No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are getting the session flags overflow without passing anything in to "Extra Settings"? That is caused when the server settings string that is passed to Steam is longer than the 2048 character limit. I don't believe that the default is ever anywhere near that high, it should require some custom settings being passed in to overflow that, if it reaches the cap it stops adding keys to the settings string.

Is your SS the exact setup you used or do you actually pass in extra settings as well?

Also sorry, I looked back and I had a post that said "Check Presence", I meant "Un-check Presence" (edited the post so that others wouldn't get confused), it isn't compatible with dedicated servers, that was my bad not checking my post closely enough.
    Last edited by mordentral; 02-12-2016, 09:44 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok so unchecking presence works to allow the server to run. I don't pass any extra settings. That screens hot was the way it was when I got those warnings yesminus the fact use presence was off. Couldn't find session. And ports are forwarded.
      Last edited by Vindomire; 02-12-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

And your dedicated is on a different computer from the one you are trying to find it from? It cannot be the same computer.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yes. My other computer is a server setup with windows 2008 r2 and a basic gfx card that can't run games. But runs dedicated servers fine.

Comment

im going to start a basic first person example and do some testing, make sure it isnt my project.

Comment

Same Problem on Fresh Project.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	936791a3fc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1100436

find session:

Name:	5548b327d4.png
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	1100437

Create Session:

Name:	e189951959.png
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1100438

Server Output:

Name:	a9a8076e45.png
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1100439

odd thing about the output is i didnt think the server created a player. but apparently it did and then tried to find a session lol...

Comment

completely removed steam, rebuilt the account architecture from teh ground up and the dedi/client relationship works as intended... thanks for your help but maybe i need to leave steam out of the equation until dedis are properly supported.

Comment

Ok I have a question. I am running UE version 4.10.0 with FleX Integration. After extracting the files (version 4.10.2) to the appropriate location, I tried to load up my project. At 70% it gave me an error. Will this version not work with my UE4 version?

Name:	Blah.png
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1100522

Comment

Originally posted by MemnochGRI View Post
                    Ok I have a question. I am running UE version 4.10.0 with FleX Integration. After extracting the files (version 4.10.2) to the appropriate location, I tried to load up my project. At 70% it gave me an error. Will this version not work with my UE4 version?
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]78636[/ATTACH]
                    Do you not have a compiler installed? Custom versions of the engine need a compiler installed in order to re-compile the plugin for that version on load.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I have visual studio 2013 installed (I think that's the version, I'm currently at work). Not trying to sound completely unfamiliar with programming, but it's been some time since I've done any actual c++ coding :/

Comment

Unless you're speaking of a different compiler

Comment

Unless you're speaking of a different compiler
                          4.10 requires VS 2015 now.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Well darn, I missed that part >.< Thanks for the info mordentral! Will give that a go and see what I get. Thanks again.

Comment

Hey there, sorry to bother you guys again, but I had a question again about the Plugin. I installed VS2015 with all the features, but when I went to load my project I got the same error again.
                              Do I need to rebuild my engine (4.10.0 with flex integration) in order for it to work? I appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey there, sorry to bother you guys again, but I had a question again about the Plugin. I installed VS2015 with all the features, but when I went to load my project I got the same error again.
                                Do I need to rebuild my engine (4.10.0 with flex integration) in order for it to work? I appreciate any help and thanks in advance.
                                It "should" recompile by itself with everything working. But the project can't be pure blueprint to recompile a plugin. If you add an empty c++ class from the editor menu it should work then.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X