Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    Can you remove the register function, make sure that only the client calls StartNetworkedVoice and try again for me?
    After removing the register function I seem to have gotten the same behavior (the same as [MENTION=10404]Fantasifall[/MENTION]). But it's good to know it should be fixed in 4.13! Thanks for the quick replies and your continued support. I 2nd the request for a donation method.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasifall View Post
      Thanks for your support! Can we donate somewhere?
      Originally posted by Dr_Jerm View Post
      After removing the register function I seem to have gotten the same behavior (the same as [MENTION=10404]Fantasifall[/MENTION]). But it's good to know it should be fixed in 4.13! Thanks for the quick replies and your continued support. I 2nd the request for a donation method.
      You guys aren't the first to ask, but you were the ones to break me.....

I don't ask for or request donations but I added a PayPal link to the OP for people that want to anyway.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Control View Post
        I downloaded the sample but the filters did not work. Finding server and everything else did but I set filters and it simply just ignored them. Could it be just a bug in plugin?
        I'm looking into the problem on Cardinal Menu. You caught a bug I missed. Thanks! Mordentral's filters do work. I was passing an integer for the radio buttons and it was set to not filter if 0 and filter if 1 but I changed the filters to an array and the integer now passes numbers greater than 1... which means if you clicked radio button int 2 or 3 without pressing "1" it doesn't engage filters. Oops, I'm releasing the fix today. If you find more, let me know.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
        Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

I'll check it out to make sure ahead of time what needs to be changed, but I am not going to release a 4.13 version until 4.13 is mostly stable.

That being said I compiled one of my test projects with 4.13 the day it was out and i'm pretty sure Advanced Sessions was in that project and I had no issues.

I'll double check though.

*Edit* Confirmed, no code changes for 4.13 for Advanced Sessions, also checked the github and they didn't change any of the subsystem files.
          Really glad to hear that! Can't wait for the update!
          (woooo, that was a really looong week without the forums..)

Anyway, as someone making a VR game, I recently updated to 4.13 to take advantage of it's better VR support.. And then realized I had to mostly halt my work on multiplayer without this plugin, and it's driving me nuts. x3
          So yeah, good to hear you've already got it working for this version. Hopefully they won't make us wait through too many more preview builds, before it's "stable". heh
          Last edited by NikoKun; 08-27-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] Do you maybe know why On session invite accepted doesn't work in a C++ project?
            Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
            Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
            Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Hello, I'm new to Advanced Sessions and I love what you are doing for the UE4 blueprint community. With that being said, i downloaded version of the plugin and it runs fine in the editor but when i package it to test the game with my brother, it says that it cannot find the module. Is there something that i have to do get it to work or is this just a bug?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] Do you maybe know why On session invite accepted doesn't work in a C++ project?
                As in you don't get the notification? The event is blueprint, you won't receive the delegate in c++. If you mean that you don't get in in blueprints with c++ code in your project then you haven't derived the game isntance from the AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

It doesn't work in Blueprints but I think I know what I did wrong, I made a C++ Game Instance based on yours because I needed to do my own stuff in there, I guess I was maybe overriding some of your stuff but I found a way around this problem, I just modified your Game Instance to do what I needed.
                  Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                    It doesn't work in Blueprints but I think I know what I did wrong, I made a C++ Game Instance based on yours because I needed to do my own stuff in there, I guess I was maybe overriding some of your stuff but I found a way around this problem, I just modified your Game Instance to do what I needed.
                    As long as you call Super::Shutdown() and Super::Init() from your gameinstance in those two functions it should work fine. If you don't call those then it never gets back to the code I wrote.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

As long as you call Super::Shutdown() and Super::Init() from your gameinstance in those two functions it should work fine. If you don't call those then it never gets back to the code I wrote.
                      Oh, thanks I didn't know that

Comment

Hi there. I just noticed a copy/paste error in the AdvancedFriendsInterface.

Apparently both OnSessionInviteReceived and Accepted have the same Display name ( OnSessionInviteAccepted )

both of them seems to be using meta = (DisplayName = "OnSessionInviteAccepted") , and they appear exactly the same in the blueprint.
                        Developer at AmmoboxStudios.

Eximius ( An FPS/RTS Hybrid )

Comment

Originally posted by Frozenfire View Post
                          Hi there. I just noticed a copy/paste error in the AdvancedFriendsInterface.

Apparently both OnSessionInviteReceived and Accepted have the same Display name ( OnSessionInviteAccepted )

both of them seems to be using meta = (DisplayName = "OnSessionInviteAccepted") , and they appear exactly the same in the blueprint.
                          Good catch, i'll fix it for 4.13.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Never mind also updated 4.12.5 with the fix as well. Also added an MIT license so that people won't have to ask me anymore.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

4.13 Preview 3 appears to have reverted the voice fix and also broke steam multiplayer?

I can't find any changes that would cause that on github so I am waiting to see if I have the beta steam client at home (it had a bricked patch yesterday).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

4.13 Preview 3 appears to have reverted the voice fix and also broke steam multiplayer?

I can't find any changes that would cause that on github so I am waiting to see if I have the beta steam client at home (it had a bricked patch yesterday).
                                May be it is just a problem with the preview versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X