Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    If you ever add code to the project you will have to add the advanced sessions plugin to your Build.cs so that it can reference it. If you remain as blueprint only then you can just add the following to the top of your defaultengine.ini and it will work:

*Keep in mind that if you want to PACKAGE your project (and you will) you will need a compiler installed anyway with UE4 because it will recompile the plugin.

Code:
    [Voice] 
    bEnabled=true

[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
    +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver2",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")
    +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")

[OnlineSubsystem]
    bHasVoiceEnabled=true
    DefaultPlatformService=Steam

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
    bEnabled=true
    SteamDevAppId=480
    Yea thats my plan to read the documentation this week, I'm seeing there is much more to learn.

I added code to my project, in the build.cs do I put the AdvancedSessions plugin like this?

Code:
     PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { 

"AdvancedSessions"
     });

Comment

I run exactly into the same issue as GotSomePills did.
      When creating a custom GameInstance class beeing derived from UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance, i get the following compile error:
      Code:
      Cannot open include file: 'OnlineSubSystemHeader.h': No such file or directory
      Steps to reproduce:
      1. Create Plugins folder under project root - unzip AdvancedSessions plugin to the location.
      2. Add AdvancedSessions directive to the project's build.cs
      3. Generate VS project / Regenerate project files.
      4. Create custom GameInstance class.

MyGame.Build.cs :
      Code:
      using UnrealBuildTool;

public class MyGame : ModuleRules
      {
      	public MyGame(TargetInfo Target)
      	{
              PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "AdvancedSessions" });
              PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Slate", "SlateCore" });
          }
      }
      MyGameGameInstance.h:
      Code:
      #pragma once

#include "Engine/GameInstance.h"
      #include "AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.h"
      #include "MyGameGameInstance.generated.h"

/**
       */

UCLASS()
      class MYGAME_API UMyGameGameInstance : public UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance 
      {

GENERATED_BODY()

public:

UMyGameGameInstance(FObjectInitializer const & ObjectInitializerRef);

};
      Anyone who ran into this too?

Specs: UE 4.10.4 - VS 2015 Community - Win10
      Last edited by JACKSONMEISTER; 03-28-2016, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, I had a header file in the Private folder that should have been in classes, thats why it couldn't find it when including, the private folder isn't accessible through referencing a module.

I'll upload an update that fixes this, been awhile since I tested C++ game instances for this plugin as it is mostly BP use intended.

Keep in mind that your constructor definition will need to pass the object initializer to my game instance as well after the fix:
        Code:
        UCLASS()
        class UNewGameInstance : public UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance
        {

GENERATED_BODY()

public:

UNewGameInstance(FObjectInitializer const & ObjectInitializerRef) : Super(ObjectInitializerRef)
        	{
        	}

};

*Edit* Uploaded, also did a quick check through and moved a couple of other header files as well.
        Last edited by mordentral; 03-28-2016, 08:54 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Issue resolved, thank you so much mordentral!

Comment

I the process of updating to 4.11, only one very minor change was required to the plugin however my test project for it was completely broken due to a change in how shaders are handled with the engine.

Once I fix the test project and go over the plugin change I made I will compile and upload.

*Edit* Uploaded
            Last edited by mordentral; 03-31-2016, 04:06 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I have installed the plugin but it tells me "Missing or incompatible modules in AdvancesSessions plugin" when i try to restart my 4.11 project. Can you help me to resolve it? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tueurdudimanche View Post
                I have installed the plugin but it tells me "Missing or incompatible modules in AdvancesSessions plugin" when i try to restart my 4.11 project. Can you help me to resolve it? Thanks!
                I've never seen that message, are you on a BP only project and do you have a compiler installed at all?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi mordentral, first off I would like to thank you for this Plugin!
                  Trying to create and find a Session I faced some problems. I can't find any Session I created.
                  I am using the Engine Version 4.10.4.
                  If I search for Sessions it always gives me "0 Sessions found".. and I don't know why. I am testing this with another Computer of a friend of mine.

Creating a Session:

Searching for Sessions:

I would love to know where the mistake is I made.
                  Thanks in advance!

Schlumpf

Comment

Thanks for this plugin! Amazing work. However I am facing an issue. I am using 4.10.4, I have a small server list box, if I double click on the server it says Success, that means it connected, however it doesn't load the world, and if I check the player count it shows 0. If I double click again then it says failed, but still not working correctly. It works fine if I use the default Create Session. (not the plugin). What am I doing wrong? Also I didn't see a new Join Session node, I assume we can use the default one right?

EDIT: It was another problem after all. Fixed it.
                    Last edited by DjSt3rios; 04-06-2016, 08:07 AM. Reason: Problem Solved

Comment

Originally posted by dasschlumpf View Post
                      Hi mordentral, first off I would like to thank you for this Plugin!
                      Trying to create and find a Session I faced some problems. I can't find any Session I created.
                      I am using the Engine Version 4.10.4.
                      If I search for Sessions it always gives me "0 Sessions found".. and I don't know why. I am testing this with another Computer of a friend of mine.

I would love to know where the mistake is I made.
                      Thanks in advance!

Schlumpf
                      Just a quick glance at it you'll want to remove the "Dedicated server" check unless you are actually running it as a dedicated server build and you need to have "Use Presence" checked if it isn't a dedicated server as well. From what you are saying I get the feeling that you are just hosting as a client (also since you are passing in a player controller into the create session node).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi mordentral, thanks for the great plugin, its be quite helpful.

I've been trying to set up voice chat and I've come across a problem, nothing happens.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	afde69bdd5.png
Views:	1
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1103931 Click image for larger version

Name:	3c9af4bc90.png
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	1103933 Click image for larger version

Name:	0d6ef190c6.png
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1103932

This is my current set up. Am I missing something or doing anything wrong?

Comment

Check the log for errors, also you don't need to "register all local talkers" unless you've unregistered them and make sure that you have an actual session running.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Where would I find the log? Should this work in editor? I've tested both the editor and a packaged version and it's not doing anything for me. I feel like I'm missing something

Comment

Hi Mordentral, i've sent you a PM but i'm not sure if you've seen it or not, just wondering if there are any terms of use regarding commercial projects with this plugin? Also, finally got it working on 4.11, i'm guessing there was just something catastrophically wrong with my source build of 4.8.3

Comment

Originally posted by sgtfluffybutt View Post
                                Where would I find the log? Should this work in editor? I've tested both the editor and a packaged version and it's not doing anything for me. I feel like I'm missing something
                                Check "View output log" in the editor, it displays any warnings there.

Originally posted by GotSomePills View Post
                                Hi Mordentral, i've sent you a PM but i'm not sure if you've seen it or not, just wondering if there are any terms of use regarding commercial projects with this plugin? Also, finally got it working on 4.11, i'm guessing there was just something catastrophically wrong with my source build of 4.8.3
                                There is no attached license at all, consider it public domain. There have already been some things released on steam that used it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X