Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davicyyo View Post

Thank you very much for answering me, I have reviewed the code of the ThirdPersonCharacter and I have some Booleans, however none affects the movement of the player walking, the curious thing about that error, is that it happens when moving to the sides and back, if it walks straight if it works, how it said above is as which one brings it by default ThirdPersonCharacter.

I see that if I give it to launch in effect a kind of packaging, I have given it but I skip an error of online subsystem

Code:
    LogPlayLevel: Error: LogPluginManager: Error: Unable to load plugin 'OnlineSubsystemSteam'. Aborting.
    LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Client exited with error code: 1
    PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Unknown Error
    Follow everything activated both advanced sessions + advanced steam sessions and online subsystem + online subsystem steam

I don't get any errors when running the packaged game, it directly doesn't open me or open the epic games launcher.

I have disabled the CPU option, but I do not see any improvement effect, however it only works poorly in Standlone, in viewport there is no delay.

Thank you
    I was having the same issue about the OnlineSubsystem plugin not being found, but I'd get a window at launch showing me the error (if you look back just a page or two my post about it is here somewhere). It took me a lot of trial and error to fix it to where I don't even know what did fix it. Try disabling all the OnlineSubsystem plugins in your plugins settings in UE, close UE, re-open your project, re-enable all the plugins, and re-package then. That was one of the things I remember doing.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...70#post1806894
    Last edited by Nostrildumbass; 09-11-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrildumbass View Post

I was having the same issue about the OnlineSubsystem plugin not being found, but I'd get a window at launch showing me the error (if you look back just a page or two my post about it is here somewhere). It took me a lot of trial and error to fix it to where I don't even know what did fix it. Try disabling all the OnlineSubsystem plugins in your plugins settings in UE, close UE, re-open your project, re-enable all the plugins, and re-package then. That was one of the things I remember doing.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...70#post1806894
      Nothing works, finally i can export game, i open and Steam don't show, also don't work Online subsystem (No Logs).

I disabled online subsystem + steam and Advanced sessions + steam, nothing works

Warnings:
      Code:
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogSteamShared: Warning: SteamAPI failed to initialize, conditions not met.
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUtils() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUser() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamFriends() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamRemoteStorage() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUserStats() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamMatchmakingServers() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamApps() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamNetworking() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamMatchmaking() failed!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steam API failed to initialize!
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Module 'OnlineSubsystemNULL' not found - its StaticallyLinkedModuleInitializers function is null.
      LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: OSS: TryLoadSubsystemAndSetDefault: LoadSubsystemModule([NULL]) failed
      *Errors to launch, i can't join but Steam overlay not show

Bad moment for make games on UE4...

Edit:
      All works now... idk why :/ just disabled all and works
      Last edited by davicyyo; 09-13-2020, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davicyyo View Post

Nothing works, finally i can export game, i open and Steam don't show, also don't work Online subsystem (No Logs).

I disabled online subsystem + steam and Advanced sessions + steam, nothing works

Warnings:
        Code:
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogSteamShared: Warning: SteamAPI failed to initialize, conditions not met.
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUtils() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUser() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamFriends() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamRemoteStorage() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamUserStats() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamMatchmakingServers() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamApps() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamNetworking() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steamworks: SteamMatchmaking() failed!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steam API failed to initialize!
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Module 'OnlineSubsystemNULL' not found - its StaticallyLinkedModuleInitializers function is null.
        LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: OSS: TryLoadSubsystemAndSetDefault: LoadSubsystemModule([NULL]) failed
        *Errors to launch, i can't join but Steam overlay not show

Bad moment for make games on UE4...

Edit:
        All works now... idk why :/ just disabled all and works
        Development in general is a frustrating experience XD Only those that can endure the frustration, never give up, and push through the obstacles make it.

Comment

Hey i have a problem,

after having installed the two plugins, and add the line "[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
          + NetDriverDefinitions = (DefName = "GameNetDriver", DriverClassName = "OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver", DriverClassNameFallback = "OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")

[OnlineSubsystem]
          DefaultPlatformService = Steam

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
          bEnabled = true
          SteamDevAppId = 480

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
          NetConnectionClassName = "OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"

In my project's DefaultEngine file, nothing works, the game does not want to connect to Steam (4.25.3)

Comment

Originally posted by Mik-Amaral View Post
            Hey i have a problem,

after having installed the two plugins, and add the line "[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
            + NetDriverDefinitions = (DefName = "GameNetDriver", DriverClassName = "OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver", DriverClassNameFallback = "OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")

[OnlineSubsystem]
            DefaultPlatformService = Steam

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
            bEnabled = true
            SteamDevAppId = 480

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
            NetConnectionClassName = "OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"

In my project's DefaultEngine file, nothing works, the game does not want to connect to Steam (4.25.3)
            Are you previewing in editor or launching from a packaged build? The Steam integration doesn't work in PIE due to a bug
            Last edited by Nostrildumbass; 09-17-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrildumbass View Post

Are you previewing in editor or launching from a packaged build? The Steam integration doesn't work in PIE due to a bug
              Its not a bug, the editor would have to boot up the steam subsystem on launch and manage it with sub windows for it to work with a normal editor window. You can PIE with the standalone mode and it will load the steam overlay and init the subsystem.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You can PIE with the standalone mode and it will load the steam overlay and init the subsystem.
                Interesting, I don't think it works for me in Standalone mode, I have to use Launch. I'll look into why that may be.

Comment

does not work when added to project plugins or engine plugins with ue4 4.25

Comment

I am looking for a steam ladder board (leader board) to see high scores of steam friends and compare your high scores with steam friends high scores.
                    - Has "Advanced Sessions Plugin" implemented to read steam ladder board scores and read the scores from steam-friends?
                    - And to write own high score to steam ladder board?
                    As I read already, there is also UE4 built-in ladder board blue print support. But I only found "get" and "set" integer values. I think only for the own player score. But I do not find to get all high scores in overall. Or all high scores of friends. Are BP nodes inside "Advanced Sessions Plugin" for that?
                    I read the front page (first page) of this thread, but no steam leader board functions are listed there. I hoped it's implemented in this great plugin. :-(

Some additional questions:
                    - Does Steam Ladderboard only allow integers, or it is possible to have also a column with "text" to store some custom text into the leader board entry?
                    - Does Steam Ladderboard allow to filter by properties like country?
                    Perhaps any tutorials available for this?

Edit: Now tested a bit with "Advanced Sessions Plugin" and added it to my project, but as I suggested I see no leaderboard support. Somebody who read this perhaps can give me an advice which market place asset could bring leader board support to BP:
                    - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...tem-blueprints
                    - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...duct/steamcore
                    - https://launcher-website-prod07.ol.e...edsteam-plugin

Or someone has a good and easy example how making "ReadLeaderboardsAroundRank ,ReadLeaderboardsAroundUser, ReadLeaderboardsForFriends" available from BP for steam online subsystem?
                    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...rds/index.html
                    Last edited by TheFlow3k; 09-21-2020, 04:12 PM.
                    Next Game: Regain Earth: First Strike - A co-op multiplayer Action Shooter Game. Website TwitterYouTube RedditSteam

Comment

Hi everyone! I have a problem with my project. Im package my project. All four people are my friends in Steam. But i see server only 1 friends and he sees my server. The other two friends don't see any servers? What could be the problem? Sorry for my English

Comment

Originally posted by MrRaccoon58 View Post
                        Hi everyone! I have a problem with my project. Im package my project. All four people are my friends in Steam. But i see server only 1 friends and he sees my server. The other two friends don't see any servers? What could be the problem? Sorry for my English
                        The default AppID of 480 is region locked, if you want to test with multiple people make sure that everyone has their steam client set to the same download region.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello mordentral,

First of all, thanks for the amazing utility and work that went in to the plugin

Now, I am trying to have the loading of avatars a smooth process and I just saw after testing that (as described in the tooltip of the function) avatars aren't always ready when requested. So, I saw that you had a section in your function for an Async return, but nothing is implemented there. I was thinking of having my own setup for an async loading with a delegate but wanted to know if you had any pointers for me seeing that you have more experience with Steamworks.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                            Epic stores remote unique net ids in the player state struct. Get the GameState->PlayerArray each player in that list you can get the unique net id from and use it.
                            Should be the same as "get unique Net ID From Player State" with or in a replicated player state, right?

Any idea why calling "get unique Net ID From Player State" is giving me "ERROR BAD UNIQUE NET ID"?
                            - Steam Is running of course
                            - Also I can create steam sessions and find steam sessions
                            - I also see the Steam Overlay
                            - But I wondering why I get this message for "get unique Net ID From Player State" :-(
                            See attachment. The nodes you see are in a player state of the local running player (listen server self in my last test case).
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by TheFlow3k; 09-24-2020, 08:15 AM.
                            Next Game: Regain Earth: First Strike - A co-op multiplayer Action Shooter Game. Website TwitterYouTube RedditSteam

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlow3k View Post
                              Should be the same as "get unique Net ID From Player State" with or in a replicated player state, right?

Any idea why calling "get unique Net ID From Player State" is giving me "ERROR BAD UNIQUE NET ID"?
                              - Steam Is running of course
                              - Also I can create steam sessions and find steam sessions
                              - I also see the Steam Overlay
                              - But I wondering why I get this message for "get unique Net ID From Player State" :-(
                              See attachment. The nodes you see are in a player state of the local running player (listen server self in my last test case).
                              You're not passing anything to "Get Unique Net IDFrom Player State" it doesn't automatically pull self if it's called inside the Playerstate, you need to give it the "Self" reference so it knows which PlayerState to use.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I thought like many BP nodes with targets it will use self as default. But you are right! thank you!
                                Warning or error message on compile would be nice of ue4 editor. Seems to make no sense to plug nothing into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X