Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for the response! Does it work for 4.15 as well? Or I have to upgrade the project to 4.16?

Edit: Ping is not important in my case, just player counter.
    Last edited by sarfios; 06-09-2017, 03:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sarfios View Post
    Urgent help needed here...

We have an issue with the player counter and it's preventing us from patching our game.

Found steam sessions can not return player count or ping if not using the default online subsystem. A game using the steam online subssytem will be unable to display the player count in the server browser.

After advanced session is created, it cannot be updated or even accessed. While players can join, on the host, "Get session state" returns 0, "get session settings" fails, and "update session settings" fails as well. Session is created properly and clients can join. Extra settings set during creation are also accessible to clients.
    Player counts work in CardinalMenu v170606_416 (The current version for 4.16) in both the default online subsystem and Steam Sessions. I just checked again to make sure. If you see it not working, let me know.

Ping is still broken for steam. I got around this by using the Ping Plugin by DescendentStudios https://github.com/DescendentStudios/PingPlugin and then setting the listen server's IP in Extra Settings as a temporary fix. Mordentral pointed out that it might be a DDOS risk if the game is popular. This method is not in CardinalMenu. You could also program it of course, which would be a better method.

To get around the dedicated server problems, I use VaRest to update an official server list outside of steam in a CouchDB database. This method is not in CardinalMenu either. Just posting about it to give ideas.
    Last edited by Parvan; 06-08-2017, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Urgent help needed here...

We have an issue with the player counter and it's preventing us from patching our game.

Found steam sessions can not return player count or ping if not using the default online subsystem. A game using the steam online subssytem will be unable to display the player count in the server browser.

After advanced session is created, it cannot be updated or even accessed. While players can join, on the host, "Get session state" returns 0, "get session settings" fails, and "update session settings" fails as well. Session is created properly and clients can join. Extra settings set during creation are also accessible to clients.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gustavorios2 View Post
    after creating a session, how do I get the "Blueprint session result structure" so I can get/set the current session 'extra settings'?
    I've been trying a lot to find this but I had no success =(
    Maybe this is what you are wondering and will help?

It works in CardinalMenu. Setting ExtraSettings when first hosting can be found in WidgetBlueprint'/Game/Cardinal/MainMenu/Blueprints/UI/PlayGamePanels/HostGame.HostGame' under the function HostGame which is then passed to BP_GameInstance where the Create Advanced Session node is called.

The Session Extra Settings are then modified in Blueprint'/Game/ThirdPersonExample/Blueprints/ThirdPersonGameMode.ThirdPersonGameMode' Event Graph using an Update Session node.

It took me a lot of hours to figure it out. It may or may not be the best method, but it works. (Btw, your game looks really cool)

Edit, btw I just realized CardinalMenu's session update won't be called again if it fails. The new release will fix that if you happened to notice it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UpdateSession.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1129234
    Last edited by Parvan; 06-08-2017, 12:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    after creating a session, how do I get the "Blueprint session result structure" so I can get/set the current session 'extra settings'?
    I've been trying a lot to find this but I had no success =(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How/Where do I update the session?

I was trying to use "Update Session" at game instance but it fails (NO REGISTERED SESSION!) and I tried to check if the player is in a session with "Is Player in Session" but it fails. The same go to "Get Session Settings".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Control View Post
    I have the 4.15 version of plugin and it compiles normally and I can use it in editor... however when I try to package the game this appears.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error (active) pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed BoD_Fix d:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2660 'UGameplayStatics::GetPlayerController': function does not take 1 arguments BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error Failed to produce item: D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win64\BoD_Fix-AdvancedSessions.lib BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
    Error MSB3075 The command "D:\UnrealEngine-4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat BoD_Fix Win64 Development "D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\BoD_Fix.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BoD_Fix C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41
    Download the latest version, I added some LocalPlayer includes in those files.

Don't know why UBT passes on things like this for most, it should always be thrown as an error, not just sometimes for some people.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the 4.15 version of plugin and it compiles normally and I can use it in editor... however when I try to package the game this appears.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error (active) pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed BoD_Fix d:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2660 'UGameplayStatics::GetPlayerController': function does not take 1 arguments BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error Failed to produce item: D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win64\BoD_Fix-AdvancedSessions.lib BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
    Error MSB3075 The command "D:\UnrealEngine-4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat BoD_Fix Win64 Development "D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\BoD_Fix.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BoD_Fix C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for this, downloaded just now. Also have a beer (donated)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ericode View Post
    Hello, I have the steam avatar set to large, and I am scaling it to 100 but the screen profile picture is cut off on the bottom. Any idea why?
    When you make a brush from texture you are cropping it, as you are forcing it to 100x100 there.

Use the textures width / height there instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X