Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, love it... could have used this 2 days ago
    Great tool for those not able to get their hands dirty in C++.
    Well done sir.
    Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Added a "Find Sessions Advanced" that accepts an array of search parameters to filter the results by. Have been trying to mostly re-use Epics structures and enums so some things end up a little more complicated then they could be otherwise. Going to include a seperate filtering system for full result array's later and probably clean it up more.
      Last edited by mordentral; 05-18-2015, 07:07 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

can you or i can make a tutorial on it ? there's no tutorial from scratch how to make an OSS using only Blueprint,the twitch streams were just showcasing it xD

Comment

Uploaded a newer version today.

Advanced Sessions
          • Cleaned up the sessions functions more
          • Added a seperate SessionResults Filter function (can keep full session results array's and get filtered copies as needed instead of searching all over again).

Started implementing AdvancedFriends support
          • Added a GameInstance base class that can be derived from in blueprints, adds support for joining through friend invites. (Will do more in the future)
          • Added a BlueprintInterface library that can be referenced by playercontroller blueprints and will call the new "OnSessionInviteAccepted" event in the player controller when the GameInstance gets one for that player controller. (Will also do more in the future, checking for compatible playercontrollers can be turned off with a boolean in the base GameInstance).
          • Added a GetAndStoreFriendsList blueprint function that retrieves the friends list from the onlinesubsystem. (I was going to just link to DJLectr0's implementation but it appears to be abandoned and outdated so I remade it.
          • Added a GetStoredFriendsList blueprint function that retrieves the list that was already stored (don't have to query the OnlineSubsystem for it).

Originally posted by sunnyxyed View Post
          can you or i can make a tutorial on it ? there's no tutorial from scratch how to make an OSS using only Blueprint,the twitch streams were just showcasing it xD
          Honestly I'm probably going to end up having to make tutorial videos or something on how to use the library, it's starting to get complicated. Not really my type of thing to handle but writing up text documentation isn't likely to cut it at this point for something based on visual programming.

That being said, Epic had a good overview of the base Blueprint session interface in a networking stream. It is up on their youtube somewhere and goes over creating / joining sessions.
          Last edited by mordentral; 05-20-2015, 03:21 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Awesome stuff!

Comment

@mordentral: Nice job on this plugin ... thank you for this ... going to give it a whirl tonight. 8-}
              Quinton Delpeche
              Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Oh you already started adding friends support? dude you are awesome xD

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                  Oh you already started adding friends support? dude you are awesome xD
                  Have a significant portion of the friends functionality integrated now. Probably going to finish it totally or at least 75% before throwing another update on here.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Uploaded a new version today, feature complete as far as I can tell at the moment regarding the average use case (Steam), ran into quite a few OnlineSubsystemInterface features that are ignored for the SteamInterface (matchmaking and friends addition/deletion included, as well as some things like OnInvitedToSession events).

Back to playing with it instead of making it now I guess.
                    • Includes lots of new friends functions
                    • A few new session functions, optimized the old ones where possible
                    • Finalized blueprint function signatures (hopefully)
                    • A blueprint example with use cases and labeled functions for everything that the plugin adds.
                    Last edited by mordentral; 05-28-2015, 03:16 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Great work Mordentral!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Rama
                      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

when i try to compile i get lots of missing ";" before identifier and illegal member errors.

edit:
                        Error 11 error : Failed to produce item: D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.exp D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR
                        Error 7 error C2039: 'AddOnSessionInviteAcceptedDelegate_Handle' : is not a member of 'IOnlineSession' D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 50
                        Error 6 error C2039: 'ClearOnSessionInviteAcceptedDelegate_Handle' : is not a member of 'IOnlineSession' D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 27
                        Error 8 error C2065: 'SessionInviteAcceptedDelegate' : undeclared identifier D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 50
                        Error 1 error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'SessionInviteAcceptedDelegate' D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.h 40
                        Error 9 error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'SessionInviteAcceptedDelegate' D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.h 40
                        Error 5 error C2614: 'UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance' : illegal member initialization: 'SessionInviteAcceptedDelegate' is not a base or member D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 12
                        Error 3 error C2653: 'FOnSessionInviteAcceptedDelegate' : is not a class or namespace name D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 10
                        Error 4 error C3861: 'CreateUObject': identifier not found D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 10
                        Error 2 error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.h 40
                        Error 10 error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int D:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Classes\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.h 40
                        Last edited by Nyhaalm; 05-31-2015, 11:16 AM.
                        "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." Arnold Schwarzenegger
                        Unreal Engine Developers Denmark
                        My Blog/Website: http://CrazyToby.com

Comment

i fixed most of it by renaming adding User in all the delegates in the game instance(i guess i'm using a newer version that you?, i'm using the release branch from github so maybe they renamed the delegated). But the SessionInviteAcceptedDelegate in the constructor has errors (the arguments isn't right).

4 IntelliSense: no instance of overloaded function "TBaseDelegate<void, ParamTypes...>::CreateUObject [with ParamTypes=<const bool, const int32, TSharedPtr<FUniqueNetId, ESPMode::NotThreadSafe>, const FOnlineSessionSearchResult &>]" matches the argument list argument types are: (UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance *, void (UAdvancedFriendsGameInstance::*)(int32 LocalPlayer, bool bWasSuccessful, const FOnlineSessionSearchResult &SessionToJoin)) d:\Users\Tobias\Documents\Unreal Projects\TheSurvivalGames\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 10

Last edited by Nyhaalm; 05-31-2015, 12:15 PM.
                          "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

This plugin compiles and runs fine off the the 4.7.6 version on the unreal launcher download, I also went and checked out the interface on github for 4.7 under release and it still uses the definitions that I am using. Are you sure that you aren't on an older release than 4.7? They re-did the handles for the sessions delegates in 4.7 and the code hasn't had a committed change on there for 2 months, something to notice is that the sessions and friends interfaces uses different delegate declarations, they appear to be halfway through re-factoring how they handle them so it would make sense if you are using 4.6 by mistake and throwing errors.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

i'm using 4.8

Comment

Working...
                              X