Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
    Could someone provide an example of how to use the voice system?

    This is what I have on my player controller (PushToTalk is a input binding to the "B" key):
    http://i.imgur.com/m9U2Tvj.png <= This is in my player controller


    This is in my DefaultEngine.ini
    Code:
    [Voice] 
    bEnabled=true
    
    [/Script/Engine.GameSession]
    bRequiresPushToTalk=true
    
    [OnlineSubsystem]
    PollingIntervalInMs=20
    ; Uncomment the following line to use the Null Subsystem
    ;DefaultPlatformService=Null
    ; Uncomment the following lines to use the Steam Subsystem
    DefaultPlatformService=Steam
    bHasVoiceEnabled=true
    VoiceNotificationDelta=0.2 
    
    [OnlineSubsystemSteam]
    bEnabled=true
    SteamDevAppId=480
    SteamAppId=480
    GameServerQueryPort=27015
    bRelaunchInSteam=false
    GameVersion=1.0.0.0
    bVACEnabled=1
    bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
    P2PConnectionTimeout=90
    ; This is to prevent subsystem from reading other achievements that may be defined in parent .ini
    Achievement_0_Id=""
    Voice should "just work"

    Things i have noticed to cause issues;
    "Prject Settings" -> "Audio" -> "Voip sound class"
    First make sure it is valid, and is part of your "master" mix, and has a sane volume...
    Also make sure that "always play" is checked in your voice class. as this will cause headaches if others are marked as always play, and this is not....

    Your config looks good to go.
    Outer Planet Studios
    http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

    Comment


      Originally posted by gozu View Post
      Voice should "just work"

      Things i have noticed to cause issues;
      "Prject Settings" -> "Audio" -> "Voip sound class"
      First make sure it is valid, and is part of your "master" mix, and has a sane volume...
      Also make sure that "always play" is checked in your voice class. as this will cause headaches if others are marked as always play, and this is not....

      Your config looks good to go.
      Is "Register All Local Talkers" even needed? I just added it because it seemed like I may need it. Also, what about register remote talker? What do you mean by part of your "master" mix? I don't currently have any sounds in my game as of yet LOL Haven't even messed with the audio system in UE4, looks pretty robust though, has built in modulation and reverb..etc

      This is literally all I have:
      http://i.imgur.com/5EsMv42.png
      http://i.imgur.com/DAJlFR2.png
      Last edited by poke1103; 04-17-2017, 10:26 AM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
        Is "Register All Local Talkers" even needed? I just added it because it seemed like I may need it. Also, what about register remote talker? What do you mean by part of your "master" mix? I don't currently have any sounds in my game as of yet LOL Haven't even messed with the audio system in UE4, looks pretty robust though, has built in modulation and reverb..etc

        This is literally all I have:
        http://i.imgur.com/5EsMv42.png
        http://i.imgur.com/DAJlFR2.png
        Don't register anything, that is all done by default. Those nodes are only there for if you ever "Unregister" a player so you can get them back. Muting is generally a better option.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Originally posted by Brylos View Post
          Hi there I just discovered and downloaded this plugin and was very excited to use it but every time I try to create or find advanced sessions it fails. I followed a tutorial on youtube and also tried messing around with it myself but every single time it fails. I'm on windows 10 64 bit and I tried it both on UE 4.14 and 4.15. Any idea what's going wrong?
          You are trying to create a dedicated server session, you need to actually package out a dedicated server for that to work which requires a source build so you can change build targets.


          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            Originally posted by mordentral View Post
            Don't register anything, that is all done by default. Those nodes are only there for if you ever "Unregister" a player so you can get them back. Muting is generally a better option.
            The part with it saying "LocalPlayerNum" on the StartNetworkedVoice node. Can this be left as 0?

            Comment


              Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
              The part with it saying "LocalPlayerNum" on the StartNetworkedVoice node. Can this be left as 0?
              Yeah, local player num 0 would be the first player.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                Okay so I fixed that issue but now my game will not package. I keep getting package failed. I looked through this thread and I saw the solution to add the plugins to the engine folder plugins not just the project plugins and I'm still getting package failed. Any idea how I can fix this?

                Here are the last few lines of the output log. Don't know if they'll help but maybe they will:

                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL, ProjectBuildTargets TargetMask)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild()
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] Arguments)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED

                Comment


                  Hi, I get this error when building :/ Any ideas how I could fix this ? UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: D:/ThirdpersonGame/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4/Development/AdvancedSessions/PCH.AdvancedSessions.h(32): error C2001: newline in constan

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Brylos View Post
                    Okay so I fixed that issue but now my game will not package. I keep getting package failed. I looked through this thread and I saw the solution to add the plugins to the engine folder plugins not just the project plugins and I'm still getting package failed. Any idea how I can fix this?

                    Here are the last few lines of the output log. Don't know if they'll help but maybe they will:

                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL, ProjectBuildTargets TargetMask)
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild()
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] Arguments)
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param)
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                    The last few lines don't help, you need to show me above that where the actual error is.

                    Originally posted by NijoMeister View Post
                    Hi, I get this error when building :/ Any ideas how I could fix this ? UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: D:/ThirdpersonGame/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4/Development/AdvancedSessions/PCH.AdvancedSessions.h(32): error C2001: newline in constan
                    Did you just update and are manually building it? You'll need to delete the intermediate folder. I removed the PCH file and went with the engines new IWYU header style, that is showing an old setup that doesn't exist in the plugin anymore epics generated file is outdated.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Failed to produce item UE4-AdvancedSessions.lib packaging for Win32.

                      Hi there [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION]

                      As always, your development work on this plugin continues to be awesome.
                      I've recently upgraded my project and advanced sessions plugin to UE 4.15.1. Everything works fine in the editor but I've come across an issue when packaging(specifically when building).
                      Packaging and building for Win32 fails, producing the log below.

                      [Output Log]
                      https://pastebin.com/ayvqNUgE

                      I ran a Win64 build and package for the project and it succeeded with no issues. Do you have any advice that would help me out ?

                      Kind Regards,
                      MrNexy

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by MrNexy View Post
                        Hi there [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION]

                        As always, your development work on this plugin continues to be awesome.
                        I've recently upgraded my project and advanced sessions plugin to UE 4.15.1. Everything works fine in the editor but I've come across an issue when packaging(specifically when building).
                        Packaging and building for Win32 fails, producing the log below.

                        [Output Log]
                        https://pastebin.com/ayvqNUgE

                        I ran a Win64 build and package for the project and it succeeded with no issues. Do you have any advice that would help me out ?

                        Kind Regards,
                        MrNexy

                        Code:
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: c1xx: error C3859: virtual memory range for PCH exceeded; please recompile with a command line option of '-Zm552' or greater
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: c1xx: fatal error C1076: compiler limit: internal heap limit reached; use /Zm to specify a higher limit
                        That is the problem, here is an answerhub post regarding it: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-exceeded.html

                        Likely a result of upgrading without deleting intermediate files / cache. As I noted above I switched over to the new header style in engine as of 4.15, any left over intermediate files will likely cause problems.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 04-18-2017, 09:13 AM.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                          Code:
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: c1xx: error C3859: virtual memory range for PCH exceeded; please recompile with a command line option of '-Zm552' or greater
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: c1xx: fatal error C1076: compiler limit: internal heap limit reached; use /Zm to specify a higher limit
                          That is the problem, here is an answerhub post regarding it: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-exceeded.html

                          Likely a result of upgrading without deleting intermediate files / cache. As I noted above I switched over to the new header style in engine as of 4.15, any left over intermediate files will likely cause problems.
                          Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I noticed that answerhub post in my earlier searches. I have followed the instruction there and have had no luck thus far.
                          I have also completely re-built the project and re-imported my content and config files to no avail. I still get the same message.

                          Comment


                            [2017.04.18-13.33.13:399][707]LogNet:Warning: Dropped 1 packets due to congestion in the voicechannel

                            ??

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by MrNexy View Post
                              Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I noticed that answerhub post in my earlier searches. I have followed the instruction there and have had no luck thus far.
                              I have also completely re-built the project and re-imported my content and config files to no avail. I still get the same message.
                              You deleted ALL intermediate folders? Including in the plugins folder?


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                                You deleted ALL intermediate folders? Including in the plugins folder?
                                Ah, not from the plugins folder. Though I wasn't sure if I had to or not as I removed the older version of the plugin completely before adding the new one. I will go through the whole process again and report if I'm successful or not.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X