Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It's pretty much the same in the dedicated case too. Go ahead and try, share your results with us

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Akcanca View Post
    It depends on what you need on dedicated server. If you are going to use advanced matchmaking system and will use VAC API's, then blueprints can't help you much. Otherwise I think it would be enough. There are tons of tutorials in youtube, check them out first
    well to be hones not even 1 tutorial taking care about dedicated server and steam together. All i need is to make dedicated server to host maps for survival game basically, nothing more... So not any advance matchmaking or other complicated things really..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It depends on what you need on dedicated server. If you are going to use advanced matchmaking system and will use VAC API's, then blueprints can't help you much. Otherwise I think it would be enough. There are tons of tutorials in youtube, check them out first

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont want to sound like total noob but i have to ask anyways. Since i dont have many experience with networking in UE4, can this plugin help me to make dedicated server with steam support ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] I just upgraded the Steam SDK v139 to v140 on binary release 4.16 and whenever I try to get auth token via Get Player Auth Token node, It returns DummyAuthToken. What's up with that ?
    Thanks

EDIT : Fixed with 4.16.2 update
    EDIT 2 : Problem still occurs with packaged (development) build. It only seems to work on Standalone Game Play mode.
    Last edited by Akcanca; 07-08-2017, 11:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    That is "supposed" to be handled by:

Code:
    // Removed because it never gets called by the online subsystems
    /*void UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance::OnSessionInviteReceivedMaster(const FUniqueNetId &InvitedPlayer, const FUniqueNetId &FriendInviting, const FOnlineSessionSearchResult& Session)
    {
    However the problem is that while it exists in the base subsystem, it is not implemented in the any actual subsystem. I could implement it myself but would have to add another override game instance in the steam module that inherits from the advanced friends game instance. Was really hoping that gap would be filled in engine eventually.
    If you can do that, you would be filling that gap as big as death star. I don't even know why nobody even complains about that I'm trying to do it myself too but having no documentation makes it so slow...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION]
    Interesting implementation then. By the way do you have any ideas about how can I retrieve the player list in a session ?
    Or just the person who invited me ?
    That is "supposed" to be handled by:

Code:
    // Removed because it never gets called by the online subsystems
    /*void UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance::OnSessionInviteReceivedMaster(const FUniqueNetId &InvitedPlayer, const FUniqueNetId &FriendInviting, const FOnlineSessionSearchResult& Session)
    {
    However the problem is that while it exists in the base subsystem, it is not implemented in the any actual subsystem. I could implement it myself but would have to add another override game instance in the steam module that inherits from the advanced friends game instance. Was really hoping that gap would be filled in engine eventually.
    Last edited by mordentral; 07-07-2017, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its how it is implemented in the subsystem / steam, not much I can do about that.
    [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION]
    Interesting implementation then. By the way do you have any ideas about how can I retrieve the player list in a session ?
    Or just the person who invited me ?
    Last edited by Akcanca; 07-07-2017, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From what I understand, this node does not return the person who invited us, instead it returns just who accepted the invite (which is obviously always us/me). I think that's wrong. If it's not supposed to be like that, it's still not fixed.
    Its how it is implemented in the subsystem / steam, not much I can do about that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mmmm, appears to be a naming issue, it should be "PersonInvited" not "PersonInviting". I'll fix that

*Edit* Newest upload has it changed as does the repository.

Sorry about that, I think the old reference wording was wrong in engine and I never went back and checked later on to see if it was different.
    From what I understand, this node does not return the person who invited us, instead it returns just who accepted the invite (which is obviously always us/me). I think that's wrong. If it's not supposed to be like that, it's still not fixed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X