Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

If you are on AppID 480 then it is region locked and you need to switch to the same download region on steam as your friend, or get your own AppID.
    Sorry for the lack of details. Here is the log file.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied

If you are on AppID 480 then it is region locked and you need to switch to the same download region on steam as your friend, or get your own AppID.
    I have another question relating to this plugin. I created a new 4.23 project and the steam subsystem works in a standalone game (I can get the steam username) but when I package the game for windows 64, I get a fatal error when calling any blueprint method included with your plugin (such as get player name, or create advanced session). Any idea why? I followed the instructions closely.

I want to fix this fatal error first so that I can test the game on a friends computer (to fix my earlier problem of download region differences).

Leave a comment:

• replied

Interesting. I will give this a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GuacFrog View Post

The Steam subsystem. I have it pulling the Steam username and friends list successfully. I just can't get it to connect outside of the same network.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Is it actually throwing that failure pin? If so it should be printing to the log some sort of message.

With what? The Null subsystem? That one won't work out of LAN because it doesn't have a master server to record sessions too, you have to use or create a subsystem that handles server registration or directly connect with "Open IP" in console.
    The Steam subsystem. I have it pulling the Steam username and friends list successfully. I just can't get it to connect outside of the same network.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mvitech View Post
    We have a weird issue adding Steam sessions with Create Advanced Session. Wondering if you can help.

We're calling Create Advanced Session from our GameMode, it works fine on a Windows dedicated server, but oddly fails to create a session on a Linux dedicated server. All other factors are the same on both servers (same build of the game, Steam updated, etc).

The Steam API goes on to successfully initialize the game server and assign a Server ID. It just doesn't create a session, so doesn't show up in the Server List / Find Sessions.

I believe this worked at least once before. What would cause Create Advanced Session to fail?
    Is it actually throwing that failure pin? If so it should be printing to the log some sort of message.
    Originally posted by GuacFrog View Post
    Hey man, I have been trying to get this plugin to work on 4.22 but I run across an issue.

When I run my application on two computers on the same network, they can find and join each others sessions without issue. The problem is when I give my friend the application and we try to connect. It returns 0 results when finding sessions. I port forwarded my router's 7777 port for UDP and TCP. Also, LAN is NOT enabled on the CreateAdvancedSession and FindSessionsAdvanced functions.

Any ideas? We both live in the US. However, he lives in Hawaii and I live in North Carolina. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    With what? The Null subsystem? That one won't work out of LAN because it doesn't have a master server to record sessions too, you have to use or create a subsystem that handles server registration or directly connect with "Open IP" in console.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey man, I have been trying to get this plugin to work on 4.22 but I run across an issue.

When I run my application on two computers on the same network, they can find and join each others sessions without issue. The problem is when I give my friend the application and we try to connect. It returns 0 results when finding sessions. I port forwarded my router's 7777 port for UDP and TCP. Also, LAN is NOT enabled on the CreateAdvancedSession and FindSessionsAdvanced functions.

Any ideas? We both live in the US. However, he lives in Hawaii and I live in North Carolina. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We have a weird issue adding Steam sessions with Create Advanced Session. Wondering if you can help.

We're calling Create Advanced Session from our GameMode, it works fine on a Windows dedicated server, but oddly fails to create a session on a Linux dedicated server. All other factors are the same on both servers (same build of the game, Steam updated, etc).

The Steam API goes on to successfully initialize the game server and assign a Server ID. It just doesn't create a session, so doesn't show up in the Server List / Find Sessions.

I believe this worked at least once before. What would cause Create Advanced Session to fail?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.23 is live in the repo and binaries are uploaded to the website.

I'll note that I had the intention to have the repository moved over to GitHub by 4.23's release but I didn't make it in time, I will be shifting it over later.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theone866 View Post
    Hi, I have one quick question.
    When I login on Android phone with this node "Show External Login UI" and after this:
    "Get Player Controller - Get Unique Net ID - Unique Net Id to String"
    this give me something like this: g03407421025724742368

I remember on PC Steam, "Get Unique Net ID" returning my unique Steam profile ID, but can anyone confirm this is Google Play unique ID too?

Also I found this:
    https://developers.google.com/identi...obtainuserinfo

Description for "sub" is:

But... I am not sure.
    What exactly return this node "Get Unique Net ID" on Android platform?

By the way Unreal 4.23 released just now
    It returns the currently active subsystems unique ID converted to string. Each platform has its own implementation of UniqueID.

In this case I'm not the most familiar with google play, but the subsystem is returning this: https://developers.google.com/games/...784ce8ada050c2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I have one quick question.
    When I login on Android phone with this node "Show External Login UI" and after this:
    "Get Player Controller - Get Unique Net ID - Unique Net Id to String"
    this give me something like this: g03407421025724742368

I remember on PC Steam, "Get Unique Net ID" returning my unique Steam profile ID, but can anyone confirm this is Google Play unique ID too?

Also I found this:
    https://developers.google.com/identi...obtainuserinfo

Description for "sub" is:

An identifier for the user, unique among all Google accounts and never reused. A Google account can have multiple emails at different points in time, but the sub value is never changed. Use sub within your application as the unique-identifier key for the user.
    But... I am not sure.
    What exactly return this node "Get Unique Net ID" on Android platform?

By the way Unreal 4.23 released just now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi All I am having a problem i hope some one can help with.

I can Create a session then on find session add to a list on PIE and on standalone. My game also packages fine. But when i update my game on Steam (which is in released state) I can create session but i can fine it and it wont add to my list of sessions in my UI widget.

I have tried with my own app id and with the Steam 480 one.

i have also tried Adding this to my engine Default

bUseBuildIdOverride=true
    BuildIdOverride=[10]

This also didn't work

i have downloaded the 4.22
    i have also added the C++ file and done all that work.
    i am sure that i was working a month or two ago (but i dont think the game was released at this point not that that should make a difference)

Any idea where to Start

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey there, i cannot invite or join a friend game when i set Should Advertise to False, is it normal? how to you do friend only games then?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi I got a question how would I get the dedicated server option to work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KGB1st View Post
    Is this plugin supporting the authentication system for steam? Or any method for checking the user autorization? It's needed for dedicated server. In order to make sure that the player doesn't generate an custom id or something else for the autorization bypass.
    4.20 + of the engine is supposed to handle that now natively by using a special authentication packet handler that Epic added.

New: Steam Authentication

Steam Authentication has been added! Games can now add a packet handler component that interfaces with Steam's authentication APIs, enabling them to advertise their servers properly, handle VAC/publisher bans, and provide better validation of clients. If enabled, clients joining a server now have to be authenticated by Steam before being allowed into gameplay. By default, clients who fail authentication are kicked from the server.
    See
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...eam/index.html

at the Steam Online Authentication section.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X