No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody, Firstly I want to say thanks for plugin. I am working with Steam Advanced Session for a long time and have some questions, which I can't solve for a long time:

1. How can I add friend session to Steam browser, I wish to see current friend session after his connection to server and use RequestFriendsServerList to get servers with my friends, is it possible with Advanced Session? (I mean only add friends session to list, RequestFriendsServerList works without issues)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ServerFr2.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1570809

2. Why Find friend session doesn't work at all? I use 4.21 version, everything ok with friends direct invites (I can recieve and connect to friend after apply), display nicknames, visibility and so on, but if I try to get friends session they are always false.
    I tried a lot options with 480 and own ID, with released and not released games, with different steamSDK version, different machines (I work on this question non stop for a 9 days everyday)

Name:	ServerFr1.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	1570808

3. How register player in server (to increase server players count) I tried a lot different things like this in player controller, but they don't work:

Name:	AuthUser1.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1570810

p.s. Uworks implementation for register player on server works, but I can't see this player nickname in any way. I see only this: Click image for larger version

Name:	ServerFr3.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1570811

Comment

Originally posted by Kagerstones View Post
      Hello everybody, Firstly I want to say thanks for plugin. I am working with Steam Advanced Session for a long time and have some questions, which I can't solve for a long time:

1. How can I add friend session to Steam browser, I wish to see current friend session after his connection to server and use RequestFriendsServerList to get servers with my friends, is it possible with Advanced Session? (I mean only add friends session to list, RequestFriendsServerList works without issues)

2. Why Find friend session doesn't work at all? I use 4.21 version, everything ok with friends direct invites (I can recieve and connect to friend after apply), display nicknames, visibility and so on, but if I try to get friends session they are always false.
      I tried a lot options with 480 and own ID, with released and not released games, with different steamSDK version, different machines (I work on this question non stop for a 9 days everyday)

3. How register player in server (to increase server players count) I tried a lot different things like this in player controller, but they don't work:

p.s. Uworks implementation for register player on server works, but I can't see this player nickname in any way. I see only this:

1. Likely related to 3, you need proper user auth with dedicated servers

2. Same as 1

3. Player authorization is handled with the new FSteamAuthHandlerComponent in 4.20+, you should read the section labeled "Steam Online Authentication" here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...g/Online/Steam.

I'll note that prior to 4.20 this all required engine changes and 4.20 was them finally solving Steam authentication.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for responce, I added section
        [PacketHandlerComponents] +Components=OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamAuthComponentModuleInterface And after it dedicated server started to kick players after connection, how to solve it? I read that By default, SteamAuth will kick the player from the game.

Comment

My fault, connection is ok, but I don't see any friends servers in any way
          Last edited by Kagerstones; 01-10-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Will Voice chat work automatically when joining the Advanced session if Voice is set to enabled?

Comment

Hello. I have a problem with steam subsystem here.
              After i am execute the advanced session node "search sessions advanced" output logs begins filling with STEAM Warnings.
              Here full log.
              https://pastebin.com/0e5KYcma

Node ends with success, but no sessions found. When executing "Create Session Advanced" no errors or warnings spoted.

Here the search node "code" (Lan = false, Max results = 25)
              https://imgur.com/a/JwiiivX

PS In PIE with LAN enabled, sessions found successfuly.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFather View Post
                Hello. I have a problem with steam subsystem here.
                After i am execute the advanced session node "search sessions advanced" output logs begins filling with STEAM Warnings.
                Here full log.
                https://pastebin.com/0e5KYcma

Node ends with success, but no sessions found. When executing "Create Session Advanced" no errors or warnings spoted.

Here the search node "code" (Lan = false, Max results = 25)
                https://imgur.com/a/JwiiivX

PS In PIE with LAN enabled, sessions found successfuly.
                You are using APP ID 480, that is a public test AppID with steam and all of those warnings are other peoples lobbies on that app ID that don't match your game build but were returned in the search results.

If you add a filter setting(extra setting) then it shouldn't return any of those as they wouldn't have the same filter.

As for not finding your own lobby, its hard to tell when you are returning all other lobbies from other users in that AppID, its possible that since you are limiting max results that it never gets to your own listing since its not filtering out the others.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You are using APP ID 480, that is a public test AppID with steam and all of those warnings are other peoples lobbies on that app ID that don't match your game build but were returned in the search results.

If you add a filter setting(extra setting) then it shouldn't return any of those as they wouldn't have the same filter.

As for not finding your own lobby, its hard to tell when you are returning all other lobbies from other users in that AppID, its possible that since you are limiting max results that it never gets to your own listing since its not filtering out the others.
                  Oh! Thank you. Im trying it now.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                    If you add a filter setting(extra setting) then it shouldn't return any of those as they wouldn't have the same filter
                    Ah, and here i have problems too =(

Making session with Extra as https://imgur.com/a/DEkFiZX
                    And search with filters as https://imgur.com/a/XF4G9Uj

Still returns this session. IDK Why, im also tryied to make search propetry "Not equal" too, but session still in returned array.

P.S. Session in returned array have right propetry (as input of "Create session".)

P.S. But Steam warnings seems to stop spamming. I still cant understand how to use filters, but task to filter third party games seems to be complete.
                    Last edited by RoosterFather; 01-13-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Ok this works. After steam warnings stop spamming, i may find my session. Many thanks mordentral.

P.S. But Search filters still return sessions with unmatched extra parameters. IDK why, but i dont need it now.

Comment

Hi, is it possible to send invite to friends (to become friends) in steam with Advanced Session?
                        Last edited by Kagerstones; 01-15-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagerstones View Post
                          Hi, is it possible to send invite to friends (to become friends) in steam with Advanced Session?
                          No, and in general I think that isn't supposed to be exposed since then applications have control over the friends of a player (Deleting / inviting automatically from the program).

The closest that the steam API provides that I can see is: "ActivateGameOverlayToUser" which brings up the steam overlay on the profile of the specified steamID.

Which has some utility options like:

"
                          • "friendadd" - Opens the overlay in minimal mode prompting the user to add the target user as a friend.
                          • "friendremove" - Opens the overlay in minimal mode prompting the user to remove the target friend.
                          • "friendrequestaccept" - Opens the overlay in minimal mode prompting the user to accept an incoming friend invite.
                          • "friendrequestignore" - Opens the overlay in minimal mode prompting the user to ignore an incoming friend invite"
                          Which generally do what you want, i'll look into adding support for that specific function.

*Edit*

I added the node, I will upload it in a bit to the repositories, going to take a look at a few other functions while I am in the code again.
                          Preview below of it + what it does

*Re-Edit*

The repository has been updated with the inclusion, I have also ported it back as far as 4.18.
                          I won't be compiling new pre-compiled binaries for it for a little bit though.

I also used the time to go and add a safety check verifying that the unique id being passed in to all of the steam functions is truly a steam ID, as some people have been doing some funky cross platform stuff.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 01-15-2019, 02:01 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you a lot!

Comment

Upgraded from 4.18 to 4.21. It appears that servers no longer advertise, even if (verified) bShouldAdvertise is forced to true. We had a lot of custom code for dedicated servers and the like, and we're just trying to get regular severs showing up. We can still find servers in all other cases, including servers from older versions (we manually allow that) but any servers created by us with our 4.21 build are not showing whatsoever when looking for sessions. The log indicates that we did successfully create our session, it simply isn't showing up when you look for it.

Is there some very specific issue we need to look at in regards to bShouldAdvertise? I looked extensively at the engine core code, which did change a lot of stuff in regards to advertising servers on Steam, but it even forcing *every instance* of ShouldAdvertise to true still results in nothing showing up. (Worth noting that a LAN server does show to other LAN searches.)

Any help or wild guesses are appreciated here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaggoth View Post
                                Upgraded from 4.18 to 4.21. It appears that servers no longer advertise, even if (verified) bShouldAdvertise is forced to true. We had a lot of custom code for dedicated servers and the like, and we're just trying to get regular severs showing up. We can still find servers in all other cases, including servers from older versions (we manually allow that) but any servers created by us with our 4.21 build are not showing whatsoever when looking for sessions. The log indicates that we did successfully create our session, it simply isn't showing up when you look for it.

Is there some very specific issue we need to look at in regards to bShouldAdvertise? I looked extensively at the engine core code, which did change a lot of stuff in regards to advertising servers on Steam, but it even forcing *every instance* of ShouldAdvertise to true still results in nothing showing up. (Worth noting that a LAN server does show to other LAN searches.)

Any help or wild guesses are appreciated here.
                                Kind of hard to say, I don't know what changes you have made over the base engine, stock engine listen servers are advertising fine...

LAN is a whole other beast as it uses a LAN Beacon, its not really relatable.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X