Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You'll want to use online beacons for that as it will keep them together during server migration. You can totally do it manually by sending the info to each player, but online beacons were intended for this exact thing.
    I found a way to connect.

To connect one lobby to another, I do the following.

1) The lobby leader clicks to find a match. Through the Find Session Advanced. Then the lobby leader receives a Steam Id of the session host player through the properties.

2) The lobby leader performs in the console: open steam.PlayerSteamID:7777 for all their players
    3) The lobby leader connects to the session.

Comment

Hey guys,

I have been looking at upgrading the plugin on my project to 4.22

Stages I have done

1: removed old plugin files from source control
      2: added new plugin files
      3: rebuilt project from source - successful

4: I attempted to make a "blank C++" file, I first tried a blank advance sessions C++ but it failed and would crash the editor load at 70%
      5: reverted to the previous versions
      6: did all again but created blank C++ file called myclass
      7: moved the example sessions to check the Bp's

my main issues i can't figure out is why this node is red and i can't access it from anywhere
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey all, had a question!

I'm doing dedicated servers. In 4.19 was using Create Advanced Session, it all was working great, saw the dedicated server on the Steam master list, etc.

I'm in 4.22 now (taking advantage of the new rendering stuff) but oddly my dedicated servers are having trouble with Create Advanced Session.
        On Success or On Failure will never fire, it just fires the top async one. No error messages, no nothing, just hangs forever. Did 4.22 change something here?

I can host and join listen servers fine in 4.22 same as in 4.19...

Comment

So I was following this tutorial on using advanced sessions to set up a lobby, and I'm wondering if the name of something has changed. I'm using the VR Expansion plugin, which includes an advanced sessions plugin.

Part of making the multiplayer lobby involves using the node "Has online subsystem" with the variable "STEAM". In a packaged version (development build) Steam is connecting. I can see my steam user name, and my steam avatar, but this node is returning "false". Is the variable still STEAM or is there something else maybe going on here?

Edit: I solved this. I had moved my game instance and there is a bug where if you move the game instance file it sometimes doesn't automatically update the defaultengine.ini file. I opened that up and found out that it was pointing to the old directory location for that. So I've updated that and gotten that stuff working now.
          Last edited by crossmr; 07-07-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Also is there a working mirror for this? http://metahusk.com/cardinal-menu/ I've tried to download the project files 3 times and it ends up failing around 400 MB each time.

Also tried xdm download manager, but it failed and said the server didn't support resuming.
            Last edited by crossmr; 07-07-2019, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Nick View Post
              Hey guys,

my main issues i can't figure out is why this node is red and i can't access it from anywhere
              Just make a new cast node, that isn't anything special its a default engine cast

Originally posted by mellowsoft View Post
              Hey all, had a question!

I'm doing dedicated servers. In 4.19 was using Create Advanced Session, it all was working great, saw the dedicated server on the Steam master list, etc.

I'm in 4.22 now (taking advantage of the new rendering stuff) but oddly my dedicated servers are having trouble with Create Advanced Session.
              On Success or On Failure will never fire, it just fires the top async one. No error messages, no nothing, just hangs forever. Did 4.22 change something here?

I can host and join listen servers fine in 4.22 same as in 4.19...
              4.22 has new dedicated server setup to not require re-compiling the engine anymore, I have the patch notes linked in the OP post but here they are as well.

• New: Projects targeting Steam releases no longer require source code edits to properly register their dedicated servers on Steam. This change also enables setting the application ID for shipping projects without further modifications to source as well. The following macros have been added and should be defined in the project's Target.cs file:
                • For projects that use dedicated servers, these must be defined for your servers:
                  • UE4_PROJECT_STEAMPRODUCTNAME
                  • UE4_PROJECT_STEAMGAMEDESC
                  • UE4_PROJECT_STEAMGAMEDIR
                • Clients for dedicated server projects must have the following defined:
                  • UE4_PROJECT_STEAMGAMEDIR
                • All Steam-based projects must have the following defined:
                  • UE4_PROJECT_STEAMSHIPPINGID
              Please refer to the Steam project documentation regarding setting these flags and their appropriate values.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Just make a new cast node, that isn't anything special its a default engine cast
                Alright, I am running it through the Game instance: I am still getting Failed when attempting to create a game

I have attached the advanced sessions 4.22 listed below but my plugins still say 4.21 (i have added them twice to check)

I am only a student and I had 4.21 running fine. hope you can assist me and thank you for your time
                Attached Files

Comment

4.22 has new dedicated server setup to not require re-compiling the engine anymore, I have the patch notes linked in the OP post but here they are as well.
                  (Oops, might have double posted on my other account, if it shows up disregard!)

Oh, must have missed that. Thank you! I've updated our Target.CS with that stuff. For shipping ID we used our AppID, and the rest matches the data in Steamworks Settings -> Application -> Dedicated Servers.

Oddly, the problem still persists. The Create Advanced Sessions node won't ever fire On Success or On Failed, just hangs forever.
                  We're gonna try to debug it in VS soon, just wanted to see if something else jumped out that could be a problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello!
                    Does this plugin support a method for seamless travel? I need my project to keep multiple people connected on different level loads ect.
                    I cannot seem to find any actual info on how to do it with this plugin. But I keep seeing people talking ABOUT IT as though its something that exists.
                    - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
                    BLOG: https://steemit.com/@thecastle

Comment

Originally posted by Castle View Post
                      Hello!
                      Does this plugin support a method for seamless travel? I need my project to keep multiple people connected on different level loads ect.
                      I cannot seem to find any actual info on how to do it with this plugin. But I keep seeing people talking ABOUT IT as though its something that exists.
                      You just use the engines seamless travel setup, this plugin is only an interface to unexposed back end features for the most part, it isn't a replacement for the actual session system / networking of the engine.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Alright, I am running it through the Game instance: I am still getting Failed when attempting to create a game

I have attached the advanced sessions 4.22 listed below but my plugins still say 4.21 (i have added them twice to check)

I am only a student and I had 4.21 running fine. hope you can assist me and thank you for your time

After I have been looking into it. it only fails as a VR player.

When I run as an FPS pawn(child of VR), it will connect through steam every time, players can join and all is well.
                        when I attempt to create a game as a VR player it only ever creates a game 1/10 times and the rest fail.

I am currently running the create advanced session inside my GameInstance and I get the same player controller display name from both pawns, This is being tested through a packaged project.

if I have the advance session start on begin play of the level blueprint, it will also load every time for either player and successfully make a game.

I am using the expansion plugin VRcharcter class

Comment

After I have been looking into it. it only fails as a VR player.

When I run as an FPS pawn(child of VR), it will connect through steam every time, players can join and all is well.
                          when I attempt to create a game as a VR player it only ever creates a game 1/10 times and the rest fail.

I am currently running the create advanced session inside my GameInstance and I get the same player controller display name from both pawns, This is being tested through a packaged project.

if I have the advance session start on begin play of the level blueprint, it will also load every time for either player and successfully make a game.

I am using the expansion plugin VRcharcter class
                          The only issues with the subsystems that I have ran into with VR is SteamVR Home blocking it and having to turn that off when launching outside of steam. When launching from steam itself steamvr home shuts down for the game to run.

I haven't tested it recently as I haven't had a use for steamVR home and leave it off, but that was a massive problem at least originally with it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi Mordentral, for future versions, is it possible to add ADVANCEDSESSIONS_API to library class declaration?

Code:
                            UCLASS()
                            class ADVANCEDSESSIONS_API UAdvancedSessionsLibrary : public UBlueprintFunctionLibrary
                            {
                            Last edited by Curs0; 07-21-2019, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curs0 View Post
                              Hi Mordentral, for future versions, is it possible to add ADVANCEDSESSIONS_API to library class declaration?

Code:
                              UCLASS()
                              class ADVANCEDSESSIONS_API UAdvancedSessionsLibrary : public UBlueprintFunctionLibrary
                              {
                              I "could" add it, but generally I was avoiding promoting the nodes being used in c++? They are not only less efficient than straight C++ implementations would be, but some of them straight up won't work easily in c++ (the latent nodes).

The library is generally intended as a translation layer to allow BP users to access what is already available in C++.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi mordentral youre great man, very helpful very good person, I am also using your VR plugin, thank you so much for those great things.

My question is; When I try to cook nativization build, I recieve those errors. I dont understand why it says "no such file or directory" If I dont enable nativization everything works fine. Does it makes any sense for you? I am using UnrealEngine 4.22.3 and visual basic 2019. Sorry for Turkish characters I even couldnt understand what it says because i cant see This blueprint-"SteamState" is a blueprint which have advanced session nodes. There is something wrong with nativization and plugin but I'm sure its my mistake. I installed latest plugin. Thank you...

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): C:\Users\ACM\Documents\Unreal Projects\Uruz_ErKishi\Intermediate\Plugins\NativizedAssets\Windows\Game\Source\NativizedAssets\Public\SteamState__pf3651637790.h(3): fatal error C1083: i�erme dosyas� a��lam�yor: '../Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Source/AdvancedSessions/Classes/BlueprintDataDefinitions.h': No such file or directory
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Error executing C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Build\Windows\cl-filter\cl-filter.exe (tool returned code: 2)
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Module.NativizedAssets.11_of_55.cpp (0:26.14 at +0:51)
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): C:\Users\ACM\Documents\Unreal Projects\Uruz_ErKishi\Intermediate\Plugins\NativizedAssets\Windows\Game\Source\NativizedAssets\Public\SteamState__pf3651637790.h(3): fatal error C1083: i�erme dosyas� a��lam�yor: '../Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSessions/Source/AdvancedSessions/Classes/BlueprintDataDefinitions.h': No such file or directory
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Error executing C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Build\Windows\cl-filter\cl-filter.exe (tool returned code: 2)
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Module.NativizedAssets.2_of_55.cpp (0:24.11 at +1:17)
                                UATHelper: Packaging

Comment

Working...
                                X