Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    is there plugin for 4.9.1? it says plugin needs to be recompiled

    Comment


      Originally posted by OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore View Post
      is there plugin for 4.9.1? it says plugin needs to be recompiled
      4.9.2 is the 4.9 branch currently, you'd have to recompile if you are still on 4.9.1, I would suggest updating though and .2 is bug fixes.


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        Originally posted by mordentral View Post
        4.9.2 is the 4.9 branch currently, you'd have to recompile if you are still on 4.9.1, I would suggest updating though and .2 is bug fixes.
        but i have 4.9.1 version compiled with nvidia technologies like hairworks, wave works etc.

        Comment


          Originally posted by OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore View Post
          but i have 4.9.1 version compiled with nvidia technologies like hairworks, wave works etc.
          Well if you managed to do that then recompiling the plugin shouldn't be a problem , just let it compile. You have all of the source to the plugin packaged with it.


          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            Originally posted by mordentral View Post
            Well if you managed to do that then recompiling the plugin shouldn't be a problem , just let it compile. You have all of the source to the plugin packaged with it.
            i only compiled engine. Well how do i compile then, execute AdvancedSessions.Build file?

            Comment


              ? answer yes when it asks to recompile or launch from the IDE


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                I'd like to work on this on my MacBook when I'm not at my PC, so I'm using the Git plugin. However, when I try to open a clone of my project I get:

                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 10.55.47 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1093043

                The plugin is there. I even re-downloaded to make sure nothing got lost via the .gitignore. Has anyone ran into anything like this?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ckj View Post
                  I'd like to work on this on my MacBook when I'm not at my PC, so I'm using the Git plugin. However, when I try to open a clone of my project I get:

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]65318[/ATTACH]

                  The plugin is there. I even re-downloaded to make sure nothing got lost via the .gitignore. Has anyone ran into anything like this?
                  I am guessing the 'code' on a mac is different so you would need to do whatever is necessary to get it into the c compiler for mac and make any needed changes.... dunno though. I have a mac that is sitting in a corner and have thought about using it so I can make for PC and MAC, but I ran into this and haven't had time to figure out the mac C++ stuff.
                  Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by arbopa View Post
                    I am guessing the 'code' on a mac is different so you would need to do whatever is necessary to get it into the c compiler for mac and make any needed changes.... dunno though. I have a mac that is sitting in a corner and have thought about using it so I can make for PC and MAC, but I ran into this and haven't had time to figure out the mac C++ stuff.
                    I had a feeling this might be the case. This is currently a blueprints only project (as I'm following your tutorial, @arbopa ), even on PC. I'm not sure how to build/compile a project from Xcode/VisStudio without creating it as a C++ project to begin with. For whatever reason I'm not able to put together a Google search string that nets any useful results.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ckj View Post
                      I had a feeling this might be the case. This is currently a blueprints only project (as I'm following your tutorial, @arbopa ), even on PC. I'm not sure how to build/compile a project from Xcode/VisStudio without creating it as a C++ project to begin with. For whatever reason I'm not able to put together a Google search string that nets any useful results.
                      If you ever figure it out, let me know, I know zip about developing on a mac... and honestly mine is sitting in a corner because I upgraded to Yosemitie and it seems slow as a dog to do anything anymore... actually considered wiping it clean for a version of linux.
                      Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

                      Comment


                        Hey, I love this plugin it has saved me a lot of time and you're definitely getting a special mention in our game i cannot however figure out how to update ping for the person browsing or show how many players are actually in game. Any tips ? i have tried using the update session node but then the game wont show up at all in the serverlist.
                        Follow my company Fat Bomb Studios on II Twitter Facebook Twitch II

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DwunkyPengy View Post
                          Hey, I love this plugin it has saved me a lot of time and you're definitely getting a special mention in our game i cannot however figure out how to update ping for the person browsing or show how many players are actually in game. Any tips ? i have tried using the update session node but then the game wont show up at all in the serverlist.
                          Ping and players doesn't have anything to do with this plugin. You want to create a variable, say 'This_Session' of type BlueprintSessionResult, set it from the Array Element of your ForEachLoop of the array of sessions you found (hopefully this makes sense)... Your 'foundsessions' array of blueprintsessionresults's come's off of your 'Find Session Advanced'...

                          Using your This_Session you can 'Get Current Players", "GetMaxPlayers" and "Get Ping in MS" .. all return an INT with the info. You need to build that into your server list.
                          Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by arbopa View Post
                            Ping and players doesn't have anything to do with this plugin. You want to create a variable, say 'This_Session' of type BlueprintSessionResult, set it from the Array Element of your ForEachLoop of the array of sessions you found (hopefully this makes sense)... Your 'foundsessions' array of blueprintsessionresults's come's off of your 'Find Session Advanced'...

                            Using your This_Session you can 'Get Current Players", "GetMaxPlayers" and "Get Ping in MS" .. all return an INT with the info. You need to build that into your server list.
                            Yeah, you could technically do it with the plugin but using the default functions is better as they already store the information and have functions dedicated to it, I tried to leave Epics implementations intact as the defaults where possible. As for it leaving the server list when you update, what version are you on? I fixed that on the plugin in 4.9 I believe, it forgot to pass in the game ID with the update command initially.


                            *Edit* Yeah this update message fixed that problem: 09/03/2015- Updated the 4.9 download, this version fixes the UpdateSession BP Node - 4.8 not updated, will be updated if requested only.


                            I then ended up updating the 4.8 branch on: 09/14/2015- Updated 4.8 download as it was requested.

                            So if you have an older version of the plugin it may be bugged still.


                            Originally posted by ckj View Post
                            I'd like to work on this on my MacBook when I'm not at my PC, so I'm using the Git plugin. However, when I try to open a clone of my project I get:

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]65318[/ATTACH]

                            The plugin is there. I even re-downloaded to make sure nothing got lost via the .gitignore. Has anyone ran into anything like this?
                            I don't own a Mac and so I can't compile the plugin for one, none of the .dlls will be compatible with a mac without recompilation as they don't even use .dlls. If you are working from a windows machine on the editor I believe that building the game FOR mac should still work however, but I cannot test.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 11-10-2015, 09:39 AM.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Ok cool, it is most likely just a bug than, im in 4.8 but ill convert to 4.9 and see if i have the same issues thanks
                              Follow my company Fat Bomb Studios on II Twitter Facebook Twitch II

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by DwunkyPengy View Post
                                Ok cool, it is most likely just a bug than, im in 4.8 but ill convert to 4.9 and see if i have the same issues thanks
                                I fixed it for 4.8 as well, but if your version of the plugin is old enough it won't have the fix.


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X