Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Red Sun Master View Post
    im having issues with session creation, i create a session, and i seems to of worked but then when i try to find sessions it returns 0 results.
    Are you searching from a different instance? And if so, what does your output log show.



    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

      Are you searching from a different instance? And if so, what does your output log show.
      yes, i'm searching from a different instance, here is the output log.Click image for larger version

Name:	OutputLog1.png
Views:	105
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	1618461
      Click image for larger version

Name:	OutputLog2.png
Views:	98
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	1618462
      hope that helps, i dont have time at the moment to look over this but i will take a look at it later because i can see some errors

      Comment


        Originally posted by Red Sun Master View Post

        yes, i'm searching from a different instance, here is the output log.
        Alright, well you are attempting to run it PIE, PIE already creates a "proxy" session to connect multiple clients in that can screw with things.

        You should try launching with the -game parameter to your uproject or right click and LaunchGame to test this way, or even better yet, package the project out to Development and test with a hard executable. You can technically host LAN from two instances in editor, but I wouldn't recommend it.




        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Originally posted by mordentral View Post

          Alright, well you are attempting to run it PIE, PIE already creates a "proxy" session to connect multiple clients in that can screw with things.

          You should try launching with the -game parameter to your uproject or right click and LaunchGame to test this way, or even better yet, package the project out to Development and test with a hard executable. You can technically host LAN from two instances in editor, but I wouldn't recommend it.

          i just tried that with 2 separate instances of the built game, and still no luck

          the first image is the log of the host, and the second image is the one trying to find the game.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	OutputLogBuilt1.png
Views:	100
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	1618533Click image for larger version

Name:	OutputLogBuilt2.png
Views:	95
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1618534

          Comment


            Originally posted by Red Sun Master View Post

            i just tried that with 2 separate instances of the built game, and still no luck

            the first image is the log of the host, and the second image is the one trying to find the game.
            Now you are loading the steam subsystem? Was this on seperate computers?



            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Originally posted by mordentral View Post

              Now you are loading the steam subsystem? Was this on seperate computers?
              i was doing this on the same computer. ill test on different computers

              Comment


                Originally posted by Red Sun Master View Post

                i was doing this on the same computer. ill test on different computers
                Make sure that they are both running the steam client if you are going to use the steam subsystem.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Red Sun Master View Post

                  i was doing this on the same computer. ill test on different computers
                  ok, so i got it to give me 1 result when refreshing, i had to be on different steam accounts on different computers, is there a way to have this change depending on whether steam is open or not. making it so sessions can be found without steam

                  Comment


                    I am trying this in 4.22.1, on a MAC system and am getting this at the restart step.
                    Missing ThirdPerasonCustom Modules
                    The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
                    AdvancedSteamSessions
                    AdvancedSessions
                    Would you like to rebuild them now?
                    "ThirdPerasonCustom" being my Project name When I select Yes, it says build fail, what could be the problem?

                    Comment


                      //delete message
                      Last edited by ElefanD; 06-03-2019, 02:30 PM. Reason: nobody answers anyway

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ChicMicDev View Post
                        I am trying this in 4.22.1, on a MAC system and am getting this at the restart step.
                        Missing ThirdPerasonCustom Modules
                        The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
                        AdvancedSteamSessions
                        AdvancedSessions
                        Would you like to rebuild them now?
                        "ThirdPerasonCustom" being my Project name When I select Yes, it says build fail, what could be the problem?
                        You need to re-build in the compiler, I cannot put out pre-built mac binaries as I do not own one.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Hi guys,

                          I have a trouble in with the Find Sessions Advanced Node, and I can't find what I'm doing wrong. I'm currently trying to find a created session with an other computer. Session is found with the "classic Find Session Node", but not with the advanced one.

                          I tried to change several paramters but it was not sucessful at all. I woul be thankful if someone can't point my error.

                          Used Engine version is 4.21.2

                          Edit: I have probably shuffled my packagins during my first test. I Works perfectly as expected.
                          Last edited by DaestraLegacy; 06-11-2019, 08:56 AM.

                          Comment


                            I'm experiencing something unexpected: I call "Mute Remote Talker" from a Functions BP, passing in the player state of an opponent. For some reason the player getting muted is myself, not the remote talker. If I disable steam and run two local instances of the game, everything works as expected (I mute the remote talker).

                            Have you ever seen this? Also, I see the option "Is System Wide", which is currently unchecked. What does this option do?

                            Comment


                              Hi. Just want to ask about the current state of a few bugs present, which I'm informed are on the steam side of things, but still would like to know of any workarounds in blueprints.

                              The main one is not knowing how many players are in a session - it does not update beyond the first joining player.

                              Other one
                              - full sessions cannot appear in results (makes game look more empty than it already is!)
                              - is playing seems to be true even when a player is idling in the menu. use case - i have a menu list of friends, with a join button, which should not work if the player is not in a session.

                              Thanks! Great plugin, has made my project very easy to get off the ground.

                              Comment


                                Something I don't get. I want to MUTE a player (W4lly63), instead what happens is:
                                • They get muted.
                                • The name printed on screen does not match their username, mine is actually displayed (_SCAR)
                                • They get unmuted.
                                • I can hear them in game.

                                This is the code I'm using:



                                Printed on screen I see `MUTED: _SCAR -now muted: true`.

                                I'm seeing this in the logs:

                                Code:
                                [2019.06.09-11.44.02:968][893]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Muting remote talker (W4lly63 [0x2A57C100])
                                [2019.06.09-11.44.02:968][893]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [None] MUTED: _SCAR -now muted: true
                                [2019.06.09-11.44.03:037][904]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Unmuting remote talker (W4lly63 [0x2A578AA0])
                                What am I doing wrong?

                                Can someone point me in the right direction, I've been at it for months now...

                                Thank you,
                                r.
                                Last edited by ostinelli; 06-09-2019, 08:13 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X