Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    Might want to cut down extra setting names to abreviations (IE: MapName = MN) and even run enums
    Ok. But it seems that i have less then 16 bytes. Its really low, yes i can use bit-fieds for this, but what about names?. So, how to send server name and map names to client, if i want to have custom maps and server names?

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFather View Post

Ok. But it seems that i have less then 16 bytes. Its really low, yes i can use bit-fieds for this, but what about names?. So, how to send server name and map names to client, if i want to have custom maps and server names?
      How is it that you have 9 Extra Settings but are only using 16 bytes? It is TOTAL across all of the settings.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

How is it that you have 9 Extra Settings but are only using 16 bytes? It is TOTAL across all of the settings.
        Because at exit i have only one setting with key-name ~10 chars length and byte as value. =)

Comment

Because at exit i have only one setting with key-name ~10 chars length and byte as value. =)
          Is it the first one passed in? If the string goes over size then it will just not send the rest of it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is it the first one passed in? If the string goes over size then it will just not send the rest of it.
            Im packing in ES(extra settings) ~9 parameters, first of them is (key SessionName, value string "DefaultName")
            When i am extracting ES, i gets only one (key SessionName, value byte (undefined))

So idk what is it, overflow?

Comment

Im packing in ES(extra settings) ~9 parameters, first of them is (key SessionName, value string "DefaultName")
              When i am extracting ES, i gets only one (key SessionName, value byte (undefined))

So idk what is it, overflow?
              Yes...like I said, if the string length is too long it just cuts it short at the limit, all of the extra properties fall off.

With dedicated servers it is mostly an issue, you can help alleviate the issue by shortening the key values / names that the engine uses by default, which I believe is still part of just about every dedicated server guide currently.

That being said, if it IS the string being overflowed, you should be getting a log entry stating that.
              Last edited by mordentral; 01-02-2019, 05:32 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yes...like I said, if the string length is too long it just cuts it short at the limit, all of the extra properties fall off.

With dedicated servers it is mostly an issue, you can help alleviate the issue by shortening the key values / names that the engine uses by default, which I believe is still part of just about every dedicated server guide currently.

That being said, if it IS the string being overflowed, you should be getting a log entry stating that.
                So what the correct way, to transfer long string, like server name or players list? Only rewrite sources?

Comment

So what the correct way, to transfer long string, like server name or players list? Only rewrite sources?
                  Player list can be retrieved through steam directly, you can also poll the server itself for additional information if you want to get involved in it.

But for the extra settings, they are limited, managing your string size correctly helps a lot there. Just renaming the one engine server name to something else and re-using that var saves a ton of space, they use a generated name that gets very long.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Player list can be retrieved through steam directly, you can also poll the server itself for additional information if you want to get involved in it.

But for the extra settings, they are limited, managing your string size correctly helps a lot there. Just renaming the one engine server name to something else and re-using that var saves a ton of space, they use a generated name that gets very long.
                    Ok, thank you.

Oh mad world, scripting on visual language and counting bytes C-like.

Comment

And one more.

When i make an array with 1 void item, and make "Add or modify extra settings node", it returns an array with 2 items only. How it works?

Comment

Ok, im think i am found the problem.
                        This macro https://imgur.com/a/xVoBkRU, always returns "Session name" as key name, so key name and value type everytime rewriting and give an array of 1 item as result (Key Session name, value byte), cause last pushed parameter is byte.

That the result of wrong code inside macro. I am using "Literal enum" on input, so always have first enumerated on output.

PS with hands i am pushed 10+ parameters with strings 10+ symbols each, so there are much more space for additional info.
                        Last edited by RoosterFather; 01-02-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Ok, im think i am found the problem.
                          This macro https://imgur.com/a/xVoBkRU, always returns "Session name" as key name, so key name and value type everytime rewriting and give an array of 1 item as result (Key Session name, value byte), cause last pushed parameter is byte.

That the result of wrong code inside macro. I am using "Literal enum" on input, so always have first enumerated on output.

PS with hands i am pushed 10+ parameters with strings 10+ symbols each, so there are much more space for additional info.
                          Are you not on dedicated then? That is the only platform where the space is actually an issue. Listen lobby servers are generally fine.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Are you not on dedicated then? That is the only platform where the space is actually an issue. Listen lobby servers are generally fine.
                            Ah sorry, yes, i see what you wrote about dedicated server, but think what you mean all servers. My bad.

Comment

Hello again. Here another question.
                              Is it a good idea< to start local main-menu map as "listen" to being able connect players to lobby, without level changing?
                              Last edited by RoosterFather; 01-02-2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Hello again. Here another question.
                                Is it a good idea< to start local main-menu map as "listen" to being able connect players to lobby, without level changing?
                                You need to start the server as listen regardless or people can't connect, unless you are using PartyBeacons

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X