Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Control View Post
    Hello, How can I make filters when searching for session? It has the filters array in ti but I can't set them. I need to filter found sessions by gamemode that is on server.
    You can set them, drag it out and make an array. You can also use a filter found sessions node if you want to filter them after searching as well. In most cases you want to use the pre-filtering though as it will save bandwidth and time.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by mordentral View Post
      Nope, but you can fake it by muting and unmuting / registering and unregistering players.
      Hi [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] , i've been using unmuting/muting for a while. somehow even at 8 players it keeps clogging the channel and i'm getting a lot of error message on log about network saturated. This seems to be happening consistently. any idea why? My initial assumption was that the traffic is too high and was hoping having multiple channel would work better. Since epic has implemented it do you have any idea what i should try try to get it to work?
      Developer at AmmoboxStudios.



      Eximius ( An FPS/RTS Hybrid )

      Comment


        Originally posted by Frozenfire View Post
        Hi [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] , i've been using unmuting/muting for a while. somehow even at 8 players it keeps clogging the channel and i'm getting a lot of error message on log about network saturated. This seems to be happening consistently. any idea why? My initial assumption was that the traffic is too high and was hoping having multiple channel would work better. Since epic has implemented it do you have any idea what i should try try to get it to work?
        You would be better off Unregistering the players you don't want to hear (other team) instead of muting them. However I have seen that warning before, since I don't have a current project ready to look it up can you paste the actual log message in here? I want to see where it is throwing it from.

        It won't have anything to do with the plugin since I just call their voice interface functions, however I did notice them start occurring when they didn't used to, it may be an engine problem (there have been some recent voice issues reported for 4.12).


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Hi,
          if you need inspiration about possible new features you could add to the plugin, i would like to have a way, to pass some information to the server while joining a session, with a joinAdvancedSessionNode. Because my problem is: I have a bool, while I´m not in a session. now i search and find a session and want to join it. but when i join it and get to the new level (of the server), which has another GameMode, every file except the gameInstance-file of the client gets replaced. so i have to store this bool in the gameinstance, and have to find a way, to send this bool to the server(i need it in the GameMode-Class) after joining. with a parameter in the "joinSession"-Node, all this stuff becomes unneccessary and a lot easier.

          Would be nice if you consider adding this new "JoinAdvancedSession"-node

          Comment


            Hey there.

            I've got a question about your plugin. I'm making a game with a friend, and it's mostly made in c++. We were using your plugin in BPs (as it was mostly just for testing so it didn't have to be fine quality yet) and it was working pretty good. However, I'm at the point where I'm cleaning that stuff. I'm trying to move all that logic to C++. Unfortunately I keep failing at it. When I call your node "Create Advanced Session" in blueprints, the session is created properly. However, if I use UCreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced::CreateAdvancedSession it doesn't. I've tried to debug it but doing it in VS on BP functions is quite hard to acomplish (one of the reasons we want to move it to c++ ).

            From what I seen, calling "Create Advanced Session" nodes, causes that the UCreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced::Activate function is called at some point. That's not the cause, when I use UCreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced::CreateAdvancedSession function. When I try to call that function manually, the game simply turns off. After comparing declaration of node and the function, it kinda makes me think that there is another definition of that node somewhere, but I fail to find it. Could you point me to the place where that function is implemented? Or tell me how's creating function is supposesd to be handled in c++?

            The way I'm trying to do it atm:
            Code:
            void UFreedomInstance::CreateSession_Implementation(const FCreateSessionParams& InCreateSessionParams)
            {
            	ensureAlways(InCreateSessionParams.Player);
            	if (InCreateSessionParams.Player)
            	{
            		UCreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced* CreatedSession = UCreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced::CreateAdvancedSession(
            			InCreateSessionParams.Player->GetWorld(),
            			InCreateSessionParams.GenerateSessionSettings(), 
            			InCreateSessionParams.Player,
            			InCreateSessionParams.MaxPlayersCount, 
            			0,
            			InCreateSessionParams.bLan);
            
            		ensureAlways(CreatedSession);
            		if (CreatedSession)
            		{
            			SIGN_UP_EVENT(CreatedSession->OnSuccess, &UFreedomInstance::OnCreateSession_Success_Handler);
            			SIGN_UP_EVENT(CreatedSession->OnFailure, &UFreedomInstance::OnCreateSession_Failure_Handler);
            		}
            		else
            		{
            			ERROR_GAME("Session Creation Failure: couldn't create sessions callback proxy.");
            		}
            	}
            	else
            	{
            		ERROR_GAME("Session Creation Failure: given player was null. See if player is passed to the function properly.");
            	}
            }
            InCreateSessionParams.Player is valid, custom player controller of a player that wanted to create a session.
            UFreedomInstance is a UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance deriving class.
            The subsystem I'm using is a steam one.
            I'm testing it for a single player (just want to see if OnSuccess even is fired) in Standalone mode. Steam is running and game properly detects it (overlay).

            The version I'm using: 4.12.5 (both for engine and your plugin).

            Cheers, and thanks in advance.
            Last edited by Atheist91; 07-29-2016, 04:52 PM.
            Check out the game I'm working on: the Freedom Code! (FPP, jumping around, arcade, simple puzzles)
            Info: [ UE4 forum topic | my blog post #1 | my blog post #2 ]
            Videos: [ trailer #1 | trailer #2 | update 0.4.4 ]
            Download v0.4.4 x32: [ download | mirror (gdrive) ]
            Download v0.4.4 x64: [ download | mirror (gdrive) ]

            Comment


              Originally posted by FriendlyFire1 View Post
              Hi,
              if you need inspiration about possible new features you could add to the plugin, i would like to have a way, to pass some information to the server while joining a session, with a joinAdvancedSessionNode. Because my problem is: I have a bool, while I´m not in a session. now i search and find a session and want to join it. but when i join it and get to the new level (of the server), which has another GameMode, every file except the gameInstance-file of the client gets replaced. so i have to store this bool in the gameinstance, and have to find a way, to send this bool to the server(i need it in the GameMode-Class) after joining. with a parameter in the "joinSession"-Node, all this stuff becomes unneccessary and a lot easier.

              Would be nice if you consider adding this new "JoinAdvancedSession"-node
              Using the game instance is the correct way of doing it. Passing variables through join session isn't officially supported and in a game instance you can send an entire struct through RPC.



              Originally posted by Atheist91 View Post
              Hey there.
              .
              The plugin doesn't do things how it should be done for C++ projects, I am using Blueprint Callbacks and delegates and the async blueprint nodes are used differently. You should take a look at Exi's tutorial in the forums for C++ version of sessions hosting.

              That being said there isn't much of a downside to keeping it a blueprint interface.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                The plugin doesn't do things how it should be done for C++ projects, I am using Blueprint Callbacks and delegates and the async blueprint nodes are used differently. You should take a look at Exi's tutorial in the forums for C++ version of sessions hosting.
                That being said there isn't much of a downside to keeping it a blueprint interface.
                Thanks for the answer, tho it's not the one I was counting for.
                Can you point me to the location where your node is implemented then? I really don't want to mix blueprints and C++ in that place.

                Thanks for the hint about Exi's compedium, didn't know about its existance.

                Edit:
                Okay, I've found the guilty class. It seems like UK2Node_LatentOnlineCall is responsible for creating such wrapping nodes for all children of UOnlineBlueprintCallProxyBase.
                Last edited by Atheist91; 07-30-2016, 07:30 AM.
                Check out the game I'm working on: the Freedom Code! (FPP, jumping around, arcade, simple puzzles)
                Info: [ UE4 forum topic | my blog post #1 | my blog post #2 ]
                Videos: [ trailer #1 | trailer #2 | update 0.4.4 ]
                Download v0.4.4 x32: [ download | mirror (gdrive) ]
                Download v0.4.4 x64: [ download | mirror (gdrive) ]

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                  You would be better off Unregistering the players you don't want to hear (other team) instead of muting them. However I have seen that warning before, since I don't have a current project ready to look it up can you paste the actual log message in here? I want to see where it is throwing it from.

                  It won't have anything to do with the plugin since I just call their voice interface functions, however I did notice them start occurring when they didn't used to, it may be an engine problem (there have been some recent voice issues reported for 4.12).
                  I agree it's definitely nothing to do with the plugin. just wondering if having channels would take down the traffic significantly.
                  I have taken VOIP off my project for some time since it's been happening. Btw. i'm wondering does registering/ unregistering a 100% local function or it has anything to do with network.
                  Developer at AmmoboxStudios.



                  Eximius ( An FPS/RTS Hybrid )

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Frozenfire View Post
                    I agree it's definitely nothing to do with the plugin. just wondering if having channels would take down the traffic significantly.
                    I have taken VOIP off my project for some time since it's been happening. Btw. i'm wondering does registering/ unregistering a 100% local function or it has anything to do with network.
                    If another player is registered then steam sends the voice packets to the player.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Hey I installed your plugin hoping it would help me resolve an issue i am having joining local LAN sessions. It did not but thought I would ask here since can't get responses anywhere else. I am launching 2 PIE windows in the editor then in the server i create an advanced session and open lobby level with the listen option. At this point i get logs saying the client disconnected. I am able to find the session as the client but cant connect. Any tips on how to test lan connections on same machine? I am only using the default online subsystem for testing.

                      I realize this is not an issue with your plugin but just thought I would ask.

                      LogNet: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_7 IpNetDriver listening on port 7777
                      LogWorld: Bringing World /Game/MOBA/Maps/UEDPIE_1_Lobby.Lobby up for play (max tick rate 0) at 2016.08.04-08.54.48
                      LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.003023
                      LogOnline:Warning: NULL: Can't start an online session (Game) in state InProgress
                      LogLoad: Took 0.180617 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/MOBA/Maps/Lobby)
                      LogNet:Warning: Network Failure: GameNetDriver[FailureReceived]: Host closed the connection.
                      LogNet:Warning: Network Failure: GameNetDriver[FailureReceived]: Host closed the connection.
                      LogNet: NetworkFailure: FailureReceived, Error: 'Host closed the connection.'
                      LogBlueprintUserMessages: [GameInfoInstance_C_5] Client 1: ENetworkFailure::FailureReceived
                      LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:7777, Name: IpConnection_4, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_6, IsServer: NO, PC: PlayerController_1, Owner: PlayerController_1, Channels: 11, Time: 2016.08.04-15.54.48
                      LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:7777, Name: IpConnection_4, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_6, IsServer: NO, PC: PlayerController_1, Owner: PlayerController_1
                      LogNet:Warning: Network Failure: GameNetDriver[ConnectionLost]: Your connection to the host has been lost.
                      LogNet:Warning: Network Failure: GameNetDriver[ConnectionLost]: Your connection to the host has been lost.
                      LogNet: NetworkFailure: ConnectionLost, Error: 'Your connection to the host has been lost.'
                      LogBlueprintUserMessages: [GameInfoInstance_C_5] Client 1: ENetworkFailure::ConnectionLost
                      LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server Lobby accept
                      LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server Lobby accept
                      LogNet: Browse: /Game/MOBA/Maps/MainMenu?closed
                      LogNet: Failed; returning to Entry
                      LogLoad: LoadMap: /Game/MOBA/Maps/MainMenu?closed
                      LogNet: World NetDriver shutdown IpNetDriver_6 [GameNetDriver]
                      LogNet: DestroyNamedNetDriver IpNetDriver_6 [GameNetDriver]
                      LogExit: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_6 shut down

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jaran View Post
                        Hey I installed your plugin hoping it would help me resolve an issue i am having joining local LAN sessions. It did not but thought I would ask here since can't get responses anywhere else. I am launching 2 PIE windows in the editor then in the server i create an advanced session and open lobby level with the listen option. At this point i get logs saying the client disconnected. I am able to find the session as the client but cant connect. Any tips on how to test lan connections on same machine? I am only using the default online subsystem for testing.

                        I realize this is not an issue with your plugin but just thought I would ask.
                        You won't be able to test session joining very well through the PIE windows as they auto create a "session" for the two windows. You'll want to package out to stand alone exe's and test using those instead.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                          You won't be able to test session joining very well through the PIE windows as they auto create a "session" for the two windows. You'll want to package out to stand alone exe's and test using those instead.
                          Ah interesting. Thanks for the info Ill try to package them out to test the joining stuff.

                          Comment


                            Quick question to those that have used the plugin to build shipping versions of their game. Has anyone had issues with this before? I seem to be having a few issues with getting the steam overlay working once I build for shipping. I have added all the necessary files to their locations including the steam_appid.txt file. Just curious if anyone else has had problems when moving to shipping builds. Thanks.

                            Comment


                              Hi, when could we expect the plugin to be recompiled for 4.13? Epic did change several networking functions, so there is unfortunately a necessity to rewrite at least some part of the cpp code.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Archound View Post
                                Hi, when could we expect the plugin to be recompiled for 4.13? Epic did change several networking functions, so there is unfortunately a necessity to rewrite at least some part of the cpp code.
                                I'll check it out to make sure ahead of time what needs to be changed, but I am not going to release a 4.13 version until 4.13 is mostly stable.

                                That being said I compiled one of my test projects with 4.13 the day it was out and i'm pretty sure Advanced Sessions was in that project and I had no issues.

                                I'll double check though.

                                *Edit* Confirmed, no code changes for 4.13 for Advanced Sessions, also checked the github and they didn't change any of the subsystem files.
                                Last edited by mordentral; 08-11-2016, 01:16 PM.


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X