Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by VytautasR View Post
    mordentral, did you have some time to test this?
    not yet, will try to get to it, but there really isn't something I can change on the plugin side to fix a bug with it.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Is there a way to create a session that requires a password? I've been implementing it myself with a bool and a string in extra settings, but in that case the validation is entirely client-side. I'm not too worried about hacked clients but I could see it being an issue for some games.

      Thanks for the plugin, it's awesome!

      Comment


        hi! sorry if this have been asked before but the plugin folder is 1.28GB... wich seem pretty overkill for just code. Is there any way of cutting down the size and only keep the strict minimum required to have the plugin working?

        Comment


          Originally posted by JX53mb View Post
          hi! sorry if this have been asked before but the plugin folder is 1.28GB... wich seem pretty overkill for just code. Is there any way of cutting down the size and only keep the strict minimum required to have the plugin working?
          Its not just code, it is all of the binaries as well, also the zipped download is 94mb and the repository (source only) is 120mb with history or 84kb with just the zip download.


          Your folder being 1.28 gb is because Epic is creating all of the intermediate files, these aren't packaged out to the executable when packaging and there isn't anything I can do about them, they are generated locally by unreal engine during the build process and are used during development.


          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            Originally posted by mordentral View Post
            Its not just code, it is all of the binaries as well, also the zipped download is 94mb and the repository (source only) is 120mb with history or 84kb with just the zip download.


            Your folder being 1.28 gb is because Epic is creating all of the intermediate files, these aren't packaged out to the executable when packaging and there isn't anything I can do about them, they are generated locally by unreal engine during the build process and are used during development.
            Wow! thanks for the fast reply. The size was bothering me because I backup my project very often and the size of the backup just sky rocketed. Well if there is nothing to do about it... thanks again for the fast answer

            Comment


              Originally posted by VytautasR View Post
              mordentral, did you have some time to test this?
              I can't get is local player talking to work either currently in Lan or Steam. Sadly as part of the VoiceInterface there isn't much I can do about it.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                I can't get is local player talking to work either currently in Lan or Steam. Sadly as part of the VoiceInterface there isn't much I can do about it.
                http://i.imgur.com/F8yyKmZ.png

                It's always returning 0

                GetMaxPlayers() works fine.

                I think it needs to be return Result.OnlineResult.Session.NumOpenPublicConnections; Might want to change this?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
                  http://i.imgur.com/F8yyKmZ.png

                  It's always returning 0

                  GetMaxPlayers() works fine.

                  I think it needs to be return Result.OnlineResult.Session.NumOpenPublicConnections; Might want to change this?
                  Num open public connections is the total slots available not the current number of players. And player counts aren't correct from dedicated servers currently, they aren't actually storing them.

                  That also isn't my function, its epics.


                  NumPublic (total slots) - NumOpenSlots (slots available) == Num Slots used
                  Last edited by mordentral; 04-08-2017, 09:11 PM.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                    Num open public connections is the total slots available not the current number of players. And player counts aren't correct from dedicated servers currently, they aren't actually storing them.

                    That also isn't my function, its epics.


                    NumPublic (total slots) - NumOpenSlots (slots available) == Num Slots used


                    Ohh, so it's a Epic problem? Is there an expected fix date? Because this is what the comments say:
                    http://i.imgur.com/msISN07.png

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by poke1103 View Post
                      Ohh, so it's a Epic problem? Is there an expected fix date? Because this is what the comments say:
                      http://i.imgur.com/msISN07.png
                      Yeah...that is how many are "AVAILABLE", not filled, and with dedicated servers that is never correctly filled out.

                      AFAIK no known fix is planned, it has been brought up multiple times.

                      *Edit* You can use my plugin to pass the current player count out and update the session info every time someone joins or leaves though.

                      IE: Name: PC, Value: int/byte
                      Last edited by mordentral; 04-08-2017, 10:45 PM.


                      Consider supporting me on patreon

                      My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                        Yeah...that is how many are "AVAILABLE", not filled, and with dedicated servers that is never correctly filled out.

                        AFAIK no known fix is planned, it has been brought up multiple times.

                        *Edit* You can use my plugin to pass the current player count out and update the session info every time someone joins or leaves though.

                        IE: Name: PC, Value: int/byte
                        How would you be sending the data out? If the session has been created? Would you just use the PlayerArray inside of GameState and then get the number of elements in that array to represent the number of players? How would you feed this to the GetExtras() node of FindSession()?

                        Comment


                          Hello, I downloaded and unzipped the files into my project, I can see the files in Windows Exporer, but I can't see them in the Editor. And I can't use any of the functionality of the plugin.
                          The steps I did are:
                          1. Download the zipped files
                          2. Unzip into my project folder under /plugins
                          3. Open my project

                          Anyone know what I did wrong?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SolidRubrical View Post
                            Hello, I downloaded and unzipped the files into my project, I can see the files in Windows Exporer, but I can't see them in the Editor. And I can't use any of the functionality of the plugin.
                            The steps I did are:
                            1. Download the zipped files
                            2. Unzip into my project folder under /plugins
                            3. Open my project

                            Anyone know what I did wrong?
                            Did the plugin compile? Did you enable the plugin in the editor?
                            https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...mming/Plugins/

                            Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                            Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                              I can't get is local player talking to work either currently in Lan or Steam. Sadly as part of the VoiceInterface there isn't much I can do about it.
                              Thanks, at least I feel a bit less insane now. :-)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                                Yeah...that is how many are "AVAILABLE", not filled, and with dedicated servers that is never correctly filled out.

                                AFAIK no known fix is planned, it has been brought up multiple times.

                                *Edit* You can use my plugin to pass the current player count out and update the session info every time someone joins or leaves though.

                                IE: Name: PC, Value: int/byte
                                I still don't get it lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X