No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mordentral, not sure if I should be posting in the vr expansion thread or here, but this issue pertains to finding servers online.. I'm able to find and join hosted listen servers started in the Vr Expansion Example Project, however only in Lan or on the same Network.. Doesn't work online over the internet, is there a missing step? I figured it would work off the bat, but if it's Lan only and needs the Steam Subsystem setup I'll look into that.. Just wanted to confirm from your end it's not a different issue.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
      Hey Mordentral, not sure if I should be posting in the vr expansion thread or here, but this issue pertains to finding servers online.. I'm able to find and join hosted listen servers started in the Vr Expansion Example Project, however only in Lan or on the same Network.. Doesn't work online over the internet, is there a missing step? I figured it would work off the bat, but if it's Lan only and needs the Steam Subsystem setup I'll look into that.. Just wanted to confirm from your end it's not a different issue.

Thanks again
      The example project is steam by default, but that requiresnot only running the steam client but also making sure that you are on the same download region (as the sample AppID is region locked). Yeah you can post to the VR plugins thread though for further stuff regarding it.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

The example project is steam by default, but that requiresnot only running the steam client but also making sure that you are on the same download region (as the sample AppID is region locked). Yeah you can post to the VR plugins thread though for further stuff regarding it.
        alright then, thanks for the heads up.. imma take another look at the system and if I still wasn't able to solve the issue I'll hit you up on the other thread if that makes things easier,
        Thanks again

Comment

When I was going to host a dedicated server,although I choose the WAN mode,it still show in the LAN server list

Comment

Hey mordentral!

I've seen this posted a few times in this thread, but I wanted to ask you a bit about the full servers not showing up on Steam search results.

As you have mentioned, Steam OSS doesn't return full servers. I've asked Epic about this on UDN and they say that shouldn't happen and the SDK isn't doing it.
            I saw you showed an engine edit for it to work on OSS Null in OnlineSubsystemNullInterface - tried it just in case it would affect Steam and it does not.
            Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by VaultedSky View Post
              Hey mordentral!

I've seen this posted a few times in this thread, but I wanted to ask you a bit about the full servers not showing up on Steam search results.

As you have mentioned, Steam OSS doesn't return full servers. I've asked Epic about this on UDN and they say that shouldn't happen and the SDK isn't doing it.
              I saw you showed an engine edit for it to work on OSS Null in OnlineSubsystemNullInterface - tried it just in case it would affect Steam and it does not.
              Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this? Thank you.
              They use "RequestLobbyList" for the steam API call to get the list of lobbies, which has this unfortunate text tagged to it in the Steam SDK documentation:

Its not Steam OSS's fault, its Steam SDK.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
              X