Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drwho11 View Post

what did you do to get it to work i cant get mine to work and i do not understand how to compile?
    He downloaded the latest 4.22 pre-packaged binaries Zip file.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi guys i have a problem, everything works fine in the editor but when i package the game then the game behave like there was no plugin there. Any solutions? I will add that i did same game with changing adv. sessions to normal then packaged the game and everything worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

He downloaded the latest 4.22 pre-packaged binaries Zip file.
        can you plz explain better at what you mean each time i close my project after getting it working it breaks and to fix it i have to delete the plugin folder make it all over restart my pc then open the project and then the thing only tells me one plugin is not working and then it will compile it its self

Never Had this problem back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho11 View Post

can you plz explain better at what you mean each time i close my project after getting it working it breaks and to fix it i have to delete the plugin folder make it all over restart my pc then open the project and then the thing only tells me one plugin is not working and then it will compile it its self

Never Had this problem back in the day.
          Which plugin? The SteamSessions one? I patched that yesterday, you either need to re-download the 4.22 pre-packaged binaries in the OP post or the latest source code from the repository.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi guys. I have such trouble like NaVv666. There's have solutions?

Comment

Hello friend i am back! Say me please, why am i getting print "Filed find!"?What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Worlf View Post
                Hello friend i am back! Say me please, why am i getting print "Filed find!"?What am I doing wrong?
                Well it is likely because you are limiting results to 2 and are using the default AppID of 480, you will be getting lists of all users of 480 back from that without a filter but it won't be returning any valid sessions for you in the first two since it doesn't know how to filter to your specific servers.

If you set up an extra setting to look for / host with it won't be returning any sessions without it so you can get the results down to something that will pass the limit of 2 requirement. Orrrrrr, not limiting it to 2 or using your own app ID would work.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Surikat229 View Post
                  Hi guys. I have such trouble like NaVv666. There's have solutions?
                  In what way? It wouldn't package if the plugin wasn't there to package, the nodes would throw an error.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Well it is likely because you are limiting results to 2 and are using the default AppID of 480, you will be getting lists of all users of 480 back from that without a filter but it won't be returning any valid sessions for you in the first two since it doesn't know how to filter to your specific servers.

If you set up an extra setting to look for / host with it won't be returning any sessions without it so you can get the results down to something that will pass the limit of 2 requirement. Orrrrrr, not limiting it to 2 or using your own app ID would work.
                    Nope.I changed AppID 632 and set "max results" 1000 or 0 dont work this.

He is not looking for a server, he goes to the 'Find session Advanced' in 'Failed'. That is, he has no problem finding the server, but the problem is to start looking for them.
                    Last edited by Worlf; 08-19-2019, 02:50 AM.

Comment

In what way? It wouldn't package if the plugin wasn't there to package, the nodes would throw an error.
                      The plugin is enabled, everything is configured, AppId is specified. In Standalone Game plugin works, there is an interface Steam. Collect game in .exe and the plugin no hearing nor the spirit! In log files there are no errors associated with the plugin (except the Steam API is disabled). I don't know what to do, my game needs a Steam interface!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Surikat229 View Post

The plugin is enabled, everything is configured, AppId is specified. In Standalone Game plugin works, there is an interface Steam. Collect game in .exe and the plugin no hearing nor the spirit! In log files there are no errors associated with the plugin (except the Steam API is disabled). I don't know what to do, my game needs a Steam interface!!!
                        What engine version are you on? In prior to 4.22 you had to ship an appID.txt file with shipping builds for the steam subsystem to function.

Also the steam subsytem being disabled doesn't have anything to do with the plugin and obviously has to be resolved before it could function outside of a fallback interface.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Nope.I changed AppID 632 and set "max results" 1000 or 0 dont work this.

He is not looking for a server, he goes to the 'Find session Advanced' in 'Failed'. That is, he has no problem finding the server, but the problem is to start looking for them.
                          I don't believe there is a pathway in that node that returns in Failure that doesn't log an error to the output. Did you check the log for an error message?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I don't believe there is a pathway in that node that returns in Failure that doesn't log an error to the output. Did you check the log for an error message?

This start two windows game:
                            Code:
                            LogNet: Join request: /Game/Maps/MainMenu?Name=DESKTOP-21OGK6T-457CFB644E7AB8AD8BD865A4E6DFA979?SplitscreenCount=1
                            LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to join for session (GameSession)
                            LogNet: Join succeeded: DESKTOP-21OGK6T-457C
                            LogNet: Client netspeed is 10000
                            LogNet: Join request: /Game/Maps/MainMenu?Name=DESKTOP-21OGK6T-43F89AC64D75A412DCB7F89475615675?SplitscreenCount=1
                            LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to join for session (GameSession)
                            LogNet: Join succeeded: DESKTOP-21OGK6T-43F8
                            LogSlate: FSceneViewport::OnFocusLost() reason 2
                            This click on "Join" button:
                            Code:
                            LogOnline: Warning: OSS: Failed to send discovery broadcast SE_EHOSTUNREACH
                            LogBlueprintUserMessages: [MyGameInstans_C_14] Client 2: Filed find!
                            And next click on button:
                            Code:
                            LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: Ignoring game search request while one is pending
                            I did Pyrodev's lesson, maybe he did something wrong, thereby misinforming me.

Spoiler
                            Last edited by Worlf; 08-19-2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

This click on "Join" button:
                              Code:
                              LogBlueprintUserMessages: [MyGameInstans_C_14] Client 2: Filed find!
                              And next click on button:
                              Code:
                              LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: Ignoring game search request while one is pending
                              I did Pyrodev's lesson, maybe he did something wrong, thereby misinforming me.
                              *Edit* This no longer appears to be true, the PIE session isn't blocking new ones, unsure as to when this got fixed.

As for the specific error, it was

Code:
                              Which is only thrown in the LANBeacon for the NULL subsystem, if you are testing across two instances of the engine it sounds like you have some messed up network settings.

Regardless, its on the engine side, not your usage of the plugin which appears fine.
                              Last edited by mordentral; 08-19-2019, 12:15 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You won't be able to directly find a session from two PIE if that is what you are doing, the editor creates a "session" for the PIE.

As for the specific error, it was

Code:
                                Which is only thrown in the LANBeacon for the NULL subsystem, if you are testing across two instances of the engine it sounds like you have some messed up network settings, but I am willing to bet that you are trying this with two PIE.

Regardless, its on the engine side, not your usage of the plugin which appears fine.
                                Sorry but...

He start on PIE and done.I don’t understand why you are telling me that this cannot be done if a person has a video where this method works? So I have to build the project every time I want to test 1 small variable at the server level?

Comment

Working...
                                X