Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Thanks for the info, i did post on that thread about that plugin but i don't have high hopes it will get released, so the default sound capture how would i set that up to use distance thanks.
    Until 4.16 when everything probably changes, on a launcher build you would locally register / unregister network talkers based on distance.

If you are on a source build you can open up access directly to the VOIP audio components and run distance based volume and effects.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I felt excitement tingling through my body reading this. It's going to be incredibly useful for me!
      I'm very thankful, I'll try to include this in my project this week. If it works well, I'll probably donate as well ;D
      Although, the donation will be postponed till July or august (I graduate in June and need to work for a month or two first) ;D
      But it's a certainty. I keep my promises.

Comment

Going to push a new update today, I ran into an answerhub thread today where someone was having issues cleanly destroying his session and I noticed that he was using this plugin and calling "End Session" instead if "Destroy Session".

This made me realize that not only is the EndSession node not really useful in blueprints, but that people have been using it wrong.

Going to set EndSession to Deprecated so that it can't be used and phase it out, it isn't useful to Steam Subsystem and isn't really useful in blueprints to begin with as its use is vauge, would rather enforce the actual total destruction of the session instead by making users call DestroySession as is intended.

I feel like that node suffers from overexposing the back end to blueprints.
        Last edited by mordentral; 02-27-2017, 01:38 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm currently using voice in game but to me it doesn't seem obvious how to limit it to only your team. Using it in blueprint, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Ka0s2003uk View Post
            I'm currently using voice in game but to me it doesn't seem obvious how to limit it to only your team. Using it in blueprint, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?
            Unregister or Mute remote talkers that aren't on your team. Hopefully in 4.16 and beyond we'll have more direct control, though I kind of doubt it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

so I would get a list of all players, and their ID's and mute all those not on my team. If I am understanding that correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Ka0s2003uk View Post
                so I would get a list of all players, and their ID's and mute all those not on my team. If I am understanding that correctly
                Yes, there isn't currently a way for the server to dictate that directly.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

no worries I'm going to give it a try now and let you know, thanks for the quick response

Comment

Update pushed to repository, and download for 4.15 has been re-uploaded

Code:
                    Marking EndSession as deprecated

It is not only not really useful in blueprints, but people have also been using it wrong.

It isn't useful to Steam Subsystem and isn't really useful in blueprints to begin with as its use is vauge, would rather enforce the actual
                    total destruction of the session instead by making users call DestroySession as is intended.

I feel like that node suffers from overexposing the back end to blueprints.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

edit: Nevermind, i'm stupid. Was still in LAN mode. Working now!
                      ----

Any idea why the invitation is failing?

edit: Or is it not working with the Spacewar App ID while running in standalone?
                      Last edited by KrautPotato; 02-27-2017, 09:37 PM.
                      @CarstenZarbock - Follow me on Twitter, thank you

Comment

Just pushed an update to the repository, will also update the binaries soon. *Edit* Uploaded

This is a fix for packaging a game entirely without the SteamSubsystem, due to the recent deeper tie of the plugin into Steam it was defaulting to packaging the Steam Subsystem on PC platforms.
                        (I could get around this again but it would just keep bloating more code into the plugin, would rather make a split)

Splitting the plugin into two modules allows the deeper steam tie to be toggled by enabling/disabling a plugin and opens up room for more interesting steam specific features in the future.

You can still package and run on another platform that isn't steam without doing this, this just gives the option of not having steam included in packaging / compilation at all.

It has no effect on mobile or unsupported platforms, as they never linked the steam subsystem anyway.

Code:
                        Split plugin into two modules

One is for the general AdvancedSessions (Advanced Sessions Plugin)

The second is for Steam specific implementations (Advanced Steam Sessions Plugin)

This makes it easier to package without steam included, as the default setup always packaged steam out on PC platforms.

Unchecking the AdvancedSteamSessions plugin should allow for totally removing any steam reliance from the plugin.

You would also have to remove steam specific nodes from your blueprints as well however as they will no longer exist, just having them as dummies doesn't work with this.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 03-02-2017, 05:01 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Nice Plugin

Comment

Maybe a dumb question, but how can i get a list of the connected players to a session? i want to do a quick "MMR check" before joining, so i can have a smart matchmaking system, but i cant find out how to get the players and get his skills level before i join to a server.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by CalaveraX View Post
                              Maybe a dumb question, but how can i get a list of the connected players to a session? i want to do a quick "MMR check" before joining, so i can have a smart matchmaking system, but i cant find out how to get the players and get his skills level before i join to a server.

Thanks in advance!
                              You would have to add these into the extra server settings and pull them off the found session in the clients lobby, it mite be some work but i do it for my lobby settings.

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                                You would have to add these into the extra server settings and pull them off the found session in the clients lobby, it mite be some work but i do it for my lobby settings.
                                Do you have any tutorial or documentation on how to achieve this? i would really appreciate that!

Comment

Working...
                                X