Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Muzaheed View Post

i think i have seen this error somewhere in answerHub. and it turns out to be a bug of 4.17.
    take a look into answer hub
    Than's helpful! thank you. I've overlooked that one!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by User-1505902409 View Post

OK. So, I will post it in the answerhub. If it's not the plugin, they will be able to help. Thank you so far.
    here u go:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...e-request.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

well, its interesting because it is a linker crash, but its not interesting as far as relating to my plugin.
    OK. So, I will post it in the answerhub. If it's not the plugin, they will be able to help. Thank you so far.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Thank you for you answer.
    No the plugin is just in the plugins folder. And inside the editor i can use it without problems.
    Also I don't find a Script folder neither in the project nor in the packaged folder, which maybe doesn't mean anything.
    Maybe the crash message is interesting?

i think i have seen this error somewhere in answerHub. and it turns out to be a bug of 4.17.
    take a look into answer hub

Leave a comment:

• replied

thanks for the confirmation. although i knew it is totally impossible.

anyway now 2nd problem:

i am having this errors when lunching the "xxxServer.exe":

XXXserver.exe keeps complaining about another server/client instance using steam in same pc. But i checked everything and did not found any other client ruinning.

Any idea?
    Are you running STEAM itself?

Leave a comment:

• replied

No the plugin is just in the plugins folder. And inside the editor i can use it without problems.
    Also I don't find a Script folder neither in the project nor in the packaged folder, which maybe doesn't mean anything.
    well, its interesting because it is a linker crash, but its not interesting as far as relating to my plugin.

Leave a comment:

• replied

No it doesn't, that tick is there to use after you compile a source version of the engine with a dedicated server target.cs setup.
    thanks for the confirmation. although i knew it is totally impossible.

anyway now 2nd problem:

i am having this errors when lunching the "xxxServer.exe":

Click image for larger version

Name:	1111.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1352564

3rd problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1111.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	1352565

XXXserver.exe keeps complaining about another server/client instance using steam in same pc. But i checked everything and did not found any other client ruinning.

Any idea?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Code:
    Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/AdvancedSessions
    Do you have the plugin inside of another folder? /Script/ shouldn't ever be in the pathname of the plugin and considering the name Script is likely a reserved name for packaging it could be screwing things up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    guys.
    i am having some complexity to understand how the dedicated server part actually works for "advanced-sessions-plugin".

i was given assurity that using "Create Advanced Session" node it is possible to turn a windowsNoEditor into a "dedicated server".
    All it is needed to set "is dedicated server " to true .
    from my commonsense that is just impossible.

so before wasting more times i wanted to ask does that node has that "magical power " ?

Sorry . if I sounds like a fool.

I am mostly a "Open Ip address" command lover with zero knowledge on Steam
    No it doesn't, that tick is there to use after you compile a source version of the engine with a dedicated server target.cs setup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im using this plugin on my project its pretty **** awesome. if i manage to get my game into steam does it work for people over internet with no problem or does people need to do port forwarding stuff? how does that work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    guys.
    i am having some complexity to understand how the dedicated server part actually works for "advanced-sessions-plugin".

i was given assurity that using "Create Advanced Session" node it is possible to turn a windowsNoEditor into a "dedicated server".
    All it is needed to set "is dedicated server " to true .
    from my commonsense that is just impossible.

so before wasting more times i wanted to ask does that node has that "magical power " ?

Sorry . if I sounds like a fool.

I am mostly a "Open Ip address" command lover with zero knowledge on Steam
    Last edited by Muzaheed; 09-12-2017, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I try to lauch my packaged project, it crashes and relating to the log it seems to have something to do with the Advanced Sessions plugin.
    The first error in the log:
    "Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code."
    The log file is in the attachment.

Inside the editor (standalone) everything works fine. It's an only blueprint project.
    I would be very happy if you could look at this, because the crash seems to happen because of the plugin.

Code:
    Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/AdvancedSessions
    Do you have the plugin inside of another folder? /Script/ shouldn't ever be in the pathname of the plugin and considering the name Script is likely a reserved name for packaging it could be screwing things up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I try to lauch my packaged project, it crashes and relating to the log it seems to have something to do with the Advanced Sessions plugin.
    The first error in the log:
    "Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code."
    The log file is in the attachment.

Inside the editor (standalone) everything works fine. It's an only blueprint project.
    I would be very happy if you could look at this, because the crash seems to happen because of the plugin.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you so much for your reply, it's very helpfull! I hope your work on the VR plug is going well. It will be interesting to check out!
    /Best Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MADHOUSE View Post

You've done awesome work with the Advanced Sessions plugin, its been the go-to solution for online issues in UE4 for a long time. <3

I wonder if you have a moment to discuss a bit how the function "Get Unique Net ID" works, if you have some knowledge about it. It does get the Steam ID of clients when using steam oss, but how is the ID set in the first place?
    Is it set by the client and replicated to the server? I've been looking around in the UE4 source but haven't come across anything enlightening yet.
    All subsystems are based on a base subsystem class which passes around FUniqueNetIds in its various functions. The steam subsystem returns and uses a subclass of it FSteamUniqueNetId which stores a steam ID.

The servers playerstate array contains client specific information including their UniqueNetId.

Code:
        /** The id used by the network to uniquely identify a player.
         * NOTE: the internals of this property should *never* be exposed to the player as it's transient
         * and opaque in meaning (ie it might mean date/time followed by something else).
         * It is OK to use and pass around this property, though. */
        UPROPERTY(replicatedUsing=OnRep_UniqueId)
        FUniqueNetIdRepl UniqueId;

Unique net id is set on server and replicated down to clients.

DOREPLIFETIME_CONDITION( APlayerState, UniqueId,    COND_InitialOnly );

Replicated condition is "Initial only", so its only sent once and doesn't skip owner (player states on owning player still contain their replicated ID).

if (LocalPlayer)
    {
        // Send the player unique Id at login
        UniqueIdRepl = LocalPlayer->GetPreferredUniqueNetId();
    }

FNetControlMessage<NMT_BeaconJoin>::Send(Connection, BeaconType, UniqueIdRepl);

Initial uniqueID is sent from the joining player to the server.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X