Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    So.... I can check if 'MyGameName' is EQUAL to 'SomeValue', but... what do I do to handle this situation:
    Host makes games with MyGameName' set to 'someveryveryverylonggamename'.
    Client filters for 'MyGameName' to 'gamename'. Since the name does not EQUAL someveryveryverylonggamename, it wont trigger?
    Sooo. how do I make it that the 'equal' comparison is changed to a 'in string' comparison? So if you filter on 'gamename' you will get 'someveryveryverylonggamename' in the results?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NVM: I got it working

Click image for larger version

Name:	filter.png
Views:	69
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1679322

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know how to use the 'filter' node in the find sessions? What can I filter on: my own variables that I set earlier? Or?

Here is what I do: I add 'MyServerName' to the sessions 'extra settings', I can read the extra settings from the sessions I found, but after the list is complete. So, filtering it then would reduce the list to below the 'max results' requirement...? so its a dirty workaround.

How can I use filter to get only sessions that have 'MyServerName' set to 'whatever', and still get the 'max results'? Click image for larger version

Name:	SettingMyServerName.png
Views:	67
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	1679314

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Test that in "Stand-Alone" launch or in a packaged exe, the PIE session that it automatically creates gets in the way here.
    Thank you, that got it working! And thank you for such an amazingly fast and supportive response.

Has anyone figured out how to get this working in PIE, perhaps a workaround or hack? I have a few other team members (mainly doing UI work) who won't be very impressed with me if I tell them they can't use PIE for our match lobby

I wonder if the followup "UPDATE" at the end of this post is relevant
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-sessions.html

But I can't quite wrap my head around why it is the solution.... if it was, I'm guessing I'd need to hack around with the plugin source to pass WorldContext into the GetSessionSettings function. Also I can't see any interface methods for Online::GetSessionInterface(World) that take a UWorld argument, so maybe that's not a thing any more.... or quite possibly I'm just blind

Cheers
    Last edited by PhoenixSmurf; 10-28-2019, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I already replied to you on this, but go find where you are calling GetPlayerName at and don't call it with dead (invalid) player controller references. I don't know how you have your stuff setup but you must be storing player references and not removing them when the player leaves the server.

For that matter, I don't know why this would be on tick in the first place.
    Yeap...alright fix it. tks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Demonrras View Post
    When I only use join (logs after first red line) and destroy session nodes (after second red line)...my dedicated server make some strange msg like image below. When a player close the game...the server keep saying the msgs in yellow in console...Any tip to upgrade this???
    I already replied to you on this, but go find where you are calling GetPlayerName at and don't call it with dead (invalid) player controller references. I don't know how you have your stuff setup but you must be storing player references and not removing them when the player leaves the server.

For that matter, I don't know why this would be on tick in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PhoenixSmurf View Post
    Hi there,

I've just started using the plugin, first off, thank you for creating such an easy-to-get-started plugin!!

Precursor: I am using engine version 4.23.0 and the Null online subsystem (DefaultOnlineSubSystem=Null)

I am having a difficult time trying to GetSessionSettings working. It always returns OnFailure. I have tried using the node immediately after CreateAdvancedSession->OnSuccess to no avail. I've also tried putting a self-looping delay; reattempt and that has had no luck either.

From debugging the plugin's C++ source for GetSessionSettings, it successfully gets the SessionInterface, but fails on SessionInterface-GetSessionSettings(NAME_GameSession). This always returns nullptr.

This matches the log I am seeing "GetSessionSettings couldn't get the session settings!"

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers
    Test that in "Stand-Alone" launch or in a packaged exe, the PIE session that it automatically creates gets in the way here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there,

I've just started using the plugin, first off, thank you for creating such an easy-to-get-started plugin!!

Precursor: I am using engine version 4.23.0 and the Null online subsystem (DefaultOnlineSubSystem=Null)

I am having a difficult time trying to GetSessionSettings working. It always returns OnFailure. I have tried using the node immediately after CreateAdvancedSession->OnSuccess to no avail. I've also tried putting a self-looping delay; reattempt and that has had no luck either.

From debugging the plugin's C++ source for GetSessionSettings, it successfully gets the SessionInterface, but fails on SessionInterface-GetSessionSettings(NAME_GameSession). This always returns nullptr.

This matches the log I am seeing "GetSessionSettings couldn't get the session settings!"

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by PhoenixSmurf; 10-28-2019, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I only use join (logs after first red line) and destroy session nodes (after second red line)...my dedicated server make some strange msg like image below. When a player close the game...the server keep saying the msgs in yellow in console...Any tip to upgrade this???
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone know how to use this blueprints nodes of online context???
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, anyone else having issues with advanced sessions on the new 4.23.1 update? All of a sudden i can't get any steam info to pop up, like steam name and avatar image. I'm pretty sure it started after updating the unreal engine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How the server can kick player? Need to use what nodes to do this? Remove Player BP?
    Well you can follow a tutorial like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsyOITVdBt4 which is kind of trusting of the client....

There are also KickPlayer and BanPlayer functions in the game session class but I didn't want to provide an override of it just for those and they aren't exposed to blueprint in engine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How the server can kick player? Need to use what nodes to do this? Remove Player BP?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeliaXDemoN View Post

I forgot that I save the Session too and try reconnect and the player can't enter the game anymore.
    Are you using the steam authentication setup that Epic added recently? I could see it causing problems where if the client crashes that EndAuthSession is never called and it could possibly cause some issues on reload and trying to get another session ticket.

How correctly disconnect the player from the server...have any process to logoff the players that quit game server???

DestroySession is for the client as well as the server, Epic didn't exactly name it in the most coherent way, it is supposed to clear all active sessions and disconnect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How correctly disconnect the player from the server...have any process to logoff the players that quit game server???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X