Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhoenixSmurf View Post
    Is there an elegant way to pass the ExtraSessionSettings over to clients? Or to request newer information from the client to its session (without refinding sessions)? The situation is, I have one client tell the server to change its game session extra settings, then I want all clients to get that information. I've tried passing an array of SessionPropertyKeyPair structs to an OnUpdate client RPC call but the information doesn't appear to replicate; an array of 3 elements arrives on the client RPC but it's all None/0/null data.
    Just keep an actual array of settings on the server, fill out the extra settings from that array, not the other way around, you are approaching it backwards. Even if I made the extra settings array replicate it would be a generally bad idea as all of the extra key names and a lot of the data are string formatted and it would be a bandwidth waste.

Generally I will also note that clients shouldn't be "telling" the server to update session settings. Not entirely sure what you are doing there.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks, was thinking something along those lines.

The use case for clients adjusting settings is eg. a room/lobby owner having the power to change a game mode (eg. from deathmatch to capture the flag). But I am not having them directly adjust settings; i'm triggering individual setting changes on the server via RPC calls.

Comment

I am sorry for being such a noob, but all the youtube tutorials on this fail to help me out it seems: after version 20 (I am using 4.23.1) I am supposed to install the plugin in the project folder. Ok. But then I have to add an empty c++ class. But that wont work. I get:

Creating makefile for ConnectFourEditor (no existing makefile) Parsing headers for ConnectFourEditor Running UnrealHeaderTool "F:\Unreal4\ConnectFour\ConnectFour.uproject" "F:\Unreal4\ConnectFour\Intermediate\Build\Win64\ConnectFourEditor\Development\ConnectFourEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed -FailIfGeneratedCodeChanges ERROR: 'F:/Unreal4/ConnectFour/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSessions/BlueprintDataDefinitions.generated.h': Changes to generated code are not allowed - conflicts written to 'F:/Unreal4/ConnectFour/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSessions/Bluep rintDataDefinitions.generated.h.conflict'

So now I am stuck? What should I do? Skip this step? Put it in the engine/plugin folder anyway?

Snippet from install procedure:
        • Extract the file inside the zip to ProjectFolder/Plugins/AdvancedSessions (create /Plugins/AdvancedSessions if you have to) Note that post 4.20 you shouldn't be installing it in the engine directory anymore due to some changes epic made that are hard to work around with me having multiple modules.
        • If installed at the project level you need to Create a C++ blank file in the editor to allow it to package out the plugin - If installed at the engine level you do not need to do anything else.
        Last edited by Bas_Koning; 10-31-2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Reinstalled unreal 4.23.1, added advanced sessions to project plugin folder, add class, compile, no more error. I think my perhaps my older version of unreal was still polluted with the old version of advanced sessions (I simply removed it from the engine plugin folder). I had several crashes with that older unreal as well: perhaps setting some folder/files it was working on to 'read only', which would create that very error message. So that could also be it. (but then: I did try it out on freshly created projects as well... ) Anyway, its working now

Comment

Originally posted by Bas_Koning View Post
            Reinstalled unreal 4.23.1, added advanced sessions to project plugin folder, add class, compile, no more error. I think my perhaps my older version of unreal was still polluted with the old version of advanced sessions (I simply removed it from the engine plugin folder). I had several crashes with that older unreal as well: perhaps setting some folder/files it was working on to 'read only', which would create that very error message. So that could also be it. (but then: I did try it out on freshly created projects as well... ) Anyway, its working now
            Deleting intermediate folders generally fixes issues like that, the generated meta code can get stale.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Been getting this error recently for some reason, unable to invite or find any sessions when searching(using our own ID)
              on 4.23.1

Spoiler
              Last edited by Rareden; 11-05-2019, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
                Been getting this error recently for some reason, unable to invite or find any sessions when searching(using our own ID)
                on 4.23.1

Spoiler
                What is that extra setting key and its value? Its invalid, whatever it is.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

What is that extra setting key and its value? Its invalid, whatever it is.
                  Extra settings string for the player name who is hosting and such
                  Ive tried removing all extra settings and even using the default create session but its still the same result with being unable to parse the search result for the lobby or says
                  Code:
                  LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Invalid session info on search result
                  Last edited by Rareden; 11-06-2019, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Hello guys.

I have a problem with the plugins and steam. When I find session I get 9999 ping and the slot remaning 1/10.
                    The plugin work fine to LAN and on editor but not when I build and I try with my friend on steam.

Thx you

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post

Extra settings string for the player name who is hosting and such
                      Ive tried removing all extra settings and even using the default create session but its still the same result with being unable to parse the search result for the lobby or says
                      Code:
                      LogOnlineSession: Warning: STEAM: Invalid session info on search result
                      Not sure on that then, I don't really have anything to go off of, that warning is returned if the session info isn't valid on join session. Unless you are trying to replicate it or something though then it should be valid, the steam subsystem fails out on validity if the cases quoted below.

Code:
                          virtual bool IsValid() const override
                          {
                              switch (SessionType)
                              {
                              case ESteamSession::LobbySession:
                                  return SteamP2PAddr.IsValid() && SteamP2PAddr->IsValid() && SessionId.IsValid();
                              case ESteamSession::AdvertisedSessionHost:
                              case ESteamSession::AdvertisedSessionClient:
                                  return ((SteamP2PAddr.IsValid() && SteamP2PAddr->IsValid()) || (HostAddr.IsValid() && HostAddr->IsValid())) && SessionId.IsValid();
                              case ESteamSession::LANSession:
                              default:
                                  // LAN case
                                  return HostAddr.IsValid() && HostAddr->IsValid();
                              }
                          }
                      Originally posted by Psyco_Gaming_Lab View Post
                      Hello guys.

I have a problem with the plugins and steam. When I find session I get 9999 ping and the slot remaning 1/10.
                      The plugin work fine to LAN and on editor but not when I build and I try with my friend on steam.

Thx you
                      Steam lobbies don't support pingback, you would need to implement it yourself if using the lobby system (non dedicated servers).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello, im using unreal 4.23 and a blank project. I followed all the steps placed the plugins in the project plugins folder. When i try to export the project i get sevaral erros. Heres the log
                        https://paste.ofcode.org/hfEP4ADVjzwEz2QQJiP6PV

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

4.20 + of the engine is supposed to handle that now natively by using a special authentication packet handler that Epic added.

See
                          https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...eam/index.html

at the Steam Online Authentication section.
                          As additional for OnlineSubsystem Steam I used
                          Code:
                          [PacketHandlerComponents]
                          +Components=OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamAuthComponentModuleInterface
                          But in this case I can get GetAuthInterface() from Steam IOnlineSubsystem*

I read OnlineSubsystemSteam.h and can see that
                          Code:
                          virtual FOnlineAuthSteamPtr GetAuthInterface() const;
                          not in same list that other Steam interfaces, so I can't understand how I can get access to the AuthInterface

p.s. I'm not using steamworks sdk, only Steam OSS plugin
                          Last edited by KGB1st; 11-20-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Uploaded pre-built binaries for 4.24,

Only minor changes to accommodate the 4.24 formatting overhauls in engine. I'll note that 4.24 also adds the steam sockets networking adapter in engine which solves some common steam lobby issues (like pingback in non dedicated sessions).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey and thanks for this plugin. Im using it to follow a tutorial and want to test it on the new 4.24 that got out today. But the 4.24 link still takes me to the 4-23 version of this plugin. Can you fix that?
                              System
                              ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                              Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by ÅsmundSchei View Post
                                Hey and thanks for this plugin. Im using it to follow a tutorial and want to test it on the new 4.24 that got out today. But the 4.24 link still takes me to the 4-23 version of this plugin. Can you fix that?
                                sorry about that, the forum kept the meta link, its fixed.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X