No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After some more testing I got my find session filtering working as desired after surmounting one additional challenge which I wanted to post here in case it helps anyone else:

It appears each session property set in "Extra Settings" can only have up to one corresponding filter on the find session side. In my case I had an int session property called skill, and I had two filters on it to make a range (one less than, and one greater than). Only one of those two filters was working. So I broke out that single session property into two called skill_floor and skill_ceiling (with the same value), and made a separate corresponding filter for each - now it seems to be working beautifully

Thanks again mordentral for your help here and making this incredible plugin!
    Last edited by faetell; 02-05-2020, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Hello, I've been pulling my hair out since Unreal updated from 4.24.0. I've been designing my game on my MacBook without a single issue, and your plugin has been amazing! But since I've updated to the latest, I'm getting a "rebuild from source manually" error, and my project is shut down. Does anyone have an idea of how to rebuild a plugin on mac? or can you PLEASE upload a 4.24.2 version? I have Xcode, and VS Studio installed, but they don't seem to do anything. I just have no idea what to do, nor have I found anything online about how to solve this problem. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ksimpson1986 View Post
        Hello, I've been pulling my hair out since Unreal updated from 4.24.0. I've been designing my game on my MacBook without a single issue, and your plugin has been amazing! But since I've updated to the latest, I'm getting a "rebuild from source manually" error, and my project is shut down. Does anyone have an idea of how to rebuild a plugin on mac? or can you PLEASE upload a 4.24.2 version? I have Xcode, and VS Studio installed, but they don't seem to do anything. I just have no idea what to do, nor have I found anything online about how to solve this problem. Thanks
        I do not own a mac and cannot pre-compile for one, unsure how you got it without having compiled yourself to begin with. If you open in visual studio and compile the Development Editor build target then you can launch from your UProject like normal.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Does this plugin work with the Oculus subsystem? It works fine for me with DefaultPlatformService=Null. But I want to get the Oculus matchmaking working. If I change the DefaultPlatformService to Oculus, then it creates the session (LAN) but the search fails...
          Last edited by sabibo67; 02-10-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I do not own a mac and cannot pre-compile for one, unsure how you got it without having compiled yourself to begin with. If you open in visual studio and compile the Development Editor build target then you can launch from your UProject like normal.
            For some reason on mac, visual studio doesn't seem to work that way. I'm also not too insanely familiar with the ins and outs of VS. BUT, every time you release a version on here, I have no issues with it whatsoever as long as it matches whatever version you've released. If you were to release a compiled 4.24.2 version on here, it would work without any issue. It doesn't have to be compiled for Mac, it just has to match whatever version of the engine it's working with. If you by chance are able to support us Mac guys and drop a 4.24.2 version on here, I would be eternally thankful!

Comment

I don't know if this is still active, so I integrated steam with the game using the advanced sessions. However for some reason, now the LAN option on the advanced sessions do not work. Where if I create an advanced session with LAN, than another client finds a session with LAN, it doesn't return any sessions. Any ideas why?

Comment

Originally posted by ksimpson1986 View Post

For some reason on mac, visual studio doesn't seem to work that way. I'm also not too insanely familiar with the ins and outs of VS. BUT, every time you release a version on here, I have no issues with it whatsoever as long as it matches whatever version you've released. If you were to release a compiled 4.24.2 version on here, it would work without any issue. It doesn't have to be compiled for Mac, it just has to match whatever version of the engine it's working with. If you by chance are able to support us Mac guys and drop a 4.24.2 version on here, I would be eternally thankful!
                4.24.2 is the current uploaded version

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, anyone knows its possible to get a steam user's avatar without being friends?

Comment

Originally posted by BulleTime View Post
                    Hi, anyone knows its possible to get a steam user's avatar without being friends?
                    Its named that, but it can get anyones avatar, just pass in the unique ID.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello can anyone help me figure out why I can't package my small demo project made with this plugin? My project is just the default ThirdPersonTemplate with this plugin installed.
                      Engine version 4.24.2
                      AdvancedSessions Plugin installed at project level: C:\Users\Cipher5\Documents\Unreal Projects\Cipher5SteamConnect\Plugins\AdvancedSessions

I get this message in the log in yellow text while packaging:
                      Code:
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogPluginManager: Warning: Plugin 'AdvancedSessions' exists at 'C:/Users/Cipher5/Documents/Unreal Projects/Cipher5SteamConnect/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions.uplugin' and 'C:/Users/Cipher5/Documents/Unreal Projects/Cipher5SteamConnect/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions.uplugin' - s
                      econd location will be ignored
                      PackagingResults: Warning: Plugin 'AdvancedSessions' exists at 'C:/Users/Cipher5/Documents/Unreal Projects/Cipher5SteamConnect/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions.uplugin' and 'C:/Users/Cipher5/Documents/Unreal Projects/Cipher5SteamConnect/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions.uplugin' - second location will be ignored
                      Is this the reason my project won't package?

The Errors in red are:

Code:
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** COOK COMMAND COMPLETED **********
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'C:\Users\Cipher5\Documents\Unreal Projects\Cipher5SteamConnect\Binaries\Win64\Cipher5SteamConnect.target'. Check that this target has been built.
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):        (see C:\Users\Cipher5\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\X+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.24\Log.txt for full exception trace)
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=103 (Error_MissingExecutable)
                      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                      PackagingResults: Error: Missing UE4Game binary.You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>
                      LogSlate: Window 'Message' being destroyed

Thanks for taking a look

UPDATE:
                      Solved my problem. I installed it wrong I guess lol. I wish there was better instructions posted on how to install this plugin. I found this video and followed the install process and it works now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-D3Cz71IIQ
                      Last edited by Cipher5; 02-20-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I have a question about what port number I should use because when I start my game menu I see other peoples games in my servers list lol And if someone could also be so kind where to change it. Thanks again

Update:
                        OK figured out a way to just get my servers to show. I created an extra setting with a static string/key that is the same whenever any of my servers are hosting a game. Then when refreshing the server list it will only allow my servers to display in the list. I think this isn't needed when you actually get your own steam game and dev ID.
                        Last edited by Cipher5; 03-02-2020, 07:03 PM.

Comment

on 4.24.2 I have a null reference Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetPlayerController_ReturnValue". Blueprint: Menu Function: Execute Ubergraph Menu Graph: EventGraph Node: Set bShowMouseCursor
                          Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_Create_ReturnValue". Blueprint: Menu Function: Execute Ubergraph Menu Graph: EventGraph Node: Add to Viewport

it's probably the Set bShowMouseCursor needs to be a variable that's set. Add to Viewport is right before it in the blueprint graph flow.

I can take a lot of screenshots but I'm following this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blsU...ltXBx6&index=4

and I can't really figure out where I should set bShowMouseCursor >_>

any help would be appreciated. I was also curious if it's a bug with the engine.

Comment

So ive been looking in this thread for some time, but cant manage to get any result from the Find Sessions Advanced node. It always returns 0. Anyway, in my log i do notice some results.
                            I should just find all servers for the SpaceWars game with api id 480 right?
                            Im on unreal 4.24.2

Code:
                            [URL]
                            GameName=RTTest

[OnlineSubsystem]
                            PollingIntervalInMs=20
                            ; Uncomment the following line to use the Null Subsystem
                            ;DefaultPlatformService=Null
                            ; Uncomment the following lines to use the Steam Subsystem
                            DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                            VoiceNotificationDelta=0.2 

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
                            bEnabled=true
                            SteamDevAppId=480
                            SteamAppId=480
                            GameVersion=1.0.0.0
                            bVACEnabled=1
                            bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
                            P2PConnectionTimeout=90
                            ; This is to prevent subsystem from reading other achievements that may be defined in parent .ini
                            Achievement_0_Id=""

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
                            NetConnectionClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection

[Voice] 
                             bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystem] 
                             bHasVoiceEnabled=true

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
                            +ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="TP_ThirdPersonBP",NewGameName="/Script/RTTest")
                            +ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="/Script/TP_ThirdPersonBP",NewGameName="/Script/RTTest")
                            !NetDriverDefinitions=ClearArray
                            ; Uncomment the next line if you are using the Null Subsystem
                            ;-NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")
                            ; Uncomment the next line if you are using the Steam Subsystem
                            +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel.PNG
Views:	170
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	1725274

Code:
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:433][ 38]LogOnlineSession: STEAM: Found 49 lobbies, finalizing the search
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:433][ 38]LogOnlineSession: STEAM: Search result 0: LobbyId=Lobby[0x18600000BA99EE1], LobbyId.IsValid()=true, CSteamID(LobbyId).IsLobby()=true
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:433][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unknown or unsupported data type from Steam key data cname 109775241112819276
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:433][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Failed to parse setting from key cname value 109775241112819276
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unknown or unsupported data type from Steam key data platform WIN
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Failed to parse setting from key platform value WIN
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unknown or unsupported data type from Steam key data type 04109775241112819276
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Failed to parse setting from key type value 04109775241112819276
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unable to parse search result for lobby 'Lobby[0x18600000BA99EE1]'
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: STEAM: Search result 1: LobbyId=Lobby[0x18600000BA9869E], LobbyId.IsValid()=true, CSteamID(LobbyId).IsLobby()=true
                            [2020.02.24-15.23.40:435][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unable to parse search result for lobby 'Lobby[0x18600000BA9869E]'
                            The log is pretty much filled with all kind of warning like above (around 100).

Anyone could help?

Comment

Originally posted by BulleTime View Post
                              So ive been looking in this thread for some time, but cant manage to get any result from the Find Sessions Advanced node. It always returns 0. Anyway, in my log i do notice some results.
                              I should just find all servers for the SpaceWars game with api id 480 right?
                              Im on unreal 4.24.2

[CODE][URL]

Code:
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:433][ 38]LogOnlineSession: STEAM: Found 49 lobbies, finalizing the search
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:433][ 38]LogOnlineSession: STEAM: Search result 0: LobbyId=Lobby[0x18600000BA99EE1], LobbyId.IsValid()=true, CSteamID(LobbyId).IsLobby()=true
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:433][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unknown or unsupported data type from Steam key data cname 109775241112819276
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:433][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Failed to parse setting from key cname value 109775241112819276
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unknown or unsupported data type from Steam key data platform WIN
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Failed to parse setting from key platform value WIN
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unknown or unsupported data type from Steam key data type 04109775241112819276
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Failed to parse setting from key type value 04109775241112819276
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unable to parse search result for lobby 'Lobby[0x18600000BA99EE1]'
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:434][ 38]LogOnlineSession: STEAM: Search result 1: LobbyId=Lobby[0x18600000BA9869E], LobbyId.IsValid()=true, CSteamID(LobbyId).IsLobby()=true
                              [2020.02.24-15.23.40:435][ 38]LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Unable to parse search result for lobby 'Lobby[0x18600000BA9869E]'
                              The log is pretty much filled with all kind of warning like above (around 100).

Anyone could help?
                              Those log messages ARE the other space wars applications, they are being filtered out due to conflicting build IDs (by default the engine filters build IDs that aren't the same). You would need to enter a filter value (any) that would be unique to you in order for those to not be returned and then thrown away.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Those log messages ARE the other space wars applications, they are being filtered out due to conflicting build IDs (by default the engine filters build IDs that aren't the same). You would need to enter a filter value (any) that would be unique to you in order for those to not be returned and then thrown away.
                                Alright but what if i actually do want to show all these servers, just to stylize my server list ?

Comment

Working...
                                X