Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuacFrog View Post

The Steam subsystem. I have it pulling the Steam username and friends list successfully. I just can't get it to connect outside of the same network.
    If you are on AppID 480 then it is region locked and you need to switch to the same download region on steam as your friend, or get your own AppID.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

If you are on AppID 480 then it is region locked and you need to switch to the same download region on steam as your friend, or get your own AppID.
      Interesting. I will give this a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I have another question relating to this plugin. I created a new 4.23 project and the steam subsystem works in a standalone game (I can get the steam username) but when I package the game for windows 64, I get a fatal error when calling any blueprint method included with your plugin (such as get player name, or create advanced session). Any idea why? I followed the instructions closely.

I want to fix this fatal error first so that I can test the game on a friends computer (to fix my earlier problem of download region differences).

Comment

Sorry for the lack of details. Here is the log file.
          Attached Files

Comment

My file directory for the plugins is as follows :
            ProjectRoot/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions
            ProjectRoot/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions

Perhaps I should move both of those directories directly into the Plugins folder? Although, I'm not sure this would matter since the plugin works in a standalone version.

Comment

mordentral Any ideas? Surely I'm not the only one with this issue. I have reproduced it multiple times. It seems that packaging disables the plugin for some reason (at least in 4.23).

Comment

Originally posted by GuacFrog View Post
                mordentral Any ideas? Surely I'm not the only one with this issue. I have reproduced it multiple times. It seems that packaging disables the plugin for some reason (at least in 4.23).
                Ah you have a blueprint only project, my 4.23 pre-compiled package was missing some of its binaries.

I re-uploaded with a fresh build

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral That fixed the problem. Thanks!

Now I am attempting to solve the connection problem. My friend won't be online to help me test until later today.
                  However, I threw on a VPN and changed the Steam download region on a different computer on my network (to see if it would have trouble connecting) but it was able to connect to the server on my computer just fine.

Which means 1) It can connect because it's on the same network despite the VPN 2) The download region isn't what keeps my friend from connecting. What keeps him from connecting is related to not being on the same network.

I'l let you know how the test goes when he get's on later. I'm not entirely confident that it will work.

Comment

Working...
                  X