Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
    May be it is just a problem with the preview versions.
    I hope so, because 4.13 preview 1 was the best shape that the online subsystem has ever been in with voice working.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Well, I guess you'll find out soon. I just got the 4.13.0 release update. Hopefully things still work.

Comment

Originally posted by NikoKun View Post
        Well, I guess you'll find out soon. I just got the 4.13.0 release update. Hopefully things still work.
        Oh cool, its out. i'll download

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Uploaded 4.13.0 download, seems to be working fine, haven't been able to test voice yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

On behalf of all, thanks for the prompt update, and your great plugin! ;D This will be a fun weekend now. heh

Comment

Hey, I'm getting a crash anytime I utilise the Get Steam Friend Avatar BP node?
              Any ideas?

Using 4.13 and updated my plugin to 4.13.

MachineId:75CE9F1A48F6E8B2C7473DB4571AB544
              EpicAccountId:5f6d056ed6244bbaa4285b2303850059

Unknown exception - code c06d007f (first/second chance not available)

KERNELBASE
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!__delayLoadHelper2() [f:\dd\vctools\delayimp\delayhlp.cpp:386]
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!_tailMerge_steam_api64_dll()
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!CSteamAPIContext::Init() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.13\engine\source\thirdparty\steamworks\steamv137\sdk\public\steam\steam_api_internal.h:92]
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!SteamFriends() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.13\engine\source\thirdparty\steamworks\steamv137\sdk\public\steam\steam_api_internal.h:33]
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!UAdvancedFriendsLibrary::GetSteamFriendAvatar() [f:\ue4 projects\battlegrounds\plugins\advancedsessions\source\advancedsessions\private\advancedfriendslibrary.cpp:104]
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!UAdvancedFriendsLibrary::execGetSteamFriendAvatar() [f:\ue4 projects\battlegrounds\plugins\advancedsessions\source\advancedsessions\classes\advancedfriendslibrary.h:35]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4280]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:697]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessContextOpcode() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2126]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::execLetObj() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1961]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:922]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:821]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:922]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:821]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4280]
              UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1305]
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::ProcessMulticastDelegate<UObject>() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.13\engine\source\runtime\core\public\uobject\scriptdelegates.h:459]
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!UGetFriendsCallbackProxy::OnReadFriendsListCompleted() [f:\ue4 projects\battlegrounds\plugins\advancedsessions\source\advancedsessions\private\getfriendscallbackproxy.cpp:85]
              UE4Editor_AdvancedSessions!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UGetFriendsCallbackProxy,void __cdecl(int,bool,FString const & __ptr64,FString const & __ptr64)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.13\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:848]
              UE4Editor_OnlineSubsystemSteam!FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamReadFriendsList::TriggerDelegates()
              UE4Editor_OnlineSubsystem!FOnlineAsyncTaskManager::GameTick()
              UE4Editor_OnlineSubsystemSteam!FOnlineSubsystemSteam::Tick()
              UE4Editor_Core!FTicker::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\containers\ticker.cpp:79]
              UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2938]
              UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:156]
              UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
              UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.13+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
              UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
              kernel32
              ntdll

Comment

Are you checking if the returned avatar is valid or not? it is not guaranteed to return a valid avatar if steam is still loading one in.

*Edit* wait, did you install a new version of the steam sdk?
                Last edited by mordentral; 09-03-2016, 11:49 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey, I did originally try to update with v137 but that was more headaches than worth so reverted it back to using v132. Something I do borked it that you can see that I can't?

Comment

Originally posted by NukePie View Post
                    Hey, I did originally try to update with v137 but that was more headaches than worth so reverted it back to using v132. Something I do borked it that you can see that I can't?
                    Yeah your folders are showing as v137 instead of v132 which was making me wonder if you were using the wrong sdk version.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

can someone tell me why it keeps trowing this error at me?

AdvancedSessionsLog:Warning: UniqueNetIdToString received a bad UniqueNetId!
                      Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                      Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                      Fishy Blub Blub
                      get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                        Yeah your folders are showing as v137 instead of v132 which was making me wonder if you were using the wrong sdk version.
                        Strange... i guess I havn't reverted it back properly. I'll dive in deeper to that tonight.
                        Thanks for the help and love the plug-in. Great work

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
                          can someone tell me why it keeps trowing this error at me?
                          What subsystem are you using?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I am currently trying to call the function 'Get session settings' but it is failing everytime.
                            I want to update them so that other players know in what map the current session is playing.
                            There are also some other functions that are not working in my project like the 'Is player in session' function.

It seems like that the reference to the session data got deleted or something?
                            Is this a know bug of could it be that I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                              What subsystem are you using?
                              Null or none at this moment as I'm building a lobby and matchmaking system. It's working I was just wondering why the error keeps popping up?
                              Do Not Argue Toxic Game
                              Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
                              Fishy Blub Blub
                              get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
                                Null or none at this moment as I'm building a lobby and matchmaking system. It's working I was just wondering why the error keeps popping up?
                                Its not giving the player a unique net id, that error is shown if the unique net id is empty. Are you testing in editor?

Originally posted by FrankHartman View Post
                                I am currently trying to call the function 'Get session settings' but it is failing everytime.
                                I want to update them so that other players know in what map the current session is playing.
                                There are also some other functions that are not working in my project like the 'Is player in session' function.

It seems like that the reference to the session data got deleted or something?
                                Is this a know bug of could it be that I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance
                                GetSessionSettings only fails in two isntances:

There is no session Interface (no subsystem using sessions is active).

The session interface doesn't support sessions (probably attempting to play through editor).

The log will output an error message to you when it fails saying which one it is.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X