Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

    You need to specify lan match in the level loading, not just listen
    thanks will try that.

    The main question though would be why the online session does not work and why it shows up as LAN. It might show up as LAN as both computers are in the same network, but not sure about that.
    NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | RuntimeMeshImportExport | DebugWidget | SteamWorkshopAccessor

    Comment


      Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

      thanks will try that.

      The main question though would be why the online session does not work and why it shows up as LAN. It might show up as LAN as both computers are in the same network, but not sure about that.
      No, I test most of my remote servers on steam across two local computers. From your post I had assumed that LAN was your goal, not the side effect?


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

        No, I test most of my remote servers on steam across two local computers. From your post I had assumed that LAN was your goal, not the side effect?
        LAN was just a side question. Having trouble with Online session that shows as LAN.
        NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | RuntimeMeshImportExport | DebugWidget | SteamWorkshopAccessor

        Comment


          Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

          LAN was just a side question. Having trouble with Online session that shows as LAN.
          Well I have the perfect article to sort this out for you and it will explain far better (and with better formatting) than I can in here.

          I really should have linked to it a long time ago as questions related to it keep popping up.

          TL;DR though, turn on Presence on the session.


          http://www.aclockworkberry.com/ping-...ssion-results/


          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            Originally posted by mordentral View Post

            You are talking about dedicated servers, my setup is for general servers, its pretty much an entirely different thing, but yes, for dedicated servers you should edit that to match your steam settings.
            Ok fair enough I guess!

            Comment


              Is there anyone who knows how to check the mic of mine?
              I can check which talker is speaking except me by is remote player talking.
              However is local player talking with index 0 is not working.

              Please help me nice guys!

              Comment


                Hello. I have one question. Does the UE4 network system allow creating sessions on in dedicated server on custom remote server(not Steam,Player host, etc.). I want connect to dedicated server which run on my remote PC(server) and create various sessions.That is, I want to run dedicated server on my remote computer and open sessions on it. Can I do this in one running instance of the dedicated server or will I have to launch a new dedicated server instance for each session. I looked at a lot of information but did not find an example of this , everywhere either creating a session as a player host, or an example of on Steam subsystem. I will be grateful for any lesson or tutorial related to this. As far as I understand, the Advanced Sessin plugin cannot help with this either, it creates sessions either as steam or as host.Thanks!!!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Grant View Post
                  Hello. I have one question. Does the UE4 network system allow creating sessions on in dedicated server on custom remote server(not Steam,Player host, etc.). I want connect to dedicated server which run on my remote PC(server) and create various sessions.That is, I want to run dedicated server on my remote computer and open sessions on it. Can I do this in one running instance of the dedicated server or will I have to launch a new dedicated server instance for each session. I looked at a lot of information but did not find an example of this , everywhere either creating a session as a player host, or an example of on Steam subsystem. I will be grateful for any lesson or tutorial related to this. As far as I understand, the Advanced Sessin plugin cannot help with this either, it creates sessions either as steam or as host.Thanks!!!
                  Dedicated servers are built into the engine yes, but you have to compile off of a source copy of the engine to do them.

                  You also don't need any subsystem besides the default NULL to run servers but they won't be "detectable" over the internet unless you set up a master server to provide and register the servers for you.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                    I'll run some tests over the weekend to verify everything again, there were some changes to allow the Voip talker to work with steam but it shouldn't have effected that any.
                    On the previous build (which didn't have verbose set yet), I saw the following.

                    On boot:
                    Code:
                    [2018.11.27-07.22.04:454][  0]LogVoiceEngine: Error: STEAM: StopLocalVoiceProcessing: Ignoring stop request for non-owning user
                    [2018.11.27-07.22.04:454][  0]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: StopLocalVoiceProcessing(0) returned 0xFFFFFFFF
                    [2018.11.27-07.22.04:454][ 0]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Stopping networked voice for user: 0
                    
                    [...]
                    
                    [2018.11.27-07.22.52:790][983]LogVoiceEngine: Error: STEAM: StartLocalVoiceProcessing(): Device is currently owned by another user
                    [2018.11.27-07.22.52:790][983]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: StartLocalProcessing(0) returned 0xFFFFFFFF
                    [2018.11.27-07.22.52:790][983]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: Starting networked voice for user: 0
                    [2018.11.27-07.22.52:790][983]LogOnlineVoice: OSS: RegisterLocalTalker(0) returned 0x00000000
                    I don't do anything specific in my setup, do you know what I might look into here? Might it be related to the impossibility to mute remote players?
                    Last edited by ostinelli; 11-27-2018, 09:57 AM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                      Well I have the perfect article to sort this out for you and it will explain far better (and with better formatting) than I can in here.

                      I really should have linked to it a long time ago as questions related to it keep popping up.

                      TL;DR though, turn on Presence on the session.


                      http://www.aclockworkberry.com/ping-...ssion-results/
                      Thank you for your fast replys. Did not come to try it yet, hopefully next week.
                      NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | RuntimeMeshImportExport | DebugWidget | SteamWorkshopAccessor

                      Comment


                        Another player cannot join the session,why?

                        "JoinSession" node is not traveling to the Servers map,how to set?

                        Use Dedicated servers , UE4.21

                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:989][108]LogOnlineSession: OSS: Join session: traveling to 192.168.1.8:0
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: Browse: 192.168.1.8:0//Game/Map/Start
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: World NetDriver shutdown IpNetDriver_0 [GameNetDriver]
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: DestroyNamedNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 [GameNetDriver]
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.1.8:7777, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0, UniqueId: Null:SC-201807211748-16FD6DBD4C9BB17B244D08932E67A663, Channels: 19, Time: 2018.11.30-22.09.50
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.1.8:7777, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0, UniqueId: Null:SC-201807211748-16FD6DBD4C9BB17B244D08932E67A663
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogExit: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 shut down
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for GameNetDriver
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for IpNetDriver_1
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for PendingNetDriver
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogInit: WinSock: Socket queue 32768 / 32768
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:993][108]PacketHandlerLog: Loaded PacketHandler component: Engine.EngineHandlerComponentFactory (StatelessConnectHandlerComponent)
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.50:993][108]LogNet: Game client on port 0, rate 10000
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.51:000][108]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.51:023][109]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                        [2018.11.30-22.09.51:048][110]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by yskwork; 12-02-2018, 09:34 PM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by yskwork View Post
                          Another player cannot join the session,why?

                          "JoinSession" node is not traveling to the Servers map,how to set?

                          Use Dedicated servers , UE4.21

                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:989][108]LogOnlineSession: OSS: Join session: traveling to 192.168.1.8:0
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: Browse: 192.168.1.8:0//Game/Map/Start
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: World NetDriver shutdown IpNetDriver_0 [GameNetDriver]
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: DestroyNamedNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 [GameNetDriver]
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.1.8:7777, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0, UniqueId: Null:SC-201807211748-16FD6DBD4C9BB17B244D08932E67A663, Channels: 19, Time: 2018.11.30-22.09.50
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.1.8:7777, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0, UniqueId: Null:SC-201807211748-16FD6DBD4C9BB17B244D08932E67A663
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogExit: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 shut down
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for GameNetDriver
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for IpNetDriver_1
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for PendingNetDriver
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogInit: WinSock: Socket queue 32768 / 32768
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:993][108]PacketHandlerLog: Loaded PacketHandler component: Engine.EngineHandlerComponentFactory (StatelessConnectHandlerComponent)
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.50:993][108]LogNet: Game client on port 0, rate 10000
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.51:000][108]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.51:023][109]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                          [2018.11.30-22.09.51:048][110]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                          ok soooo,on open level you specify the level you want to open not your ip
                          on the join session don't use a for loop but get the 0 index of the array and use that

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by yskwork View Post
                            Another player cannot join the session,why?

                            "JoinSession" node is not traveling to the Servers map,how to set?

                            Use Dedicated servers , UE4.21

                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:989][108]LogOnlineSession: OSS: Join session: traveling to 192.168.1.8:0
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: Browse: 192.168.1.8:0//Game/Map/Start
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: World NetDriver shutdown IpNetDriver_0 [GameNetDriver]
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: DestroyNamedNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 [GameNetDriver]
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.1.8:7777, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0, UniqueId: Null:SC-201807211748-16FD6DBD4C9BB17B244D08932E67A663, Channels: 19, Time: 2018.11.30-22.09.50
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:990][108]LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 192.168.1.8:7777, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0, UniqueId: Null:SC-201807211748-16FD6DBD4C9BB17B244D08932E67A663
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogExit: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0 shut down
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for GameNetDriver
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for IpNetDriver_1
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogTemp: Display: ParseSettings for PendingNetDriver
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:991][108]LogInit: WinSock: Socket queue 32768 / 32768
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:993][108]PacketHandlerLog: Loaded PacketHandler component: Engine.EngineHandlerComponentFactory (StatelessConnectHandlerComponent)
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.50:993][108]LogNet: Game client on port 0, rate 10000
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.51:000][108]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.51:023][109]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                            [2018.11.30-22.09.51:048][110]LogWorld: Warning: SetActiveLevelCollection attempted to use an out of date NetDriver: GameNetDriver
                            Originally posted by IAmKernelCrumpet View Post

                            ok soooo,on open level you specify the level you want to open not your ip
                            on the join session don't use a for loop but get the 0 index of the array and use that

                            Not to mention that the CreateSession there isn't actually set to Dedicated Server...


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                              Well I have the perfect article to sort this out for you and it will explain far better (and with better formatting) than I can in here.

                              I really should have linked to it a long time ago as questions related to it keep popping up.

                              TL;DR though, turn on Presence on the session.


                              http://www.aclockworkberry.com/ping-...ssion-results/
                              Was able to get it working today.
                              First issue: We were passing 1 to CreateAdvancedSession::PublicConnections which must at least be 2 for listen server. Thats the reason it did not show up in the ServerBrowser at first (UsePresence = true).
                              Second Issue: We used the OpenLevel Blueprint-Node and passed in '-listen' as option. The '-' was to much.
                              Third Issue: The config file. With the following config we got it working.
                              Code:
                              [/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
                              !NetDriverDefinitions=ClearArray
                              +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")
                              +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="DemoNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/Engine.DemoNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/Engine.DemoNetDriver")
                              
                              [OnlineSubsystem]
                              DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                              
                              [OnlineSubsystemSteam]
                              bEnabled=true
                              SteamAppID=924770
                              SteamDevAppId=924770
                              GameServerQueryPort=27015
                              bRelaunchInSteam=true
                              GameVersion=1.0.0.0
                              bVACEnabled=1
                              bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
                              P2PConnectionTimeout=90
                              
                              [/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
                              NetConnectionClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"
                              You might want to add this Comment to your CreateAdvancedSession function .
                              Code:
                                  /**
                                   *    Creates a session with the default online subsystem with advanced optional inputs, for dedicated servers leave UsePresence as false and set IsDedicatedServer to true. Dedicated servers don't use presence.
                                   *    param PublicConnections            When doing a 'listen' server, this must be >=2 (ListenServer itself counts as a connection)
                                   *    param bUseLAN                        When you want to play LAN, the level to play on must be loaded with option 'bIsLanMatch'
                                   *    param bUsePresence                    Must be true for a 'listen' server (Map must be loaded with option 'listen'), false for a 'dedicated' server.
                                   *  param bShouldAdvertise                Set to true when the OnlineSubsystem should list your server when someone is searching for servers. Otherwise the server is hidden and only join via invite is possible.
                                   */
                              Thanks again.
                              NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | RuntimeMeshImportExport | DebugWidget | SteamWorkshopAccessor

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post
                                You might want to add this Comment to your CreateAdvancedSession function .
                                Code:
                                 /**
                                * Creates a session with the default online subsystem with advanced optional inputs, for dedicated servers leave UsePresence as false and set IsDedicatedServer to true. Dedicated servers don't use presence.
                                * param PublicConnections When doing a 'listen' server, this must be >=2 (ListenServer itself counts as a connection)
                                * param bUseLAN When you want to play LAN, the level to play on must be loaded with option 'bIsLanMatch'
                                * param bUsePresence Must be true for a 'listen' server (Map must be loaded with option 'listen'), false for a 'dedicated' server.
                                * param bShouldAdvertise Set to true when the OnlineSubsystem should list your server when someone is searching for servers. Otherwise the server is hidden and only join via invite is possible.
                                */
                                Thanks again.
                                Yeah good idea


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X