Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi,
    First, thank you so much for this amazing plugin.
    I have released a game on Steam a few months back. And, now I have finished implementing online multiplayer feature. One player from one PC with a unique SteamID CreatesAdvancedSession. Then, another player from another PC with a unique SteamID does FindSessionAdvanced.
    It works perfectly over LAN.
    However, on Steam, the other player can join the session. But, once the host "starts", and moves to the next map, the guest player gets disconnect.
    I am using NON-Seamless travel.
    Could you kindly confirm that my check/uncheck choices are proper for a Steam online session?
    https://ibb.co/mBt4fcB

Thank you again!

p.s. After sending a PM to the OP, I realized here is the proper place to post. I am sorry for the double post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi!
    can u help me with next error

[2020.04.02-11.54.25:643][199]LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: AUTH: CreateServerSteam is calling the depricated AdvertiseGame call
    Last edited by digitalbug; 04-02-2020, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone.

I'm trying to use the Advanced Sessions plugin to send a friend invite after creating a party. I call send invite to friend in the blueprints with the unique net id. It says the invite was successful, but I can't see any invite popup on Steam when I do this. Does anyone have any advice?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hello mordentral, I have problems with the following nodes: Update session, mute Remote Player and IsPlayerTalking. Update session sometimes crashes. In addition, the current players and max Players are not always updated correctly. The mute node and the IsPlayerTalkingNode are not working. The unique ID is passed correctly. I use the 4.21

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know how I can stop players from joining a session after a certin time frame or event?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hey all, I get this if I restart the server. What's the fix around this? I've seen;

/** Async Task timeout value */ #define ASYNC_TASK_TIMEOUT 15.0f

fixes it but then I don't know? I'll try it in the meantime, until I get a reply. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok i understand
    no it’s right, I don’t get any session without my key. I just want to display custom test if some key is found, so I have not to add them as extra settings but need to get it after finding sessions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thejturner View Post
    I'm a teacher at a university and like most we are forced to continue teaching remotely. I'm using the chance to dive into the multiplayer capabilities of UE4 and try to make a virtual space where my class can convene in VR and First Person. The class is about architecture in virtual worlds so it only seems right to try to explore the possibilities together in a virtual space (it already happens 24/7 in Fortnight etc.). I could just host a world in VRChat but that platform (and most I've encountered) are PC-only.

I've succeeded in building a prototype, using this amazing plugin, that works for PC but have run into a wall with the Mac platform. I've had the same issue as others in this thread of being unable to build the Advanced Sessions plugin when launching on a Mac. Also I want to use this insane time as a chance to push my knowledge and share the process with my students.

Has anyone had any success compiling a Mac version of the plugin? If so would you be willing to share your compiled version or give me step-by-step instructions on how to do so? I am a visual artist first and a armchair developer out of necessity so the Visual Studio/Xcode workflow is still foreign.
    Yeah i cannot pre-compile binaries for mac, you will have to follow any random project compilation tutorial for mac with the plugin in the project folder and it should generate them for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Max_mne View Post
    I have a little question about how the session system works in ue4 :
    why, when no session is found, the find session node send a success with no results (empty array) ?
    it should return a fail no ?
    btw, if the plugin found out a session without extra settings it return a true too. So I have to check after to compare session settings with the one I was looking for
    It means that the operation succeeded without error, finding no matching results is a valid result. Also you shouldn't be getting an array of sessions that don't contain your key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a little question about how the session system works in ue4 :
    why, when no session is found, the find session node send a success with no results (empty array) ?
    it should return a fail no ?
    btw, if the plugin found out a session without extra settings it return a true too. So I have to check after to compare session settings with the one I was looking for

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm a teacher at a university and like most we are forced to continue teaching remotely. I'm using the chance to dive into the multiplayer capabilities of UE4 and try to make a virtual space where my class can convene in VR and First Person. The class is about architecture in virtual worlds so it only seems right to try to explore the possibilities together in a virtual space (it already happens 24/7 in Fortnight etc.). I could just host a world in VRChat but that platform (and most I've encountered) are PC-only.

I've succeeded in building a prototype, using this amazing plugin, that works for PC but have run into a wall with the Mac platform. I've had the same issue as others in this thread of being unable to build the Advanced Sessions plugin when launching on a Mac. Also I want to use this insane time as a chance to push my knowledge and share the process with my students.

Has anyone had any success compiling a Mac version of the plugin? If so would you be willing to share your compiled version or give me step-by-step instructions on how to do so? I am a visual artist first and a armchair developer out of necessity so the Visual Studio/Xcode workflow is still foreign.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Forgot to upload it, had it repackaged already.

Uploading now

*Edit* Uploaded
    Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Evolover42 View Post
    Anyone know where the build for 4.24.3 is? The only download i'm finding says its for 4.24.0 and it wont compile.
    Forgot to upload it, had it repackaged already.

Uploading now

*Edit* Uploaded
    Last edited by mordentral; 03-18-2020, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone know where the build for 4.24.3 is? The only download i'm finding says its for 4.24.0 and it wont compile.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DualFuelStudios View Post
    Hi, I'm just wondering on the correct way to Get the steam username, I have this code, but it just doesn't work. Using Advanced Sessions like

Click image for larger version  Name:	30978b204b906594b423e157a6418d39.png Views:	0 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	1733537
    Where are you calling that from? Try (Get Player Controller) then (Get Player Name) or get from your player state.

In your ThirdPersonCharacter you can call it like this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3546.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1733744
    Last edited by Cipher5; 03-17-2020, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X