Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    Player controller 0 is not a remote player, and if it is then you can't access the unique net id there, you need to do it in the GameState Player array.
    This is very strange.
    IsRemotePlayerTalking is never True for the server.
    IsRemotePlayerTalking for the client turns True at the right time, when player starts talking however doesn't return back to False (ever).

Click image for larger version

Name:	isremotetalking3.png
Views:	1
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	1125130

Comment

Originally posted by GamesByH View Post
      Does this work with the null online Subsystem, as in should I be able to find other sessions made using this?
      Yes, but keep in mind that the null online subsystem is LAN only for auto searching for sessions, you can allow manual remote connecting using the open command and providing an IP.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by VytautasR View Post
        This is very strange.
        IsRemotePlayerTalking is never True for the server.
        IsRemotePlayerTalking for the client turns True at the right time, when player starts talking however doesn't return back to False (ever).
        And you are using push to talk?

Also why are you replicating that? Each client should be able to check for themselves if others are talking.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

And you are using push to talk?

Also why are you replicating that? Each client should be able to check for themselves if others are talking.

Yes, I'm using "push to talk". IsRemotePlayerTalking turns to True on a client when "push to talk" is active AND actual voice is transferred. Which is how I imagined it to work except it never goes back to False even when "push to talk" is not active.
          On the server just stays False.

I want to keep a replicated variable on a pawn for graphical reasons. The pawn needs to know if their own player is talking.

Comment

Originally posted by VytautasR View Post
            Yes, I'm using "push to talk". IsRemotePlayerTalking turns to True on a client when "push to talk" is active AND actual voice is transferred. Which is how I imagined it to work except it never goes back to False even when "push to talk" is not active.
            On the server just stays False.

I want to keep a replicated variable on a pawn for graphical reasons. The pawn needs to know if their own player is talking.
            Use bool UAdvancedVoiceLibrary::IsLocalPlayerTalking(uint8 LocalPlayerNum) instead for the local player.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Mordentral the hero Gotham needs but doesn't deserve

Its crashing at the line below, I already validate the player controller previous to this in the function, so it means that between when you call the node and when it finishes getting the list you are deleting a player controller.

Code:
              ULocalPlayer* Player = Cast<ULocalPlayer>(PlayerControllerWeakPtr->Player);
              I'll add additional validity checks for player controllers in to the async nodes where appropriate, however you might want to check your blueprints because it sounds like there might be issues if you are dropping players while doing things.

*Edit* yeah just checked, that is the only node that was missing the last check. I fixed it and will re-upload.

Uploaded new version fixing a missing validity check in GetFriendsCallbackProxy

Thank you very much for this. Really appreciated.
              In regards to what you have said, I managed to isolate it down thanks to your debug. I have a lobby which has the player list call their steam friend info to populate name and avatar. Not sure why they are getting any invalidities however as I have checks everywhere for validity before I try to get anything from them!

Only thing I can assume (with rough understanding) is perhaps my player controller reference is not obtained fast enough, so perhaps I could have put a validity check in before using that? See picture below.

Name:	friendwidget.png
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	1125156
              I expect the player controller reference is still NULL sometimes due to load etc. Could be totally wrong.

Either way, appreciate the response and fix!

Comment

Just noticed this in the download, I assume a small mistake

Name:	folders.png
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1125160

Comment

Not a mistake, the plugin has steam functions separated into a different module now so that you can remove the module if not publishing to steam. It will let me go deeper into steam features in the future without complicating mobile and other platforms.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello, I have a project in version 4.15.1 in Blueprint and I receive an error during the packaging phase.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...or-for-windows

I tried to create an empty project in blueprint with the plugin installed, I always get an error.

Comment

Hi, we started receiving following error messages today

Code:
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:788][804]Cmd: stereo off
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:788][804]Cmd: r.setres 1024x768
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:788][804]r.SetRes = "1024x768"
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:788][804]Cmd: r.HZBOcclusion=0
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:789][804]Command not recognized: r.HZBOcclusion=0
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:789][804]LogGameMode:Display: Match State Changed from EnteringMap to WaitingToStart
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:789][804]LogGameState: Match State Changed from EnteringMap to WaitingToStart
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:789][804]LogGameMode:Display: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:792][804]LogGameState: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:793][804]LogLoadingSplash: Loading ends
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:793][804]LogHMD: FOculusRiftSplash::Hide
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:794][804]LogHMD: FOculusRiftSplash::PushBlackFrame
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.41:794][804]LogLoad: Took 0.099664 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/UEDPIE_2_MotionControllerMap)
                      [2017.03.25-15.08.42:022][805]LogOnline:Warning: OSS: No game present to leave for session (Game)
                      When another client tries to join server, they get black screen and disconnect from server right after joining into server. Happens both in Steam and at editor (lan server, starting with 2 players etc). Any idea where I should start looking into? Previous build worked fine yesterday, but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeOD View Post
                        Hi, we started receiving following error messages today

Code:
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:788][804]Cmd: stereo off
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:788][804]Cmd: r.setres 1024x768
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:788][804]r.SetRes = "1024x768"
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:788][804]Cmd: r.HZBOcclusion=0
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:789][804]Command not recognized: r.HZBOcclusion=0
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:789][804]LogGameMode:Display: Match State Changed from EnteringMap to WaitingToStart
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:789][804]LogGameState: Match State Changed from EnteringMap to WaitingToStart
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:789][804]LogGameMode:Display: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:792][804]LogGameState: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:793][804]LogLoadingSplash: Loading ends
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:793][804]LogHMD: FOculusRiftSplash::Hide
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:794][804]LogHMD: FOculusRiftSplash::PushBlackFrame
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.41:794][804]LogLoad: Took 0.099664 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/UEDPIE_2_MotionControllerMap)
                        [2017.03.25-15.08.42:022][805]LogOnline:Warning: OSS: No game present to leave for session (Game)
                        When another client tries to join server, they get black screen and disconnect from server right after joining into server. Happens both in Steam and at editor (lan server, starting with 2 players etc). Any idea where I should start looking into? Previous build worked fine yesterday, but not anymore.
                        Don't really see a relevant error there, although you are showing that the rift is loading a black screen for loading.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm really the only one for whom the plugin does not work in 4.15.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Scozor View Post
                            I'm really the only one for whom the plugin does not work in 4.15.1?
                            I can pack it with no issues.

In the other thread you said you just installed Visual Studio 2015. Did you install the C++ Tools? It's an option you need to install called "Common Tools For Visual C++ 2015".

Can you package it without the plugin?

Name:	6406._aaimage003.png
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1125191
                            Last edited by Parvan; 03-25-2017, 08:35 PM.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                            Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Could you add nodes to get a players steam groups so we could use them as clan tags?

Comment

Originally posted by rojo8399 View Post
                                Could you add nodes to get a players steam groups so we could use them as clan tags?
                                Well.....there is actually clan functionality in steam through groups. There are a TON of nodes for it so I hadn't implemented it yet, but since you brought it up I will look into it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X