Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    It looks correct from the SS you gave, but without the rest of the nodes I don't know if you somehow are misusing it anyway somewhere else.

    *Edit* do me a favor though and try filtering by an integer value instead of a string just in case.
    I did and it did not help. I added a get extra settings after a find session and watched its value and it is "0" all the time even if I put different number when making extra settings. And after these nodes are just things to show the session in my server list nothing fancy but I moved them so it would be easier to see the Filtering part.

    Comment


      Is there somewhere an example project with this included?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Control View Post
        Is there somewhere an example project with this included?
        Actually a few posts above you was linked one that is now in the OP as well.

        http://community.metahusk.com/topic/...and-discussion

        Full server browser sample using the plugin.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Originally posted by mordentral View Post
          Actually a few posts above you was linked one that is now in the OP as well.

          http://community.metahusk.com/topic/...and-discussion

          Full server browser sample using the plugin.
          I will check that out and tell you if it helped.

          Comment


            Hey mordentral, thanks for making this, and thanks for being so active in the forums. First off the session searching and creating has been super helpful! However I've been working on getting VOIP support added and am running into a problem that I did see briefly mentioned earlier in this thread.

            Scenario: game built into an executable, using the Steam Subsystem, have another tester on a completely different network (so connecting through Steam over the internet as Server-Client). One person hosts and the other joins.

            Local player controllers call "Start Networked Voice" and "Register Local Talker" after the PostLogin event occurs. For a very brief moment voice data can be sent and heard by both people. However it quickly stops functioning. The voice data sent by the server will very sporadically make its way to the other client. Nothing appears to make it from the client to the server (after the initial few seconds after first connection). Looking at the logs I see multiple entries of this (on both the server and client):

            ```
            [2016.08.21-05.14.17:609][878]LogNet:Warning: Network saturated
            [2016.08.21-05.14.17:609][878]LogNet:Warning: Dropped 1 packets due to congestion in the voicechannel
            ```

            I'm a little worried as the last person (@Frozenfire) said "I have taken VOIP off my project for some time since it's been happening." which is fairly disheartening. Anyways, not sure if anything has changed since then, just wanted to mention that I too was having issues with this. Thanks again for your contribution!

            Comment


              Originally posted by mordentral View Post
              Actually a few posts above you was linked one that is now in the OP as well.

              http://community.metahusk.com/topic/...and-discussion

              Full server browser sample using the plugin.
              I downloaded the sample but the filters did not work. Finding server and everything else did but I set filters and it simply just ignored them. Could it be just a bug in plugin?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Dr_Jerm View Post
                Hey mordentral, thanks for making this, and thanks for being so active in the forums. First off the session searching and creating has been super helpful! However I've been working on getting VOIP support added and am running into a problem that I did see briefly mentioned earlier in this thread.

                Scenario: game built into an executable, using the Steam Subsystem, have another tester on a completely different network (so connecting through Steam over the internet as Server-Client). One person hosts and the other joins.

                Local player controllers call "Start Networked Voice" and "Register Local Talker" after the PostLogin event occurs. For a very brief moment voice data can be sent and heard by both people. However it quickly stops functioning. The voice data sent by the server will very sporadically make its way to the other client. Nothing appears to make it from the client to the server (after the initial few seconds after first connection). Looking at the logs I see multiple entries of this (on both the server and client):

                ```
                [2016.08.21-05.14.17:609][878]LogNet:Warning: Network saturated
                [2016.08.21-05.14.17:609][878]LogNet:Warning: Dropped 1 packets due to congestion in the voicechannel
                ```

                I'm a little worried as the last person (@Frozenfire) said "I have taken VOIP off my project for some time since it's been happening." which is fairly disheartening. Anyways, not sure if anything has changed since then, just wanted to mention that I too was having issues with this. Thanks again for your contribution!
                You don't need to register the local talker, it is already done for you. You only use it if you have unregistered a local talker. That being said the plugin only calls Epics voice interface functions, it literally does nothing else.

                Originally posted by Control View Post
                I downloaded the sample but the filters did not work. Finding server and everything else did but I set filters and it simply just ignored them. Could it be just a bug in plugin?
                I'll package out one of my VR test projects and run filtering on it to double check today.

                *Edit* Nope, ran it and it filtered just fine (IE if I removed my ID filter I ton a ton of junk servers from other people using App ID 480.) Are you on 4.13? It appears to have a different way of using SteamSubsystem that may be getting in your way. Check and make sure that the log says that steam initialized.
                Last edited by mordentral; 08-21-2016, 04:11 PM.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Dr_Jerm View Post
                  snip
                  Hey I did some testing and while I wasn't getting network saturation I was getting cut offs, which is a reported bug in 4.12. Can you remove the register function, make sure that only the client calls StartNetworkedVoice and try again for me?

                  *Edit* Oh and I tested the exact same project on 4.13 and voice was working perfectly.
                  Last edited by mordentral; 08-21-2016, 06:09 PM.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    I've set up VOIP using the plugin, but I'm experiencing cutoffs. All clients can hear eachother but only for about half a second every time I do "Start Networked Voice". Weird thing is, it only continuously works if I alternate between the two clients. Push To Talk Client 1: Client 2 hears for a brief second, then I can walk over to Client nr 2, do push to talk and client nr 1 will hear for a brief second. If I try again on the same client it does't work at all, I have to do it on the other client, for it to work again. It's crystal clear for that brief second, but then it drops. On 4.12.5 (I can unfortunately not change to 4.13 because of another plugin that I'm using).

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                      You don't need to register the local talker, it is already done for you. You only use it if you have unregistered a local talker. That being said the plugin only calls Epics voice interface functions, it literally does nothing else.



                      I'll package out one of my VR test projects and run filtering on it to double check today.

                      *Edit* Nope, ran it and it filtered just fine (IE if I removed my ID filter I ton a ton of junk servers from other people using App ID 480.) Are you on 4.13? It appears to have a different way of using SteamSubsystem that may be getting in your way. Check and make sure that the log says that steam initialized.
                      No I am not using 4.13 but I don't have a problem with other servers using APPID 480 but with Gamemode filter. The thing is that I am making a game with a variety of mods and if I select a mode that I wanna play, the server list should show only the servers with the selected gamemode. Thats why I need these filters.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Fantasifall View Post
                        I've set up VOIP using the plugin, but I'm experiencing cutoffs. All clients can hear eachother but only for about half a second every time I do "Start Networked Voice". Weird thing is, it only continuously works if I alternate between the two clients. Push To Talk Client 1: Client 2 hears for a brief second, then I can walk over to Client nr 2, do push to talk and client nr 1 will hear for a brief second. If I try again on the same client it does't work at all, I have to do it on the other client, for it to work again. It's crystal clear for that brief second, but then it drops. On 4.12.5 (I can unfortunately not change to 4.13 because of another plugin that I'm using).
                        Then you will have to pull the fix from 4.13 for it manually because they never fixed it in 4.12, or get your other plugin working on 4.13 when it releases. That behavior is a known bug in 4.12 and after I tried the exact same project in 4.13 it went away and worked correctly. If you search up answerhub for voice cutting out there is a bug number for it and you can look it up in the new bug tracker, that will point to the commit that fixed it in 4.13.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 08-22-2016, 08:04 AM.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Control View Post
                          No I am not using 4.13 but I don't have a problem with other servers using APPID 480 but with Gamemode filter. The thing is that I am making a game with a variety of mods and if I select a mode that I wanna play, the server list should show only the servers with the selected gamemode. Thats why I need these filters.
                          That is what I was saying, I set a filter with GAMEID random number so that I don't get the junk servers from steam and it filtered out everything but my server, when i removed the filter it showed all of the junk servers again. This means that filtering is working, now if your filtering is not working then as I said it likely is that you are not actually hosting through steam currently.

                          You need to run it with -log as a command or in editor as stand alone with -log in the advanced options for launching a window in the editor and confirm that steam is actually loading for you. Also can you shift-tab into the steam overlay during play in a stand-alone launched window in editor?

                          If you get the log visible and steam is initialized, if filtering is not working then you will see a bunch of warnings when searching for sessions that show servers on app ID 480 that are not for your game.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 08-22-2016, 08:05 AM.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                            That is what I was saying, I set a filter with GAMEID random number so that I don't get the junk servers from steam and it filtered out everything but my server, when i removed the filter it showed all of the junk servers again. This means that filtering is working, now if your filtering is not working then as I said it likely is that you are not actually hosting through steam currently.

                            You need to run it with -log as a command or in editor as stand alone with -log in the advanced options for launching a window in the editor and confirm that steam is actually loading for you. Also can you shift-tab into the steam overlay during play in a stand-alone launched window in editor?

                            If you get the log visible and steam is initialized, if filtering is not working then you will see a bunch of warnings when searching for sessions that show servers on app ID 480 that are not for your game.
                            Thanks a lot for your support, I finally got it working. And now. Can I built a Dedicated Server with this plugin using these Extra Settings?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Control View Post
                              Thanks a lot for your support, I finally got it working. And now. Can I built a Dedicated Server with this plugin using these Extra Settings?
                              Yes, it should be possible, but no I can't help you with it as I haven't built one myself and dedicated servers require some very specific setup procedures as far as I am aware.

                              Some have managed to get everything working correctly, some haven't, good luck.


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                                Then you will have to pull the fix from 4.13 for it manually because they never fixed it in 4.12, or get your other plugin working on 4.13 when it releases. That behavior is a known bug in 4.12 and after I tried the exact same project in 4.13 it went away and worked correctly. If you search up answerhub for voice cutting out there is a bug number for it and you can look it up in the new bug tracker, that will point to the commit that fixed it in 4.13.
                                Thanks for your support! Can we donate somewhere?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X