Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    after creating a session, how do I get the "Blueprint session result structure" so I can get/set the current session 'extra settings'?
    I've been trying a lot to find this but I had no success =(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How/Where do I update the session?

I was trying to use "Update Session" at game instance but it fails (NO REGISTERED SESSION!) and I tried to check if the player is in a session with "Is Player in Session" but it fails. The same go to "Get Session Settings".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Control View Post
    I have the 4.15 version of plugin and it compiles normally and I can use it in editor... however when I try to package the game this appears.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error (active) pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed BoD_Fix d:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2660 'UGameplayStatics::GetPlayerController': function does not take 1 arguments BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error Failed to produce item: D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win64\BoD_Fix-AdvancedSessions.lib BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
    Error MSB3075 The command "D:\UnrealEngine-4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat BoD_Fix Win64 Development "D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\BoD_Fix.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BoD_Fix C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41
    Download the latest version, I added some LocalPlayer includes in those files.

Don't know why UBT passes on things like this for most, it should always be thrown as an error, not just sometimes for some people.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the 4.15 version of plugin and it compiles normally and I can use it in editor... however when I try to package the game this appears.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error (active) pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed BoD_Fix d:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2660 'UGameplayStatics::GetPlayerController': function does not take 1 arguments BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedFriendsGameInstance.cpp 225
    Error C2027 use of undefined type 'ULocalPlayer' BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error C2227 left of '->GetControllerId' must point to class/struct/union/generic type BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\AdvancedIdentityLibrary.cpp 35
    Error Failed to produce item: D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\Binaries\Win64\BoD_Fix-AdvancedSessions.lib BoD_Fix D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1
    Error MSB3075 The command "D:\UnrealEngine-4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat BoD_Fix Win64 Development "D:\BoD - Copy 4.15\BoD_Fix.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BoD_Fix C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for this, downloaded just now. Also have a beer (donated)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ericode View Post
    Hello, I have the steam avatar set to large, and I am scaling it to 100 but the screen profile picture is cut off on the bottom. Any idea why?
    When you make a brush from texture you are cropping it, as you are forcing it to 100x100 there.

Use the textures width / height there instead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I have the steam avatar set to large, and I am scaling it to 100 but the screen profile picture is cut off on the bottom. Any idea why?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	27206590a614494fa42514fb25d2fa40.png
Views:	1
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	1129042
    Click image for larger version

Name:	372d6631a6234b748be864b474d3c808.png
Views:	1
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	1129043
    Last edited by Ericode; 06-03-2017, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rojo8399 View Post
    Is there any way to attach a players voice to their character in the world? So you can only hear someone if you're next to them.
    Not really, you'd have to go into engine source and change some things about how the current audio engines work. Its not a difficult change to make, but I couldn't dig into there through a plugin (and I did look multiple times).

Its one of the most requested engine features so at some point I assume they would have to make it more accessible for voice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any way to attach a players voice to their character in the world? So you can only hear someone if you're next to them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the fast answer ... yes I use NULL subsystem and tried it many times with both filters, but only the extern worked. Also i just duplicated my project some days ago for testing the filters and now the session result array is always empty (without filtering) ... So I opened my older project and everything worked ... I also tried the filters on this project and also only the external filter worked. (On the other project the find node dont work anymore even it is the same like on my older project I am really confused rn)

I try to implement playfab with photon and thought for testing i should use the Null subsystem, but like you said maybe the subsystem handles it different - so I should test it with the subsytem instead of the null?

UPDATE: After couple of hours finding the error I finally found it and did not expect it (When I deactivate the "should advertise boolean by create advanced session I do not find any sessions, but when I activate them again and enable the boolean everything works fine again) ... seems strange to me
    Last edited by Bull-Pati; 05-31-2017, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X