Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LatFoued View Post
    Hello mordentral,

First of all, thanks for the amazing utility and work that went in to the plugin

Now, I am trying to have the loading of avatars a smooth process and I just saw after testing that (as described in the tooltip of the function) avatars aren't always ready when requested. So, I saw that you had a section in your function for an Async return, but nothing is implemented there. I was thinking of having my own setup for an async loading with a delegate but wanted to know if you had any pointers for me seeing that you have more experience with Steamworks.

Thank you
    You would have to bind to the "AvatarImageLoaded_t" callback in the steam API and translate the CSteamID into a FSteamUniqueNetID for comparison. There wasn't a good place to put a callback like that without forcing the use of a manager or class on the end user so I left it up for manual polling where it will return AsyncLoading if the image isn't ready yet. I didn't want it to be an actual latent node as people looping over it for a large list could cause issues then.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlow3k View Post
      Thanks a lot. I thought like many BP nodes with targets it will use self as default. But you are right! thank you!
      Warning or error message on compile would be nice of ue4 editor. Seems to make no sense to plug nothing into it.
      There is a large list of player states, and you aren't calling that from a player state anyway so a "self" reference wouldn't make much sense there regardless.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You would have to bind to the "AvatarImageLoaded_t" callback in the steam API and translate the CSteamID into a FSteamUniqueNetID for comparison. There wasn't a good place to put a callback like that without forcing the use of a manager or class on the end user so I left it up for manual polling where it will return AsyncLoading if the image isn't ready yet. I didn't want it to be an actual latent node as people looping over it for a large list could cause issues then.
        Thanks, I think I'll build some sort of Async loader for them in combination with your function.

On another note, have you experienced problems using Steam's DRM with the plugin or Multiplayer? I get the error "Executables with a TLS callback can only be wrapped in compatibility mode"

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
          .. you aren't calling that from a player state anyway so a "self" reference wouldn't make much sense there regardless.
          In my example it was simply called in player state. So, here the "self" reference work of course. Which also was my solution, to plug self reference into it.

Next Game: Regain Earth: First Strike - A co-op multiplayer Action Shooter Game. Website TwitterYouTube RedditSteam

Comment

Any chance of getting a "ping" before being in the same session? There is a BP node to get a ping from a session, but it retrieves 9999.
            Anyone get it run to get pings from servers to list pings beside the available server list?
            Using steam as online subsystem
            Next Game: Regain Earth: First Strike - A co-op multiplayer Action Shooter Game. Website TwitterYouTube RedditSteam

Comment

Any chance of getting a "ping" before being in the same session? There is a BP node to get a ping from a session, but it retrieves 9999.
              Anyone get it run to get pings from servers to list pings beside the available server list?
              Implement the steam online authentication setup and you should have lobby ping

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...eam/index.html

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi when i package my project i cant start my game if I disable the plugins it works but only in version 4.25 please helpn btw it works in PIE

Comment

Originally posted by Skiddybison5924 View Post
                  Hi when i package my project i cant start my game if I disable the plugins it works but only in version 4.25 please helpn btw it works in PIE
                  Generate visual studio source files and compile your project before you can package it with plugins that require C++ usage. Right click an asset in the editor and select 'show in explorer'. Locate your main project file, right click it and select 'generate visual studio source files'. You may need to install additional Visual Studio components.

Comment

I had this same issue recently and I found that UE4's newer Steam Sockets plugin fixes the ping issue. Now my searched lobbies show the correct ping. You'll need to modify your ini to use Steam Sockets instead though. It's surprisingly simple. I've had no issues with it.

Comment

How to setup advanced voice chat?

Comment

Working...
                      X