Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey,Could you please tell me the reason why my session's state is LAN when I create a dedicated server as WAN mode?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, guys! So, I have a problem with Uniquenetid. In short, I have a dedicated server that I want to connect to from Android. When trying to connect, an error appears in the Logs: PreLogin failure: incompatible_unique_net_id. Of course I understand that I'm doing something wrong. But I can't solve the problem on my own. Could you help me solve this problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys ! I'm wondering something in the Create Advanced Session node. If i want Allow Join via Presence Friends Only set to true, do I have to let Allow Join Via Presence set to true or false ? Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VaultedSky View Post
    Hey mordentral!

I've seen this posted a few times in this thread, but I wanted to ask you a bit about the full servers not showing up on Steam search results.

As you have mentioned, Steam OSS doesn't return full servers. I've asked Epic about this on UDN and they say that shouldn't happen and the SDK isn't doing it.
    I saw you showed an engine edit for it to work on OSS Null in OnlineSubsystemNullInterface - tried it just in case it would affect Steam and it does not.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this? Thank you.
    They use "RequestLobbyList" for the steam API call to get the list of lobbies, which has this unfortunate text tagged to it in the Steam SDK documentation:

Its not Steam OSS's fault, its Steam SDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey mordentral!

I've seen this posted a few times in this thread, but I wanted to ask you a bit about the full servers not showing up on Steam search results.

As you have mentioned, Steam OSS doesn't return full servers. I've asked Epic about this on UDN and they say that shouldn't happen and the SDK isn't doing it.
    I saw you showed an engine edit for it to work on OSS Null in OnlineSubsystemNullInterface - tried it just in case it would affect Steam and it does not.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I was going to host a dedicated server,although I choose the WAN mode,it still show in the LAN server list

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

The example project is steam by default, but that requiresnot only running the steam client but also making sure that you are on the same download region (as the sample AppID is region locked). Yeah you can post to the VR plugins thread though for further stuff regarding it.
    alright then, thanks for the heads up.. imma take another look at the system and if I still wasn't able to solve the issue I'll hit you up on the other thread if that makes things easier,
    Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
    Hey Mordentral, not sure if I should be posting in the vr expansion thread or here, but this issue pertains to finding servers online.. I'm able to find and join hosted listen servers started in the Vr Expansion Example Project, however only in Lan or on the same Network.. Doesn't work online over the internet, is there a missing step? I figured it would work off the bat, but if it's Lan only and needs the Steam Subsystem setup I'll look into that.. Just wanted to confirm from your end it's not a different issue.

Thanks again
    The example project is steam by default, but that requiresnot only running the steam client but also making sure that you are on the same download region (as the sample AppID is region locked). Yeah you can post to the VR plugins thread though for further stuff regarding it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Mordentral, not sure if I should be posting in the vr expansion thread or here, but this issue pertains to finding servers online.. I'm able to find and join hosted listen servers started in the Vr Expansion Example Project, however only in Lan or on the same Network.. Doesn't work online over the internet, is there a missing step? I figured it would work off the bat, but if it's Lan only and needs the Steam Subsystem setup I'll look into that.. Just wanted to confirm from your end it's not a different issue.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CrowHeaven View Post
    Doesn't it support Steam Leadersboard anymore?
    ? You may be thinking of the other plugin that used a very similar name.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Doesn't it support Steam Leadersboard anymore?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DoubyBear View Post
    Could you please tell me how to debug the advanced voice?Need I to have two PC?
    OSS.VoiceLoopback Enables voice loopback
    1 Enabled. 0 Disabled.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you please tell me how to debug the advanced voice?Need I to have two PC?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey! I've been learning about this plugin using a tutorial by NiceShadow and I've reached the part where he begins creating a server list. Every time I try to find local sessions I get no results. I looked at my output log and whenever I try to find sessions I first get the warning:
    Code:
    LogOnline: Warning: OSS: Failed to send discovery broadcast SE_NO_ERROR.
    Any future attempts while still running the game results in a different warning:
    Code:
    LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: Ignoring game search request while one is pending
    I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I'm also getting a warning and error message pop up every second on my output that says:

Code:
    LogUdpMessaging: Initializing bridge on interface 0.0.0.0:0 to multicast group 230.0.0.1:6666.
    FUdpSocketBuilder: Failed to subscribe UdpMessageMulticastSocket to multicast group 230.0.0.1 on interface 0.0.0.0
    FUdpSocketBuilder: Failed to create and initialize socket UdpMessageMulticastSocket (last error: 0)
    LogUdpMessaging: Warning: StartTransport failed to create multicast socket on 0.0.0.0:0, joined to 230.0.0.1:6666 with TTL 1
    LogUdpMessaging: Warning: UDP messaging encountered an error. Auto repair routine started for reinitialization
    I've tried looking around for fixes and haven't found anything so far so figured I'd give posting here a shot. I've followed it exactly how he does it and even tested it on different engine version and even on his sample project without much luck so any help would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You'll have to pass it in as audio data to an audio component, look into the current voice systems and how they transcribe the bufffer.
    Thanks for answering me so quickly!But I just got trouble in that,do you have any idea?So thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X