the project, thank you.

                              Comment


                                any way to kick a specific player with blueprints?
                                Enigma Prison - Facebook - Twitter - IndieDB

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X