Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Thanks a lot for this tutorial.
    Is there a way to access the volume of the push to talk in order to fade out the players that get far away ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pr Tesla View Post
      Hi, Thanks a lot for this tutorial.
      Is there a way to access the volume of the push to talk in order to fade out the players that get far away ?

Thanks
      There is no current built in way to do that in the engine with voice chat and they are overhauling the audio system so it would be a waste of effort to try and make one.

Right now the only real solution is a hard off/on.
      Last edited by mordentral; 02-19-2016, 04:37 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok thanks for your quick reply

Comment

Is this already compatible with 4.10.3? First post only states 4.10.2 as of now

Comment

I have one problem. When I'm using your plugin and trying to package project I get "Unknown Error". When I disable it everything is fine. I don't have any idea how to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronk View Post
              Is this already compatible with 4.10.3? First post only states 4.10.2 as of now
              I haven't tried it, but my guess is yes. So far I haven't had weird issues with any plugins in a patch release. Usually in major.minor.patch releases the changes don't break things. But I could be wrong.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
              Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post
                I haven't tried it, but my guess is yes. So far I haven't had weird issues with any plugins in a patch release. Usually in major.minor.patch releases the changes don't break things. But I could be wrong.
                I guessed so and it seems to be working just fine, but I haven't had much time to test it yet and do not know much about the internals of the plugin. Maybe someone else does know something that could go wrong? If not, I'm fine

Comment

Originally posted by Cronk View Post
                  I guessed so and it seems to be working just fine, but I haven't had much time to test it yet and do not know much about the internals of the plugin. Maybe someone else does know something that could go wrong? If not, I'm fine
                  I just rebuilt and uploaded it for 4.10.3, generally the subsystem backend doesn't change even in major engine patches (let alone hotfixes) so it should be fine. The only real issue is that if you are using a blueprint only project then it will not load the plugin as it was built for a different version (even if the code is the same).

If you have even a single c++ file in your project then it should just recompile for you and be fine and you won't even need to download version only updates.

Originally posted by kuboxus View Post
                  I have one problem. When I'm using your plugin and trying to package project I get "Unknown Error". When I disable it everything is fine. I don't have any idea how to make it work.
                  This is usually caused by you having the folder structure wrong, the plugin packages fine by itself (all of my projects have it just in case I want any of the features and I package them daily). Although if you don't have a compiler installed than it might have issues packaging the plugin as it compiles it for release.

Granted you shouldn't be getting an Unknown Error, it should be telling you the problem, do you have any text in your output log from packaging?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                    This is usually caused by you having the folder structure wrong, the plugin packages fine by itself (all of my projects have it just in case I want any of the features and I package them daily). Although if you don't have a compiler installed than it might have issues packaging the plugin as it compiles it for release.

Granted you shouldn't be getting an Unknown Error, it should be telling you the problem, do you have any text in your output log from packaging?
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Build: ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationUtils.Automation: You are attempting to compile on a machine that does not have a supported compiler!
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace: w AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InUseParallelExecutor, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Boolean InShowProgress, Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars)
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): w Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): w BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): w BuildCommand.Execute()
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): w AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): w AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): w AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): w AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): w AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_Unknown
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                    PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error

These are the last lines of output log.

Comment

Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationUtils.Automation: You are attempting to compile on a machine that does not have a supported compiler!
                      You need to install a compiler, even if you aren't using c++ for anything it is actually pretty core to the engine still when using plugins.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

There is no current built in way to do that in the engine with voice chat and they are overhauling the audio system so it would be a waste of effort to try and make one.

Right now the only real solution is a hard off/on.
                        BTW if you're interested in spatialized audio, I looked into it and basically it needs two things right now: one is changing AllowSpatialization flag to true in the voice chat's code for creating the audiocomponent, and then setting it up so that the audiocomponent can get the transform of the player when needed for the spatialization.
                        Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

You need to install a compiler, even if you aren't using c++ for anything it is actually pretty core to the engine still when using plugins.
                          I have Visual Studio installed, do I need to set something up to make it work with UE? Or do I need to install different program?

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                            BTW if you're interested in spatialized audio, I looked into it and basically it needs two things right now: one is changing AllowSpatialization flag to true in the voice chat's code for creating the audiocomponent, and then setting it up so that the audiocomponent can get the transform of the player when needed for the spatialization.
                            I was about to say how altering the code for base voice modules isn't exactly plugin compatible (it isn't) but I had an idea mid typing. Its not the cleanest thing ever but I might be able to hack together something that forces access to the audio component, we'll see if it pans out. *Edit* Scratch that, all of the voice engine implementations are linked privately in their modules, they are not plugin accessible. It would be wayyyyy too wonky to get it working at this point.

I have Visual Studio installed, do I need to set something up to make it work with UE? Or do I need to install different program?
                            4.10 and up require Visual Studio 2015 now to compile.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 02-23-2016, 11:31 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

First thanks for an awesome Plugin.

I am having a lot of problems trying to get dedicated server to work with Steam. Right now the dedicated server shows up in steam's server browser but Advanced Find Server node cant find the server at all. The only warning I am getting from the logs is that "session callback player state not found". However I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help with this or verify that they got dedicated servers to work with Steam? I am using presence false and dedicated true.

Comment

If you have VS2015 installed you may need to modify the install to include all the things it needs. I can't remember the names of what all needs to be installed... C++ components? A google search should answer that.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                                Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Working...
                                X