Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Kind of hard to say, I don't know what changes you have made over the base engine, stock engine listen servers are advertising fine...

LAN is a whole other beast as it uses a LAN Beacon, its not really relatable.
    We're using a custom Steam Bridge (we call it) that we wrote, not the AdvancedSessionsSteam stuff. Is there a particular change that was made to the Steam side of things between 4.18 and 4.21? Perhaps we need to modify our custom Steam Bridge. Did you modify anything noteworthy in regards to server advertisement via Steam, from 4.18 to 4.21 versions of the AdvancedSessions plugin?

My apologies if this is hard to work with, I'm kinda stabbing in the dark right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaggoth View Post

We're using a custom Steam Bridge (we call it) that we wrote, not the AdvancedSessionsSteam stuff. Is there a particular change that was made to the Steam side of things between 4.18 and 4.21? Perhaps we need to modify our custom Steam Bridge. Did you modify anything noteworthy in regards to server advertisement via Steam, from 4.18 to 4.21 versions of the AdvancedSessions plugin?

My apologies if this is hard to work with, I'm kinda stabbing in the dark right now.
      No I didn't make any significant changes, the subsystem interface has been mostly static.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

No I didn't make any significant changes, the subsystem interface has been mostly static.
        Roger that, just trying to isolate the issue. I think I've isolated it to our custom engine changes. I went back to using the plugin completely stock and I'm still not getting server advertisement. Thanks for the replies - and great work on the plugin!

Comment

Settings.BuildUniqueId = GetBuildUniqueId();
          Needed at line 58 in AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\CreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced.cpp

Comment

Hello,

Advanced Sessions Plugin have "Get Steam Friend Game Played" node, but this return only App ID (int).
            How I can get the game name (string)?

Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

When we can get 4.21.2 version?

Comment

Originally posted by SND R Keene View Post
                Settings.BuildUniqueId = GetBuildUniqueId();
                Needed at line 58 in AdvancedSessions\Source\AdvancedSessions\Private\CreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced.cpp

That shouldn't be required.

Code:
                bool FOnlineSessionSteam::CreateSession(int32 HostingPlayerNum, FName SessionName, const FOnlineSessionSettings& NewSessionSettings)
                {
                  *Snip*

// Unique identifier of this build for compatibility
                        Session->SessionSettings.BuildUniqueId = GetBuildUniqueId();
                The create session functions full that in themselves.
                Unless you have a custom subsystem that does not and need it? In that case it would be worth adding.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by theone866 View Post
                  Hello,

Advanced Sessions Plugin have "Get Steam Friend Game Played" node, but this return only App ID (int).
                  How I can get the game name (string)?

Thanks!
                  so I
                  You can to query the app list in the web api for that. It was outside of my intended scope for this plugin however I haven't seen any alternatives pop up so I may get around to it at some point.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi I am having an issue with a server browser I made, it works in the editor but it does not work when I package the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Łukе View Post
                      Hi I am having an issue with a server browser I made, it works in the editor but it does not work when I package the project.
                      Are you packaging in shipping for steam? You need to provide an app_id.txt file if so, or test with a development build.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Are you packaging in shipping for steam? You need to provide an app_id.txt file if so, or test with a development build.
                        I am testing it with a development build, also what do you mean by shipping for steam

Comment

Currently my setup is this:

Game.Build.cs
                          using UnrealBuildTool;
                          using System.Collections.Generic;

[SupportedPlatforms(UnrealPlatformClass.Server)]
                          public class PewPewServerTarget : TargetRules
                          {
                          public PewPewServerTarget(TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
                          {
                          Type = TargetType.Server;
                          ExtraModuleNames.AddRange( new string[] { "PewPew" } );
                          }
                          }

ModuleRule

using UnrealBuildTool;

public class PewPew : ModuleRules
                          {
                          public PewPew(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)
                          {
                          PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs;

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "OnlineSubsystem", "OnlineSubsystemUtils" });

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { });

DynamicallyLoadedModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystemSteam");

// Uncomment if you are using Slate UI
                          // PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Slate", "SlateCore" });

// Uncomment if you are using online features
                          PrivateDependencyModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystem");

// To include OnlineSubsystemSteam, add it to the plugins section in your uproject file with the Enabled attribute set to true
                          }
                          }

DefaultEngine.ini

[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
                          +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")

[OnlineSubsystem]
                          DefaultPlatformService=Steam

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
                          bEnabled=true
                          SteamDevAppId=480
                          SteamAppId=480
                          GameServerQueryPort=27015

1. When i'm building dedicated server from project launcher, im getting warning Steam API is disabled! so when i change bEnabled = false, i don't get this warning anymore. So what is properly to do when building dedicated server? So, do i need to build dedicated server from launcher, or from source. Because i have started unreal editor from Visual Studio (development_editor).

2. This is how i create advanced session on dedicated server, and before first string im asking is dedicated server? so if true, im creating session. But OnSuccess or On Failure is never print string.Click image for larger version

Name:	init_steam.PNG
Views:	152
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	1577694

3. When i'm finding session to join, i can join from client, but i can't see my server in steam list of server, why?

Thanks!

Comment

I literally did everything I am supposed to and I cant join games or am able to find them when I package my project its really weird since i can in the PIE if anyone is able to help me pm me or something on discord Luke #6261
                            Last edited by MalSaucyShip; 01-28-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Łukе View Post
                              I literally did everything I am supposed to and I cant join games or am able to find them when I package my project its really weird since i can in the PIE if anyone is able to help me pm me or something on discord Luke #6261
                              PIE doesn't enable steam.... You have to run stand alone to actually run steam while in the editor.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

PIE doesn't enable steam.... You have to run stand alone to actually run steam while in the editor.
                                yeah but thats the thing that I do not understand it works in there but not in standalone or in a packaged project, like LAN doesnt even work in standalone

Comment

Working...
                                X