Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vypszo View Post
    Can the 4.21.2 version be uploaded with the 32bit binaries as well, because for some odd reason packaging only generates 64bit despite the whitelist. I tried both editor package and commandline with -targetplatforms=Win32+Win64 and they both do 64 only (this worked well on other plugins). Oh and trying to package AdvancedSteamSessions is always failing because it can't find AdvancedSessions (and it's enabled)
    Yeah the win32 intermediates didn't get shipped on the current upload it looks like, i'll recompile this weekend and re-upload.

*Edit* Re-uploaded
    Last edited by mordentral; 03-09-2019, 09:24 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Yeah the win32 intermediates didn't get shipped on the current upload it looks like, i'll recompile this weekend and re-upload.

*Edit* Re-uploaded
      Idk why but I still cannot get the 32 binaries out of it and AdvSteamSes module doesn't want to build at all (it can't find AS)

EDIT: ok so after i used the 4.19.2 commandline to build AdvancedSessions it did generate both 64 and 32 binaries, so it's def something with 4.21. The AdvancedSteamSessions on the other hand still fails due to not finding AdvancedSessions
      Last edited by vypszo; 03-11-2019, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vypszo View Post

Idk why but I still cannot get the 32 binaries out of it and AdvSteamSes module doesn't want to build at all (it can't find AS)

EDIT: ok so after i used the 4.19.2 commandline to build AdvancedSessions it did generate both 64 and 32 binaries, so it's def something with 4.21. The AdvancedSteamSessions on the other hand still fails due to not finding AdvancedSessions
        The 32 bit is in the intermediate folder, and the command line won't generate advanced steam sessions unless the main plugin is in the engine folder.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

The 32 bit is in the intermediate folder, and the command line won't generate advanced steam sessions unless the main plugin is in the engine folder.
          Okay, thanks.

Comment

Try to compile in Visual Studio 2017
            if (UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::HasOnlineSubsystem(FName(TEXT("Steam"))))
            {
            SteamIcon->SetVisibility(ESlateVisibility::Visible);
            PlayerSteamName->SetVisibility(ESlateVisibility::Visible);
            FString PlayerName;
            UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::GetPlayerName(this->GetOwningPlayer(), PlayerName);
            PlayerSteamName->SetText(FText::FromString(PlayerName));
            FBPUniqueNetId UniqueNetId;
            UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::GetUniqueNetID(this->GetOwningPlayer(), UniqueNetId);
            EBlueprintAsyncResultSwitch Res;
            UTexture2D* AvatarIcon = UAdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary::GetSteamFriendAvatar(UniqueNetId, Res, SteamAvatarSize::SteamAvatar_Medium);
            SteamIcon->SetBrushFromTexture(AvatarIcon);
            }

Got link errors:

Creating library C:\test\FutureRPG\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\FutureRPG\UE4Editor-FutureRPG.suppressed.lib and object C:\test\FutureRPG\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\FutureRPG\UE4Editor-FutureRPG.suppressed.exp
            1>MainMenuWidget.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class UTexture2D * __cdecl UAdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary::GetSteamFriendAvatar(struct FBPUniqueNetId,enum EBlueprintAsyncResultSwitch &,enum SteamAvatarSize)" (?GetSteamFriendAvatar@UAdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary@@SAPEAVUTexture2D@@UFBPUniqueNetId@@AEAW4EBlueprintAsyncResultSwitch@@W4SteamAvatarSize@@@Z) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __cdecl UMainMenuWidget::NativeConstruct(void)" (?NativeConstruct@UMainMenuWidget@@MEAAXXZ)
            1>MainMenuWidget.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::GetUniqueNetID(class APlayerController *,struct FBPUniqueNetId &)" (?GetUniqueNetID@UAdvancedSessionsLibrary@@SAXPEAVAPlayerController@@AEAUFBPUniqueNetId@@@Z) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __cdecl UMainMenuWidget::NativeConstruct(void)" (?NativeConstruct@UMainMenuWidget@@MEAAXXZ)
            1>MainMenuWidget.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::GetPlayerName(class APlayerController *,class FString &)" (?GetPlayerName@UAdvancedSessionsLibrary@@SAXPEAVAPlayerController@@AEAVFString@@@Z) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __cdecl UMainMenuWidget::NativeConstruct(void)" (?NativeConstruct@UMainMenuWidget@@MEAAXXZ)
            1>MainMenuWidget.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static bool __cdecl UAdvancedSessionsLibrary::HasOnlineSubsystem(class FName)" (?HasOnlineSubsystem@UAdvancedSessionsLibrary@@SA_NVFName@@@Z) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __cdecl UMainMenuWidget::NativeConstruct(void)" (?NativeConstruct@UMainMenuWidget@@MEAAXXZ)
            1>C:\test\FutureRPG\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-FutureRPG.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

My Build.cs
            PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[]
            {
            "AdvancedSessions",
            "AdvancedSteamSessions"
            });

What i miss?
            Thank you!

Comment

Is the "GetUniqueNetID" equivalent to the players full ip address? It would be useful to send hosting players ip to a variable on my server and then have joiners open my server and look for the hosted games that way. It looks like C++ has some handy tools like GetNetConnection and UNetConnection which would be super awesome to have in blueprint. But I suppose if AdvancedSessions "GetUniqueNetID" does this that could cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by Allenheathx View Post
                Is the "GetUniqueNetID" equivalent to the players full ip address? It would be useful to send hosting players ip to a variable on my server and then have joiners open my server and look for the hosted games that way. It looks like C++ has some handy tools like GetNetConnection and UNetConnection which would be super awesome to have in blueprint. But I suppose if AdvancedSessions "GetUniqueNetID" does this that could cover it.
                No, it is the "netid", whatever the subsystem uses to uniquely identify the user. In steam it is their SteamID for example.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm using a Github build of Oculus' version of UE4.21 and I can't seem to get this plugin to work because it was built with a different version. Is there any way around this, and will it work with the OculusSubsystem VoIP? Any help would be awesome, as I know no C+

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrod84 View Post
                    I'm using a Github build of Oculus' version of UE4.21 and I can't seem to get this plugin to work because it was built with a different version. Is there any way around this, and will it work with the OculusSubsystem VoIP? Any help would be awesome, as I know no C+
                    No, it is a seperate engine binary, you have to re-compile it for that engine version, you should be able to place it in the engine plugins folder though and compile it along with the rest of the engine if your project isn't c++.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi mordentral. I have a problem with Advanced Session Plugin and Host Server in LAN.

It works when I use Create Advanced Session and Steam is working but when I try to use it for LAN, the node fails.

I read how to make it work and I followed the idea that you can not host a server in LAN while your Steam is working. So I just checked if Steam is active or inactive: When its Active, I use the node and creates a Server for Steam. If its inactive, I let them Host a server for LAN and Create an Advanced Session with Use LAN checked. The thing is that Create Advanced Session Fails when I use it for LAN and fails when Use LAN is checked. Which options do I have to make it work properly in Steam and LAN?

Comment

Originally posted by gon. View Post
                        Hi mordentral. I have a problem with Advanced Session Plugin and Host Server in LAN.

It works when I use Create Advanced Session and Steam is working but when I try to use it for LAN, the node fails.

I read how to make it work and I followed the idea that you can not host a server in LAN while your Steam is working. So I just checked if Steam is active or inactive: When its Active, I use the node and creates a Server for Steam. If its inactive, I let them Host a server for LAN and Create an Advanced Session with Use LAN checked. The thing is that Create Advanced Session Fails when I use it for LAN and fails when Use LAN is checked. Which options do I have to make it work properly in Steam and LAN?
                        For Steam + Lan check this:
                        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ltiplayer.html

This works fine for me.

In general "Lan" checkbox is not enough for Steam + Lan.
                        You need to open the map with this:

MapName?listen?bIsLanMatch=1

Comment

Originally posted by theone866 View Post

For Steam + Lan check this:
                          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ltiplayer.html

This works fine for me.

In general "Lan" checkbox is not enough for Steam + Lan.
                          You need to open the map with this:

MapName?listen?bIsLanMatch=1
                          Thnx for your answer. I already found that.
                          Does it work for blueprints?
                          I mean, I use OpenLevel node with Option "listen". If I use listen?bIsLanMatch=1 does nothing.

BTW my problem is before OpenLevel.
                          It is in Create Advanced Session node itself. If I create a Print String saying "Failed" and join it when node On Failure, it prints the string.

Comment

I mean, I use OpenLevel node with Option "listen". If I use listen?bIsLanMatch=1 does nothing.

BTW my problem is before OpenLevel.
                            It is in Create Advanced Session node itself. If I create a Print String saying "Failed" and join it when node On Failure, it prints the string.
                            Check your console/output log for an error message......

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yes, I using blueprints. "Open Level" node without this: "MapName?listen?bIsLanMatch=1", not work for me... and Lan + Steam doesn't work.

By the way... if you test steam in Editor make sure you have:
                              Example: C:/UNREAL_PROJECTS/ProjectName/Saved/Config/Windows/EditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini you have this line: PlayNetMode=PIE_Standalone

If "PlayNetMode" is something else (listen) steam integration failed to start in unreal editor. Anyway... there is no way to test with 2 players - steam game in the editor, it works only with 1 player. So, make dev builds, start the game 2 times on the same PC and check .txt logs in the game folder for errors.
                              Attached Files

Comment

mordentral theone866 Nevermind, I have noticed that it works once I package the game for shipping or developing but the node keeps failing returning no errors when I test it from editor with the standalone mode.

Anyway, I have made somekind of warning that forces the players to disconnect from Steam if they want to use LAN mode.
                                Is out there any workaround to let use LAN options correctly with Steam connected? It looks "ugly" to force users to disconnect from Steam.
                                I mean, I read in another post someone made a customized OSS which mixed Steam and Null.

Comment

Working...
                                X