No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! I'm using v4.24 of the plugin and I am facing some serious issues with rejoining an existing session.
    I am able to connect once to the listen server, but if I disconnect and try to reconnect I am unable to do so.

The logs host side show the following:

Join Request for user xxx
    Join Succeeded for user xxx
    LogNet::UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch: Bunch.bClose == true. ChIndex == 0. Calling ConditionalCleanUp. UChannel::CleanUp: ChIndex == 0. Closing connection. Channel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0.
    LogOnline: STEAM: Removing P2P
    Which essentially means that the client briefly connects to the host server, but then gets immediately disconnected.

And on the client's side, after calling Join Session, It successfully connects to the host session, but I get a connection timeout error, probably during map travel.

After that, it's basically impossible for me to join any other session from the client till i restart the game.
    The same is also applicable on the host.

I am calling Destroy Session before every start host/join/search for hosts operation and even when I exit the game. So at this point I'm not sure if this even related to bad sessions.
    It only affects the game when running the steam subsystem.

I've tried everything I can think of. I'd be really thankful if someone could help me understand what's happening/help me resolve the issue?

Comment

will this work on mobile devices? if so, what problems may arise during packaging?
      Last edited by CppGod; 07-16-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

So I'm using p4v and the client has an issue with loading the project and the AS module fails to load? Any suggestions?

Comment

Is the OverrideFailureDelegate available and if not, could this be added (or advise on how to add)?
          https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...eam/index.html

Thanks. The blueprint work has been very helpful so far.

Comment

Great plugin, easy to use an implement.
            ╱╱┏╮
            ╱╱┃┃
            ▉━╯┗━╮
            ▉┈┈┈┈┃
            ▉╮┈┈┈┃
            ╱╰━━━╯

Comment

Originally posted by CppGod View Post
              will this work on mobile devices? if so, what problems may arise during packaging?
              Should be none.
              Originally posted by Kabassmusic View Post
              So I'm using p4v and the client has an issue with loading the project and the AS module fails to load? Any suggestions?
              You are likely locking multiple files that get rebuilt with p4v.
              Originally posted by pftq View Post
              Is the OverrideFailureDelegate available and if not, could this be added (or advise on how to add)?
              https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...eam/index.html

Thanks. The blueprint work has been very helpful so far.

I'm looking into it actually, there are a lot of things that could be useful there, I would just have to make a new game instance class that extends the friends one to handle it.

NVM on that, forgot that just binding to it in general would cause default behavior to not fire, better to keep as a c++ bind if people want to do that.

How you would go about getting to it though is below

Code:
               FOnlineSubsystemSteam* SteamSubsystem = (FOnlineSubsystemSteam*)(IOnlineSubsystem::Get(STEAM_SUBSYSTEM));
              if (SteamSubsystem)
              {
              FOnlineAuthSteamUtilsPtr SteamAuthUtils = SteamSubsystem->GetAuthInterfaceUtils();

if (SteamAuthUtils.IsValid())
              SteamAuthUtils.Get()->OnAuthenticationResultDelegate // BIND HERE TO YOUR FUNCTION
              {
              Last edited by mordentral; 07-23-2020, 10:40 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm getting an error when packaging my project using nativization and Advanced Sessions, which is installed in my projects plugin folder. The project packages fine without nativization.

Code:
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): C:\Users\Hynes\Desktop\UE4\DeadContainment\UE4\DeadContainment\Intermediate\Plugins\NativizedAssets\Windows\Game\Source\NativizedAssets\Public\ServerMenu_W__pf1202218244.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Source/AdvancedSessions/Classes/BlueprintDataDef
                initions.h': No such file or directory
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 159.5470001s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Hynes\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.25\UBT-DeadContainment-Win64-Shipping_2.txt)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error
                Has anyone else experienced this or know how I can fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I'm looking into it actually, there are a lot of things that could be useful there, I would just have to make a new game instance class that extends the friends one to handle it.

NVM on that, forgot that just binding to it in general would cause default behavior to not fire, better to keep as a c++ bind if people want to do that.

How you would go about getting to it though is below

Code:
                   FOnlineSubsystemSteam* SteamSubsystem = (FOnlineSubsystemSteam*)(IOnlineSubsystem::Get(STEAM_SUBSYSTEM));
                  if (SteamSubsystem)
                  {
                  FOnlineAuthSteamUtilsPtr SteamAuthUtils = SteamSubsystem->GetAuthInterfaceUtils();

if (SteamAuthUtils.IsValid())
                  SteamAuthUtils.Get()->OnAuthenticationResultDelegate // BIND HERE TO YOUR FUNCTION
                  {
                  Can you be more specific with the steps? Not familiar with how C++ classes work or how to override delegates in UE4, hence why I'm using the plugin for now. Thank you

Comment

hey mordentral I haven't had any issue with your plugin and packaging games. I did recently update UE4 to 4.25.2, and now when i went to attempt a 64bit package build, this error comes up in the log and the build fails. Do you have any detailed info on what I should look for to get rid of this error?

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'AdvancedSteamSessions' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
                    PackagingResults: Error: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'AdvancedSteamSessions' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

Comment

So it looks like there's something to do with the new 4.25.2 update and other people are having this issue. I had to remove your plugin from the engine plugins directory and put it in my project plugins folder directory. Along with any other active plugins that i was using. This is really odd and i think it's a bug on Epic's end unless something major just changed. But I'm currently building now with no issues after moving the plugin over.

Comment

Hi,
                        I keep getting this error when trying to Nativize my fully Blueprint game with AdvancedSessions included as a plugin. Everything used to work perfectly in 4.21.2.
                        STEPS:
                        1- Backed up the project, then opened it with 4.25.2, converted it in place.
                        2- Downloaded/upacked/copied AdvancedSessions plugins into "[ProjectFolder]\Plugins" folder.
                        3. Created an ANOTHER C++ class, for some strange reason it got created into the AdvancedSessions Plugin folder...
                        4- Nativization Inclusive
                        5- BuildConfiguration->Shipping
                        6- Package for Windows-64.
                        BUILD FAILS
                        Code:
                        c:\users\***\documents\unreal projects\***\intermediate\plugins\nativizedassets\windows\game\source\nativizedassets\public\BPGI_GameInstanceMaster__pf1380491225.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../Plugins/AdvancedSessions/Source/AdvancedSessions/Classes/BlueprintDataDefinition
                        s.h': No such file or directory
                        Even though the file can be found
                        Code:
                        C:\Users\***\Documents\Unreal Projects\***\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\BlueprintDataDefinition
                        s.h
                        Engine version: Unreal Engine 4.25.2
                        Plugin: AdvancedSessions 4.25.0

Location: [ProjectFolder]\Plugins\AdvancedSteamSessions\

Code:
                        c:\users\***\documents\unreal projects\***\intermediate\plugins\nativizedassets\windows\game\source\nativizedassets\public\BPGI_GameInstanceMaster__pf1380491225.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../Plugins/AdvancedSessions/Source/AdvancedSessions/Classes/BlueprintDataDefinition
                        s.h': No such file or directory
                        Any ideas the cause/fix for this issue?

Thanks!

Comment

From the first post of this thread:
                          Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                          I have had several requests for supporting the authentication system for steam and wanted to be up front about it in here. The changes required are likely to be out of the scope of a plugin (or very backwards to implement through one) and I would rather people go and support the pull request that adds the functionality into the engine itself: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2135
                          What is the state of this? When I look into the linked pull request, the Request is closed already and people comment that EPIC implement own solution. What's the actual state? Epic implement basic solution but "advanced session plugin" still enhance the built-in system, right?
                          Next Game: Regain Earth: First Strike - A co-op multiplayer Action Shooter Game. Website TwitterYouTube RedditSteam

Comment

This is a super delayed response to a lot of earlier problems people seemed to be having, but in order to pass on the map name from your game to Steam's dedicated server list, use the "MAPNAME" literal string in the extra settings array. This passes it on and Steam recognises it and displays it properly. Took me a while to figure it out and it took someone commenting on my youtube tutorial for me to figure it out so hopefully that helps someone out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAPNAME.png
Views:	170
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1793216

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlow3k View Post
                              From the first post of this thread:

What is the state of this? When I look into the linked pull request, the Request is closed already and people comment that EPIC implement own solution. What's the actual state? Epic implement basic solution but "advanced session plugin" still enhance the built-in system, right?
                              Its listed in the OP for this thread, but yes they did add steam authentication directly to the engine now

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...authentication

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by noms View Post
                                This is a super delayed response to a lot of earlier problems people seemed to be having, but in order to pass on the map name from your game to Steam's dedicated server list, use the "MAPNAME" literal string in the extra settings array. This passes it on and Steam recognises it and displays it properly. Took me a while to figure it out and it took someone commenting on my youtube tutorial for me to figure it out so hopefully that helps someone out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAPNAME.png
Views:	170
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1793216
                                Using "MAPNAME" will pass the mapname correctly? But what about the Servername? my servernames are looking something like 9659872394576

Comment

Working...
                                X