No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks mordentral, its working now. Just gotta make it switch it all around once you change team

Comment

Originally posted by KrautPotato View Post
      I'm pretty sure this was asked before, but is there a way to get a connection working with localhost / 127.0.0.1? So i can run it twice on one pc?
      Run with LAN enabled for the session creation and search. That or just use open/listen.

You can't use a Steam Enabled subsystem outside of lan on the same machine as it requires two seperate accounts.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	filtervoice.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1124511

So this way of doing things seems to mute other players but doesn't un mute them when they switch to my team? I am running the check every few secs to test. I have put a print to string and in game it shows the un muting of the player but no voice actually comes through....again sorry to be a pain in the ***

Comment

Originally posted by Ka0s2003uk View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]132631[/ATTACH]

So this way of doing things seems to mute other players but doesn't un mute them when they switch to my team? I am running the check every few secs to test. I have put a print to string and in game it shows the un muting of the player but no voice actually comes through....again sorry to be a pain in the ***
          Are they talking at the time it unmutes? And is it push to talk?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

its set push to talk

Comment

Originally posted by Ka0s2003uk View Post
              its set push to talk
              They might have to turn PTT off and on again after un muting with how I remember it working.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

does someone know how i can access the ID from my friend to invite him to a session? I mean the nodes are there but i dont know how to set this up, when i click on a button and want to get his ID

Comment

Thank you, mordentral, for making this.

I'm trying to get "Is Local Player Talking" to graphically indicate which player is talking. It always returns False. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Name:	islocalplayertalking.png
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	1124800
                  I'm using Steam online subsystem, the voice chat is choppy but it works.

Comment

I recently updated my project from 4.12.5 to 4.15. I also updated the advanced sessions plugin to the correct version. Everything is working fine but packaging fails with the following message:

ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: (project directory)\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win32\Sport-AdvancedSessions.lib

I've tried removing the binaries and intermediate folders and the error persists. Anyone have any idea what this might be? I really don't want to create a new project and merge everything but that might be the next step. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirktanius View Post
                      I recently updated my project from 4.12.5 to 4.15. I also updated the advanced sessions plugin to the correct version. Everything is working fine but packaging fails with the following message:

ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: (project directory)\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win32\Sport-AdvancedSessions.lib

I've tried removing the binaries and intermediate folders and the error persists. Anyone have any idea what this might be? I really don't want to create a new project and merge everything but that might be the next step. Thanks!
                      Disregard this question. When I tried building in VS I noticed that the includes couldn't be found. Updating my project broke my include directories and after re-adding them, it was fixed.

Comment

Does this plugin work with Android? Particularly the voice over ip? Thanks in advance for the info!
                        Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Originally posted by VytautasR View Post
                          Thank you, mordentral, for making this.

I'm trying to get "Is Local Player Talking" to graphically indicate which player is talking. It always returns False. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
                          I'm using Steam online subsystem, the voice chat is choppy but it works.
                          Use this node instead
                          bool UAdvancedVoiceLibrary::IsRemotePlayerTalking(const FBPUniqueNetId& UniqueNet

Also if the voice is choppy you likely need to increase client bandwidth in the INI as its probably saturating with default settings and throwing away packets.

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                          Does this plugin work with Android? Particularly the voice over ip? Thanks in advance for the info!
                          VOIP is not implemented for either IOS or Googleplay on Epics back end.
                          Code:
                          IOnlineVoicePtr FOnlineSubsystemGooglePlay::GetVoiceInterface() const
                          {
                          	return nullptr;
                          }
                          Rest of the plugin should function.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I am trying to find out if I missed something.

I am currently using Cardinal's excellent menu to experiment with a multiplayer and lobby system.
                            I can start a host lobby and another player can log into that lobby. Using Steam and using LAN.
                            And I have read a lot of info and I know/understand that when using steam, I have to run a standalone session to make it work.
                            However, for now, and during testing, I am perfectly happy using LAN and PIE. And when I run LAN, and in PIE, the everything seems to work well, except for the "Get Session Info" node.
                            This node always fails getting the info in PIE+LAN. It works for StandAlone+LAN. I even reverted the OnlineSubsystem back to Null and used
                            "-NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")" and disabled the steam plugin.
                            However, the "Get Session Info" node always fails in PIE. This is unexpected for LAN. Am I missing something?
                            (using 4.15 and 4.15.1, same results)
                            Last edited by bggangel; 03-22-2017, 09:38 AM. Reason: added engine version

Comment

One Android as Hotspot hosting game and other android as client connecting to host.

Hi UE4 community,
                              I have a question in my mind whether this plugin works when one android device hosts game via hotspot or wifi direct and other android device connects to it.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                                Use this node instead
                                bool UAdvancedVoiceLibrary::IsRemotePlayerTalking(const FBPUniqueNetId& UniqueNet

Also if the voice is choppy you likely need to increase client bandwidth in the INI as its probably saturating with default settings and throwing away packets.
                                You are absolutely right about the the bandwidth.

Sorry to bother you again but IsRemotePlayerTalking also never prints True.

Name:	isremotetalking.png
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1125063

Comment

Working...
                                X