Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LCDLV View Post
    I Delete the folders BUILD, INTERMEDIATE and SAVED and its work again.

I think the update is very necesary, and a little trick of delete this folders too.
    Thanks again!
    Yeah intermediate stores the auto generated files, it gets in the way when it doesn't know you need to regenerate it. You can either delete the folder entirely or (in most cases, sometimes deleting is required) run a "clean" operation on the project.

It still had information from the last version of the plugin in it.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ug, i'm going to have to revise the android fix and upload a new version. UFunctions inside of a preprocessor define check don't ever compile out, even if the preprocessor check succeeded.

I'll have the blueprint functions stay inside of the android builds but return null values instead. Don't think there is an alternative without splitting it into another module or header.

*Edit* Uploaded the fix, someday i'll make it cleaner
      Last edited by mordentral; 06-17-2016, 10:58 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Trying to compile a WindowsServer build but I'm getting the following error

ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Unreal Engine Projects\Dreadgrasp\DGP\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-AdvancedSessions-Win64-DebugGame.lib

I've tried deleting the folders as suggested above, but to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
          Ug, i'm going to have to revise the android fix and upload a new version. UFunctions inside of a preprocessor define check don't ever compile out, even if the preprocessor check succeeded.

I'll have the blueprint functions stay inside of the android builds but return null values instead. Don't think there is an alternative without splitting it into another module or header.

*Edit* Uploaded the fix, someday i'll make it cleaner
          Hi Again! I finish a tutorial and in the PC work really fine, but in android CREATE ADVANCE SESSION and JOIN ADVANCE SESSION failed everytime...
          My DefaulEngine.ini its:

[OnlineSubsystem]
          DefaultPlatformService=Null

This is the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...GjrWxHkWbHcjAl

Thats my blueprints en Game Instance:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	searchfailed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1108555
          Click image for larger version

Name:	createfailed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1108556

I download the last version and have the issue with the above version (when I have a problem to compile the APK).
          Sorry for my English! Thanks from Argentina!

Comment

Thank you for this amazing plug-in. It opens so many new doors for BP-only users with little C++ experience.

I have one quick question about the "Is Player in Session" node. Does it return "true" only when the player in question has joined someone else's session and not hosting theirs?
            The problem I had is that it returned "false" when I called it with the hosting friend's Unique Net ID (but she must be in the session she's hosting, right?). Similarly, the "Find Friend Session Info" node returns nothing (doesn't Fail or Succeed) if that friend is hosting the session.

I haven't checked what happens when the player I input is in someone else's session, so cannot comment on that case.

I'm positive that the host in our experiment succesfully created a session using the "Create Advanced Session" node, because it showed in the list when I used the "Find Sessions Advanced" node to search for it.

Any help would be great if you have the time.

Comment

Hi mordentral,

Has the problem with STEAM: Server Overflow SESSIONFLAGS error on dedicated servers been solved?
              I see you talking about it in these link, but I'm not sure how to shorten key names and what keys can be accessed in the default session.
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post441679
              https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...xceed-k-c.html
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alperenakyuz View Post
                Thank you for this amazing plug-in. It opens so many new doors for BP-only users with little C++ experience.

I have one quick question about the "Is Player in Session" node. Does it return "true" only when the player in question has joined someone else's session and not hosting theirs?
                The problem I had is that it returned "false" when I called it with the hosting friend's Unique Net ID (but she must be in the session she's hosting, right?). Similarly, the "Find Friend Session Info" node returns nothing (doesn't Fail or Succeed) if that friend is hosting the session.

I haven't checked what happens when the player I input is in someone else's session, so cannot comment on that case.

I'm positive that the host in our experiment succesfully created a session using the "Create Advanced Session" node, because it showed in the list when I used the "Find Sessions Advanced" node to search for it.

Any help would be great if you have the time.

Is player in session probably only works for clients yes, the clients shouldn't need to call it themselves. I haven't ran into the Find Session info returning nothing if it is the host, in fact the only way to test it would have been client to host so you might have something wrong.

Originally posted by Sarlack View Post
                Hi mordentral,

Has the problem with STEAM: Server Overflow SESSIONFLAGS error on dedicated servers been solved?
                I see you talking about it in these link, but I'm not sure how to shorten key names and what keys can be accessed in the default session.
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post441679
                https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...xceed-k-c.html
                Thanks
                I can't fix that in a plugin sadly unless I redefine names and I really shouldn't #undef / #define engine constants.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Not true, the On Session Invite Accepted event should work I believe, it is the on received one that will not work. Accepted has to work because that is how you implement joining the game off of the friends list invite.
                  This is true (tested on PC-Steam and PS4)

Comment

Originally posted by MaXi View Post
                    This is true (tested on PC-Steam and PS4)
                    What I said? Or that that neither event is currently working?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

What I said? Or that that neither event is currently working?
                      What you said.
                      On Session Invite Accepted event works Ok in PC-Steam and PS4. Event On Session Invite Received event is never received.
                      Sorry for the confusion :s

Comment

Originally posted by MaXi View Post
                        What you said.
                        On Session Invite Accepted event works Ok in PC-Steam and PS4. Event On Session Invite Received event is never received.
                        Sorry for the confusion :s
                        Thats fine, and thanks for the confirmation. There are a lot of artists and new engine users using the plugin so I get a ton of misinformation about what does/doesn't work. I should resurrect a dead project and use it just to compile out test copies for multiple computers to make sure everything is fine across engine changes.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for the hard work mordentral!

I'm working on releasing an example project.

Any ideas why FindFriendSession causes a crash when searching the UniqueNetID of a player who is on the main screen? (No CreateAdvancedSessions started.) It doesn't crash if the players are playing the game.

[2016.06.21-05.50.12:351][ 50]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [MainMenu_C_0] [MAIN MENU ]Active widget index is 1
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.13:688][ 81]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [PlayGameSubMenu] [SETTINGS SUBMENU] Active widget index is 4
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.18:933][196]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] BuildID: 961667077
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.18:934][196]AdvancedFindFriendSessionLog:Warning: FindFriendSession Failed
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.18:968][196]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] FriendFailed: splinter
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.19:422][207]AdvancedFindFriendSessionLog:Warning: FindFriendSession Failed
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.19:423][207]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] FriendFailed: Vii
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.19:938][218]AdvancedFindFriendSessionLog:Warning: FindFriendSession Failed
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.19:939][218]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] FriendFailed: ¤CvG¤™Trothgar
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.20:491][230]AdvancedFindFriendSessionLog:Warning: FindFriendSession Failed
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.20:492][230]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] FriendFailed: AidanZon
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.20:994][241]AdvancedFindFriendSessionLog:Warning: FindFriendSession Failed
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.20:995][241]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] FriendFailed: darthgraygor
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.21:501][252]AdvancedFindFriendSessionLog:Warning: FindFriendSession Failed
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.21:503][252]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] FriendFailed: Reptar
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.22:002][263]AdvancedFindFriendSessionLog:Warning: FindFriendSession Failed
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.22:003][263]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] FriendFailed: Desperado
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.22:522][274]AdvancedFindFriendSessionLog:Warning: FindFriendSession Failed
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.22:556][274]LogMemory:Warning: Freeing 33554432 bytes from backup pool to handle out of memory.
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.22:556][274]LogMemory:Warning: MemoryStats:
                          AvailablePhysical 7933440000
                          AvailableVirtual 140735600828416
                          UsedPhysical 835244032
                          PeakUsedPhysical 897642496
                          UsedVirtual 1049387008
                          PeakUsedVirtual 1137192960
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.22:556][274]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [FriendsList] FriendFailed: metahusk
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.22:557][274]LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.23:009][281]LogThreadingWindows:Error: Runnable thread OnlineAsyncTaskThreadSteam DefaultInstance crashed.
                          [2016.06.21-05.50.23:009][281]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
                          Fatal error: [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 139]
                          Ran out of memory allocating 18446744066972348008 bytes with alignment 0

Crash in runnable thread OnlineAsyncTaskThreadSteam DefaultInstance
                          The crash only happens when a player is in the main menu and that player UniqueNetID is called by FindFriendSession. If the player is in the game it doesn't cause an issue.

I've tried three different systems and both in-editor and built copies. Mismatched BuildID's? I wonder why would it only happen in the main menu. (Where no session has been created yet.) I've tried a lot of things before taking your time. I'm not sure if it's a bug.

That last friend "metahusk" is the Steam user that is sitting on the main menu.

Thanks!

edit: I built a new copy of the game. The built copies that match won't crash on FindFriendSession hitting a Steam user sitting on the main menu but if I open the in editor Standalone Game it does crash.
                          Last edited by Parvan; 06-21-2016, 02:49 AM.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                          Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Its attempting to allocate uint64_MAX worth of memory when searching for many friend sessions during a loop? ok.....

Can you show me a SS of your loop? I have the function pulled up but can't get down to testing it for a couple of hours but it looks like they are creating a unique net id manually for people out of a lobby. Regardless FindFriendSession shouldn't be called on someone in the menu, they aren't actually in a session at the time, but it should fail gracefully, not have memory corruption.

*Edit* You know what? I totally forgot to initialize Friend.PresenceInfo in the "GetFriend" function....

It contains the following:

Code:
                            	UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "Online|Friend")
                            		bool bIsOnline;
                            		bool bIsPlaying;
                            		bool bIsPlayingThisGame;
                            		bool bIsJoinable;
                            		bool bHasVoiceSupport;
                            		TEnumAsByte<EBPOnlinePresenceState::Type> PresenceState;
                            		FString StatusString;
                            Which should allow you to fully define whether they are joinable and their current status. I had some of the presence settings exposed to their own variables but I will fill out the entire presence structure, like "IsJoinable" which would be a big help here....
                            Last edited by mordentral; 06-21-2016, 08:51 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Its attempting to allocate uint64_MAX worth of memory when searching for many friend sessions during a loop? ok.....

Can you show me a SS of your loop? I have the function pulled up but can't get down to testing it for a couple of hours but it looks like they are creating a unique net id manually for people out of a lobby. Regardless FindFriendSession shouldn't be called on someone in the menu, they aren't actually in a session at the time, but it should fail gracefully, not have memory corruption.

*Edit* You know what? I totally forgot to initialize Friend.PresenceInfo in the "GetFriend" function....

It contains the following:

Code:
                              		bool bIsOnline;
                              		bool bIsPlaying;
                              		bool bIsPlayingThisGame;
                              		bool bIsJoinable;
                              		bool bHasVoiceSupport;
                              		TEnumAsByte<EBPOnlinePresenceState::Type> PresenceState;
                              		FString StatusString;
                              Which should allow you to fully define whether they are joinable and their current status. I had some of the presence settings exposed to their own variables but I will fill out the entire presence structure, like "IsJoinable" which would be a big help here....
                              Thanks for the fast reply. I'm at work right now. I can take a screenshot later. No hurry... I know supporting things can be a lot of work. Friend.PresenceInfo discovering if they are joinable would be a great!

Edit: It's strange it only crashes in the editor. I imagine detecting if they are joinable first will fix the problem.
                              Last edited by Parvan; 06-21-2016, 10:55 AM.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                              Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                                Thanks for the fast reply. I'm at work right now. I can take a screenshot later. No hurry... I know supporting things can be a lot of work. Friend.PresenceInfo discovering if they are joinable would be a great!

Edit: It's strange it only crashes in the editor. I imagine detecting if they are joinable first will fix the problem.
                                It was only the "GetFriend" function that was missing the Presence information. GetStoredFriendsList and GetFriendsList both return the correct presence and you should be able to check "bIsJoinable" and "bIsPlayingSameGame".

Also the steam function FindFriendSession already checks to see if they are actually in game or not. I would like that screenshot when possible, I can't find a problem in the code itself so far.

*Edit* Unless it has to do with this:
                                Code:
                                				else
                                				{
                                					// Search for the session via host ip
                                					TSharedRef<FInternetAddr> IpAddr = ISocketSubsystem::Get()->CreateInternetAddr(FriendGameInfo.m_unGameIP, FriendGameInfo.m_usGamePort);
                                					CurrentSessionSearch->QuerySettings.Set(FName(SEARCH_STEAM_HOSTIP), IpAddr->ToString(true), EOnlineComparisonOp::Equals);

FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamFindServer* NewTask = new FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamFindServer(SteamSubsystem, SearchSettings, LocalUserNum, OnFindFriendSessionCompleteDelegates[LocalUserNum]);
                                					SteamSubsystem->QueueAsyncTask(NewTask);
                                				}
                                If the player isn't in a session then it tries to find a server by the players session IP instead, i'll see if steam ever passes in a NULL for an ip.

*Edit 2*

Welp, no clue anymore, there is some funky **** going on in the steam subsystem
                                Code:
                                TSharedRef<FInternetAddr> FSocketSubsystemSteam::CreateInternetAddr(uint32 Address, uint32 Port)
                                {
                                	FInternetAddrSteam* SteamAddr = new FInternetAddrSteam();
                                	return MakeShareable(SteamAddr);
                                }
                                When making the search for the ip based game it uses that function, which doesn't end up using the passed in address and port at all...... The default socketsubsystem uses them but it is calling the SocketSubsystemSteams implementation instead so the port and ip are just 0.

Long story short, I think the steam subsystem has some real problems in it and you should just check if they are playing a game and are joinable before getting their session information. I will upload a new version that has the GetFriendInfo having the full presence information after I run a debug test to make sure it actually calls that function.
                                Last edited by mordentral; 06-21-2016, 12:38 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X