Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, sorry, my mistake. i'm using the 4.8 Branch, not the release branch,
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Unreal Engine Developers Denmark
    My Blog/Website: http://CrazyToby.com

Comment

Wow man, this is amazing! I don't check the forums for a few weeks and look what happens... Thanks for sharing!

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
      Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by tfrom222 View Post
        oh, sorry, my mistake. i'm using the 4.8 Branch, not the release branch,
        Yeah I won't be updating it to 4.8 until it release or just before it, from the state of 4.7 it is going to undergo a lot of changes in the new version. The commit that changed delegates in 4.8 mentions something about making it compatible for Fortnite so might be more changes inc.

The new delegate function parameters are:
        Code:
        virtual void OnSessionUserInviteAccepted(const bool bWasSuccess, const int32 ControllerId, TSharedPtr< FUniqueNetId > UserId, const FOnlineSessionSearchResult & InviteResult)
        Last edited by mordentral; 05-31-2015, 06:05 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
          Yeah I won't be updating it to 4.8 until it release or just before it, from the state of 4.7 it is going to undergo a lot of changes in the new version. The commit that changed delegates in 4.8 mentions something about making it compatible for Fortnite so might be more changes inc.

The new delegate function parameters are:
          Code:
          virtual void OnSessionUserInviteAccepted(const bool bWasSuccess, const int32 ControllerId, TSharedPtr< FUniqueNetId > UserId, const FOnlineSessionSearchResult & InviteResult)

I will try to make it work for 4.8.
          Would it be possible for you to put the plugin source on Github?, then maybe i can put my changes on a 4.8 branch.
          "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

I'll probably do it today over lunch, its about a 10 minute change and I went back and looked at the last commit and it isn't actually very likely that they are changing it any more on 4.8.

*Edit* 4.8 version is up, BP output on the OnSessionInviteAccepted BP Event changed as the delegate passes the inviting UniqueNetId now in 4.8 and that seemed useful to have.
            Last edited by mordentral; 06-01-2015, 10:43 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you so much for being so fast at updating this.

Comment

Hey, thanks again for this awesome plugin. I managed to get a Server Broswer, hosting, Joining, quick play, etc. to my game but there are still some questions I got where I don't know how to manage this.

Currently everyone joins the Lobby of some Hosted Session, The Host decides to Start the game and everyone starts playing. But as soon as the game starts I want the Session not to be visible for anyone searching for a new game. How is this possible?
                As far as I have seen I can't change Session Properties while the Session is running.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                  Hey, thanks again for this awesome plugin. I managed to get a Server Broswer, hosting, Joining, quick play, etc. to my game but there are still some questions I got where I don't know how to manage this.

Currently everyone joins the Lobby of some Hosted Session, The Host decides to Start the game and everyone starts playing. But as soon as the game starts I want the Session not to be visible for anyone searching for a new game. How is this possible?
                  As far as I have seen I can't change Session Properties while the Session is running.
                  Whoops! I had that one being worked on and totally forgot about it.

The function below handles that, I'll work it in tomorrow and update the plugin. I had planned to have it in already but I guess it got buried in the friends interface work.
                  Code:
                  virtual bool UpdateSession(FName SessionName, FOnlineSessionSettings& UpdatedSessionSettings, bool bShouldRefreshOnlineData = true) = 0;

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Whoops! I had that one being worked on and totally forgot about it.

The function below handles that, I'll work it in tomorrow and update the plugin. I had planned to have it in already but I guess it got buried in the friends interface work.
                    Code:
                    virtual bool UpdateSession(FName SessionName, FOnlineSessionSettings& UpdatedSessionSettings, bool bShouldRefreshOnlineData = true) = 0;
                    Awesome! Thanks a lot

Comment

The UpdateSession function is added into both of the new downloads.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

The UpdateSession function is added into both of the new downloads.
                        Perfect

Comment

Hmm not quite sure but there might be a Problem with the new node.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Session.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1079592

Build this up for testing purpose, but all is does is print "Session did maybe something", but no Success or Failure
                          Attached Files

Comment

Make sure you actually hosted a session first, also it appears that play in editor window doesn't register the session with the backend. If you run as a standalone window it should work fine.

I did add a new check to throw OnFailure if the number of registered sessions is zero. I'll upload that sometime today.

*Edit* Uploaded
                            Last edited by mordentral; 06-09-2015, 01:27 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah okay, yeah the Problem was relating to the Editor Window.

Ist the 4.8 version for the preview or have you already updated it to the full release? When I try to convert my Project with the 4.8 Version of this Plugin from my 4.7 Version I get an Error.

Code:
                              [22/23] Link UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.dll
                                 Creating library C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectX\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.lib and object C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectX\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate/Build/Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.exp
                              -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
                              ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProjectX\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-ProjectX.exp
                              Total build time: 100,61 seconds
                              Not really a programmer so I have no idea if its a Problem on my side or the plugins side.
                              Last edited by Nobody; 06-12-2015, 04:42 AM.

Comment

I just copied my 4.8 version over to a project I converted from 4.7 today and it worked right away. Delete the intermediate and binary folders in the plugin folder and try again.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X