No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW guys, for those having problems, Yun-Kun's tutorial was a huge help in getting some of this stuff working.

I was also able to get Steam join/hosting working by setting up a separate Steam account and hosting/joining from two separate accounts.

[MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] - I noticed that if you enable voice without a microphone connected, it will crash the engine. I think it's probably an engine bug though.
    Last edited by n00854180t; 04-14-2016, 02:39 PM.
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
      BTW guys, for those having problems, Yun-Kun's tutorial was a huge help in getting some of this stuff working.

I was also able to get Steam join/hosting working by setting up a separate Steam account and hosting/joining from two separate accounts.
      [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] - I noticed that if you enable voice without a microphone connected, it will crash the engine. I think it's probably an engine bug though.
      You probably want to use the "Is Headset Present" node first with that, but yeah the engine shouldn't crash entirely it is definitely an engine bug.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah well the problem I had was that it crashed on startup, before even hitting play or anything.
        Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Welp...that sounds like an issue, hope it is fixed soon.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...g-project.html

Looks like it is already being reported.
          Last edited by mordentral; 04-14-2016, 02:50 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is it working in blueprint only projects in UE 4.11?
            Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
            Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
            Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

This does not find dedicated server sessions, they show up in steam server browser but Find Advanced Sessions node returns 0 results. No Firewall and all ports open.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                Is it working in blueprint only projects in UE 4.11?
                Yes? It has been for awhile, you still need a compiler though for packaging.

Originally posted by ChrisMackle View Post
                This does not find dedicated server sessions, they show up in steam server browser but Find Advanced Sessions node returns 0 results. No Firewall and all ports open.
                It can find dedicated sessions from what I understand, others have done it and I had to change some settings to get it to work for them. That being said I haven't tested it myself as I've never needed a dedicated server for a project yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                  It can find dedicated sessions from what I understand, others have done it and I had to change some settings to get it to work for them. That being said I haven't tested it myself as I've never needed a dedicated server for a project yet.
                  I tried it on a fresh project and it still cant find the dedicated server so in it's current state it can't find them. Do you know what settings were changed to make it work?

Comment

Yup I also could not do dedicated server with this plugin. But luckily for me we decided to go listen server only (during development) then maybe we add dedicated.

Comment

I tried it on a fresh project and it still cant find the dedicated server so in it's current state it can't find them. Do you know what settings were changed to make it work?
                      *Edit* Someone appears to have put up a Git with a modified version of my plugin that gets dedicated servers working, he never reported in here so i'll download it and run a file diff and see what he changed.

*Re-edit, and it was a one IF change, wish he had just mentioned it here so I could have fixed it earlier
                      Last edited by mordentral; 04-19-2016, 09:13 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok, when I moved to server sided filtering I accidentally defaulted to search for presence enabled sessions so it didn't work with dedicated servers. I've added an enum for searching for servers that will turn off/on searching with presence enabled as is appropriate to what you want to do.

AllServers : Find all servers
                        ClientServersOnly : Find all servers that are hosted with presence enabled
                        DedicatedServersOnly : Find all servers that are hosted without presence enabled

I'll patch it and release a new build with that fixed, let me know if it works for you then, specifically the "All servers" enum. I can't test with dedicated but I want to know if that actually pulls all results or just the dedicated.

*Edit* ?Fixed? Version uploaded
                        Last edited by mordentral; 04-19-2016, 10:44 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok, when I moved to server sided filtering I accidentally defaulted to search for presence enabled sessions so it didn't work with dedicated servers. I've added an enum for searching for servers that will turn off/on searching with presence enabled as is appropriate to what you want to do.

AllServers : Find all servers
                          ClientServersOnly : Find all servers that are hosted with presence enabled
                          DedicatedServersOnly : Find all servers that are hosted without presence enabled

I'll patch it and release a new build with that fixed, let me know if it works for you then, specifically the "All servers" enum. I can't test with dedicated but I want to know if that actually pulls all results or just the dedicated.

*Edit* ?Fixed? Version uploaded
                          Ok I tried all the options and it still wont find a dedicated server, "allservers" and "dedicatedserversonly" dont find anything at all, only "ClientServersOnly" actually finds anything.
                          *Edit* Il check build ID's of the server and client tomorrow if I have time incase thats also part of the issue
                          Last edited by Cryptexxx; 04-21-2016, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Ok I tried all the options and it still wont find a dedicated server, "allservers" and "dedicatedserversonly" dont find anything at all, only "ClientServersOnly" actually finds anything.
                            *Edit* Il check build ID's of the server and client tomorrow if I have time incase thats also part of the issue
                            Ok, All servers setting I was unsure about working with steam, that is unfortunate that it doesn't behave logically. It's getting to the point where I might have to just compile a dedicated build myself and figure out the solution as I can't be entirely sure what is my plugin and what is other peoples implementations. I'll take another look at it today.

*Edit* I set it to no longer set the SEARCH_PRESENCE var at all for dedicated servers now (instead of setting it to false), removed the All_Servers enum option and have re-uploaded, this version Should work?
                            Last edited by mordentral; 04-21-2016, 02:42 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok, All servers setting I was unsure about working with steam, that is unfortunate that it doesn't behave logically. It's getting to the point where I might have to just compile a dedicated build myself and figure out the solution as I can't be entirely sure what is my plugin and what is other peoples implementations. I'll take another look at it today.

*Edit* I set it to no longer set the SEARCH_PRESENCE var at all for dedicated servers now (instead of setting it to false), removed the All_Servers enum option and have re-uploaded, this version Should work?
                              Just tried, still no luck Client Servers is fine dedicated still returns nothing

Could just be an issue my end its impossible to tell
                              Last edited by Cryptexxx; 04-22-2016, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Just tried, still no luck Client Servers is fine dedicated still returns nothing

Could just be an issue my end its impossible to tell
                                I'll just end up compiling a dedicated server to test, the current join node is the exact same functionality as the one that was "fixed" for the one guys personal use and I can't be sure what your problem is at this point.

Honestly with how many issues dedicated servers have for people in general (outside of the plugin) I should have done it awhile ago and tried to simplify things for people.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X