Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ostinelli View Post
    Something I don't get. I want to MUTE a player (W4lly63), instead what happens is:
    • They get muted.
    • The name printed on screen does not match their username, mine is actually displayed (_SCAR)
    • They get unmuted.
    • I can hear them in game.

    This is the code I'm using:



    Printed on screen I see `MUTED: _SCAR -now muted: true`.

    I'm seeing this in the logs:

    Code:
    [2019.06.09-11.44.02:968][893]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Muting remote talker (W4lly63 [0x2A57C100])
    [2019.06.09-11.44.02:968][893]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [None] MUTED: _SCAR -now muted: true
    [2019.06.09-11.44.03:037][904]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Unmuting remote talker (W4lly63 [0x2A578AA0])
    What am I doing wrong?

    Can someone point me in the right direction, I've been at it for months now...

    Thank you,
    r.
    The steam subsystems implementation of GetPlayerName is implemented wrong on Epics end, both the local user version AND the uniquenetId version call SteamFriendsPtr->GetPersonaName() which just gets the local clients name. You want to use my AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary version which directly calls the correct steam friends function.

    GetSteamPersonaName
    https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/Adva...rsonaName.html


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

      The steam subsystems implementation of GetPlayerName is implemented wrong on Epics end, both the local user version AND the uniquenetId version call SteamFriendsPtr->GetPersonaName() which just gets the local clients name. You want to use my AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary version which directly calls the correct steam friends function.

      GetSteamPersonaName
      https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/Adva...rsonaName.html
      Thank you for your reply. The name doesn't really matter though, this is just me trying to debug the issue. Good to know that at least that explains it.

      So, the important matter is: why does the player get muted/unmuted in a fraction of a second?
      Any timing issues with PlayerStates you might be aware of?
      Last edited by ostinelli; 06-09-2019, 12:50 PM.

      Comment


        Originally posted by ostinelli View Post

        Thank you for your reply. The name doesn't really matter though, this is just me trying to debug the issue. Good to know that at least that explains it.

        So, the important matter is: why does the player get muted/unmuted in a fraction of a second?
        Any timing issues with PlayerStates you might be aware of?
        That sounds more like a logic error on your part that it auto unmutes, your original description made it sound like it was working but was showing the wrong name.

        If it isn't a logic error then I would have no idea and it would be an engine bug with the new changes for voice for the steam subsystem.



        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Originally posted by mordentral View Post

          That sounds more like a logic error on your part that it auto unmutes, your original description made it sound like it was working but was showing the wrong name.

          If it isn't a logic error then I would have no idea and it would be an engine bug with the new changes for voice for the steam subsystem.
          Thank you for your reply. I do not have any unmute logic, as I'm trying to pinpoint what the issue may be... Any ideas of what I could try?

          Comment


            Originally posted by ostinelli View Post

            Thank you for your reply. I do not have any unmute logic, as I'm trying to pinpoint what the issue may be... Any ideas of what I could try?
            Honestly? no..... I would have to be able to reproduce it and debug it, and even then it wouldn't be on the node side of things.


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Hello mordentral thank you for the awesome pluggins I'm super new to multiplayer I have set up your pluggin with the help of this tutorial series https://youtu.be/XlqHG1egnn0?t=190 In the tutorial we set up a basic game instance, but then I wanted to give a try to using VOIP so I change that game instance parent to be the Advanced friends game instance when I package the game it packages succesfully but when I try to run it this is what I get https://i.gyazo.com/c328ec556aca0c30...1e88c4e0fd.png

              FIXED: I totally forgot about creating an empty C++ class once I did it was working
              Last edited by Elfideo; 06-11-2019, 05:12 AM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                Honestly? no..... I would have to be able to reproduce it and debug it, and even then it wouldn't be on the node side of things.
                Ok thank you.

                Comment


                  mordentral is there any way of having all the steam regions unblocked, as of now the systems I use where always tied to the steam download region so if I have a friend on the UK and I'm playing with a Spanish download region there's no way for us to find us on the server browser

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Elfideo View Post
                    mordentral is there any way of having all the steam regions unblocked, as of now the systems I use where always tied to the steam download region so if I have a friend on the UK and I'm playing with a Spanish download region there's no way for us to find us on the server browser
                    You are using the default 480 App ID which is region locked, you either need to get your own app ID, or move to his download region temporarily while testing.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Hi guys please can some explain to me where I have problem ? GameInstance parent is AdvancedFriendsGameInstance but when i try send session invite to friend Im still getting On failure exec.


                      Comment


                        Hey. Thanks for the great plugin. I have one question. I'm trying to connect one lobby to another. In my game, players first gather in the same lobby, and then connect to the game lobby. But the bottom line is that the session result works only for the controller that caused it.

                        Comment


                          Is there implemented way to modify the ExtraSettings of the Session that is already exist on server?
                          Available for contract hiring! Complex mechanics, quick game prototyping, VR, AI, Animation, Tools for designers.

                          Check out my latest game! Last Joy - 2D RPG with unique combat system.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Dexied View Post
                            Hey. Thanks for the great plugin. I have one question. I'm trying to connect one lobby to another. In my game, players first gather in the same lobby, and then connect to the game lobby. But the bottom line is that the session result works only for the controller that caused it.
                            You'll want to use online beacons for that as it will keep them together during server migration. You can totally do it manually by sending the info to each player, but online beacons were intended for this exact thing.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Two-faced View Post
                              Is there implemented way to modify the ExtraSettings of the Session that is already exist on server?
                              UpdateSession node


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                                UpdateSession node
                                Perfect! Very convenient. But hot reload crush is not
                                Available for contract hiring! Complex mechanics, quick game prototyping, VR, AI, Animation, Tools for designers.

                                Check out my latest game! Last Joy - 2D RPG with unique combat system.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X