No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiling the plugin for 4.10, there appears to be massive problems with batch building and running more than one build type after each other with Visual Studio 2015 so it's taking awhile as I have to clean the binaries after each compile.

*Edit* 4.10 download is up
    Last edited by mordentral; 11-11-2015, 02:14 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
      Compiling the plugin for 4.10, there appears to be massive problems with batch building and running more than one build type after each other with Visual Studio 2015 so it's taking awhile as I have to clean the binaries after each compile.

*Edit* 4.10 download is up
      Awesome, thanks.
      Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Hey, yeah I had just re downloaded your plugin for 4.8 and it works very well ping's still 9999 but that's a separate problem thanks for the plugin, it's saving me a lot of time!
        Follow my company Fat Bomb Studios on II Twitter Facebook Twitch II

Comment

wow, first time i will use a plugin, was expecting to make game in blueprint only but it seem we cant do it yet, very nice job because now its probably possible

Comment

the node "Get Session Settings" always execute 'On failure' pin

any idea how to fix this?

Comment

the 'On failure' pin of node "Get Session Settings" always fire inside editor

if i try in standalone it work and fire 'On success' as intended !

Comment

Originally posted by skeleton60 View Post
                the 'On failure' pin of node "Get Session Settings" always fire inside editor

if i try in standalone it work and fire 'On success' as intended !
                This is the correct behavior, when running non standalone with the editor ue4 makes its own session so that you can run clients on the editor. Get session settings only works with sessions hosted by the interface as it looks it up by name.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for explanation having so much fun doing blueprint things with your advanced session plugin !

Comment

is this a bug when i try to update session public connections ?

i try to update session in order to change 'Public Connections' value of the session.

When i request the "Get Max Players" and the "Get Current Players" the max is correct, but the current is wrong it always give me "max public connection value - 1" any idea why?

when i first create my session, lets say with 10 in 'Public Connections' a client can search for sessions and he will find 1/10 players connected

but if the server update the 'Public Connections' to 12 things goes wrong, now client search for sessions and they found 11/12 players connected

am stuck on this since yesterday, no idea why 'Get current players' always return me wrong value when i update sessions

edit:
                    A solution would be to add a new extra settings like 'currentplayer' as int, and server will update it with "UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::GetNumberOfNetworkPlayers" value then the client will have the correct current player numbers when searching for a server information using this extra settings

but it wont fix the wrong value returned by 'Get Current Players' and i think it may cause unexpected behavior in the futur like only 1 client would connect because the max public connection will be reach since the session think there already 'max-1' players connected
                    Last edited by skeleton60; 11-22-2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, any ideas why project try to load v132 and fail to find files on build instead of v135
                      Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.22-17.31.12:485][ 0]LogOnlineisplay: STEAM: Loading Steam SDK 1.32

ive changed v132 to v135 in Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Steamworks\Steamworks.build.cs

Comment

Originally posted by skeleton60 View Post
                        is this a bug when i try to update session public connections ?

i try to update session in order to change 'Public Connections' value of the session.

When i request the "Get Max Players" and the "Get Current Players" the max is correct, but the current is wrong it always give me "max public connection value - 1" any idea why?

when i first create my session, lets say with 10 in 'Public Connections' a client can search for sessions and he will find 1/10 players connected

but if the server update the 'Public Connections' to 12 things goes wrong, now client search for sessions and they found 11/12 players connected

am stuck on this since yesterday, no idea why 'Get current players' always return me wrong value when i update sessions

edit:
                        A solution would be to add a new extra settings like 'currentplayer' as int, and server will update it with "UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::GetNumberOfNetworkPlayers" value then the client will have the correct current player numbers when searching for a server information using this extra settings

but it wont fix the wrong value returned by 'Get Current Players' and i think it may cause unexpected behavior in the futur like only 1 client would connect because the max public connection will be reach since the session think there already 'max-1' players connected

I'll need to check on something on Monday, I may be able to fix it. Update sessions might be missing a variable passed in.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                          Hey guys, any ideas why project try to load v132 and fail to find files on build instead of v135
                          Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.22-17.31.12:485][ 0]LogOnlineisplay: STEAM: Loading Steam SDK 1.32

ive changed v132 to v135 in Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Steamworks\Steamworks.build.cs
                          There are multiple locations for that build.cs if I remember correctly. I had a different steamworks build working for awhile and then it got to be a PITA to manage so I've just used UE4's shipped version ever since they started fully packaging it in.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'll need to check on something on Monday, I may be able to fix it. Update sessions might be missing a variable passed in.
                            Ok, rewrote part of the update sessions function to pass in the old sessions settings and modify it instead of re-creating the entire structure, this way if it is passing data post creation it will keep it intact in the structure.

Let me know if that helps, it should be more robust anyway. Not entirely sure why I had it the other way, this makes more sense, must have been a brain fart.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok, rewrote part of the update sessions function to pass in the old sessions settings and modify it instead of re-creating the entire structure, this way if it is passing data post creation it will keep it intact in the structure.

Let me know if that helps, it should be more robust anyway. Not entirely sure why I had it the other way, this makes more sense, must have been a brain fart.
                              Thanks i will try this and tell you if it fixed my problem

edit: i hadnt time to test it correctly yet i have to test it with more time another day
                              Last edited by skeleton60; 11-23-2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Well finally i had time today to test it

the problem that i described is still here (i downloaded the plugin here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c...ew?usp=sharing) is that the last version?

do you need more information (like step to reproduce) or you have already an idea on whats going on?
                                Last edited by skeleton60; 11-23-2015, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X