Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adipFTW View Post
    Im calling this in my player controller:
    If you remove the filter and set it to all servers does it show up then?

*Edit* Actually... Is there any way you can try remotely?

Steam is claiming this

Important:
    If you have a server and a client behind the same router, the client cannot connect to the server through the server browser. In fact the server may not be visible in the server browser of the client.
    The client must connect to the server using the server's internal IP address.
    Last edited by mordentral; 10-26-2016, 10:02 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
      If you remove the filter and set it to all servers does it show up then?

*Edit* Actually... Is there any way you can try remotely?

Steam is claiming this
      I just tethered my smarthphone to my laptop, so it uses the cellular internet connection instead of my home internet. Result stays the same...

Comment

I just tethered my smarthphone to my laptop, so it uses the cellular internet connection instead of my home internet. Result stays the same...
        Even with searching ALL servers?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Even with searching ALL servers?
          Thats what I just did.

Comment

Thats what I just did.
            Not sure what to say then, I have confirmation that others have been able to see dedicated servers with it, the problem was missing authentication for clients then.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Can anyone who has succeeded with this tell me, if he can replicate it in a template project?

Comment

Ive just read about people being able to see their servers in the server browser, but not being able to join them. How do i open the server browser in the first place?

Comment

[2016.10.26-12.25.33:925][ 41]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,SESSIONFLAGS:651 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
                  [2016.10.26-12.25.33:927][ 41]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,GameName_s:TestServer123 overflows Steam SetGameTags call

For one session flags is overflowing which will kill some of the flags.....The default subsystem still uses overlong strings to designate things so its iffy getting everything into how small of a buffer steam requires. More so since it also passes in your game name as a long series of characters and numbers for some reason.

For two, whats the Find sessions node look like? The plugin can find dedicated servers now afaik, the problem is that without authentication in the engine the players joining aren't fully authed.
                  I've been trying to get this to work as well. I tried quite a few things along with this - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...xceed-k-c.html

I've decided to wait and investigate other solutions in the mean time.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                  Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                    I've been trying to get this to work as well. I tried quite a few things along with this - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...xceed-k-c.html

I've decided to wait and investigate other solutions in the mean time.
                    Ive tried the workaround in this thread as well, it gets rid of the overflow, but i still cant find my server

EDIT: That actually wasnt the only thing i had to do. In my screenshots above you can see that i search for my server, which has TestServer123 as gamename, but apparently thats too long and caused overflow. I changed it to a simple bool check called WFO, but still no luck finding it.

Comment

Ive tried the workaround in this thread as well, it gets rid of the overflow, but i still cant find my server

EDIT: That actually wasnt the only thing i had to do. In my screenshots above you can see that i search for my server, which has TestServer123 as gamename, but apparently thats too long and caused overflow. I changed it to a simple bool check called WFO, but still no luck finding it.
                      You have the ports open right? Dedicated servers don't nat punch with steam, so they need the correct open ports.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You have the ports open right? Dedicated servers don't nat punch with steam, so they need the correct open ports.
                        Can i even open ports when the server is using my smartphone internet? xD

EDIT: Ok, just tested the 'fixed' build with my phone -> session creation fails on my server, no idea why. Then i routed port 7777 to my laptop in my router and tried with home internet, but that also failed...
                        Last edited by adipFTW; 10-28-2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

EDIT: Ok, just tested the 'fixed' build with my phone -> session creation fails on my server, no idea why. Then i routed port 7777 to my laptop in my router and tried with home internet, but that also failed...
                          I tried it on a VPS with no firewall. No luck... but I only investigated for around three hours. I think I'm going to end up using JSON and CouchDB to create an "official servers" list for my project and have running dedicated server builds post server stats (players, etc) to the DB every minute or so. But I'll put that on the backburner and hopefully someone comes up with the answer before then. If I get some free time maybe I will dabble with it again. I didn't try too hard.

You were able to get past the overflow adipFTW? The simple bool check stopped the overflow?

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                          Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

UnrealEngine/engine/Config/BaseEngine.ini
                            -URL ports
                            -Port=7777
                            -PeerPort=7778

-OnlineSubsystemSteam Port
                            -GameServerQueryPort=27015

-/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.onlineBeaconHost port
                            -ListenPort=15000

-MobileSupport port
                            -UDKRemotePort=41765

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                              You were able to get past the overflow adipFTW? The simple bool check stopped the overflow?
                              Well, I just chose a shorter identification, instead of using the 'long' TestServer123 string property. A bool property, in my case called WFO and set to true did not trigger the overflow, so i dont know if its the length or the property type.

UnrealEngine/engine/Config/BaseEngine.ini
                              -URL ports
                              -Port=7777
                              -PeerPort=7778

-OnlineSubsystemSteam Port
                              -GameServerQueryPort=27015

-/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.onlineBeaconHost port
                              -ListenPort=15000

-MobileSupport port
                              -UDKRemotePort=41765
                              I can open those ports on my home router and try again, but didnt you say having the client and server in the same home network WILL guarantee the search to fail?

Really weird, how the server cant even create session when im using my phone, all i did was add the workaround suggested in the thread Parvan linked and changed the search property type...

Comment

Well, I just chose a shorter identification, instead of using the 'long' TestServer123 string property. A bool property, in my case called WFO and set to true did not trigger the overflow, so i dont know if its the length or the property type.

I can open those ports on my home router and try again, but didnt you say having the client and server in the same home network WILL guarantee the search to fail?

Really weird, how the server cant even create session when im using my phone, all i did was add the workaround suggested in the thread Parvan linked and changed the search property type...
                                I quoted steam saying not to do it, but I was under the impression this entire time that you had the ports open. Dedicated servers WILL NOT work without open ports.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X