Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ostinelli View Post
    I'm trying to do a team-based chat so I'm muting all the members of the other team. Is this the correct approach? Because unfortunately it is currently not working (everyone can hear everyone):



    For the records, the return value of Mute Remote Talker is "true". Should I unregister the remote talker instead?
    Mute should also be functional, but unregistering them is fine and stops checking them a bit earlier.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Will try that, unfortunately these functionalities require multiple computer & steam accounts and these are not always available

      Comment


        Yeah. It is pain to debug these kind of things

        Comment


          After upgrading to 4.21 clients could not connect anymore, and server shows this error:
          Prelogin failure: incompatible_unique_net_id

          It was working fine in 4.19. Where's the problem?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Mr. Wood View Post
            After upgrading to 4.21 clients could not connect anymore, and server shows this error:
            Prelogin failure: incompatible_unique_net_id

            It was working fine in 4.19. Where's the problem?
            Wouldn't know, it entirely depends on what you are using and your server setup.


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Well, I am not sure if it's because of plugin or UE 4.21 Source Build. However. I am using plugin just to get SteamID, Avatar and Name (do not use steam servers, but our own).
              Before upgrade I was using 4.19 and everything worked. After upgrade to 4.21 clients could not connect anymore because of incompatible_unique_net_id.
              Just trying to figure out what cause this problem (but now I think it's not related to this plugin).

              Comment


                I compared logs from previous version of server (4.19) and current.
                On previous server I got on Login reguest the following:
                ?Name=PlayerName userId: STEAM_ID
                But on new (4.21) server I got this:
                ?Name=PlayerName userId: Steam: STEAM_ID (with zero at beggining)

                Basically, userId is empty on the new server, and SteamID is the same but with 0 at beggining.
                On old server userId is SteamID

                Now userId just empty instead of SteamID.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Mr. Wood View Post
                  Well, I am not sure if it's because of plugin or UE 4.21 Source Build. However. I am using plugin just to get SteamID, Avatar and Name (do not use steam servers, but our own).
                  Before upgrade I was using 4.19 and everything worked. After upgrade to 4.21 clients could not connect anymore because of incompatible_unique_net_id.
                  Just trying to figure out what cause this problem (but now I think it's not related to this plugin).
                  What do you mean use your own? As in you aren't really using the steam subsystem? That would fully explain your issue here if so. It would be throwing incompatible unique net id because it is using one from another subsystem, you would have to manually query the steam SDK for the information you want if you are using a different subsystem.
                  Last edited by mordentral; 11-14-2018, 12:03 PM.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    Maybe something changed, since it was working in 4.19. For instance, on clients I can read their SteamID, Name etc (in MainMenu, before connecting to the server).
                    OnlineSubsystemSteam is set bEnabled=true and SteamDevAppId that we got from Steam..and DefaultPlatformService=Steam (that was in DefaultEngine.ini)
                    So clients userId was SteamID when plugin is enabled. And when they try to connect to the server they use it for Login request.
                    But somehow, userId is not SteamID anymore.
                    Maybe I need to add something else in DefaultEngine.ini ?

                    Comment


                      I just noticed...maybe userId is not empty anymore but in different "format"
                      Earlier:
                      userId: 76543211111
                      Now:
                      userId: Steam:076543211111

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Mr. Wood View Post
                        I just noticed...maybe userId is not empty anymore but in different "format"
                        Earlier:
                        userId: 76543211111
                        Now:
                        userId: Steam:076543211111
                        Incompatible_Unique_Net_Id warning is thrown if the net id's GetType() doesn't match the currently active subsystems GetSubsystemName() value.

                        IE: If you have a mismatch in subsystems.

                        It doesn't really have anything to do with the actual contents of the unique net id.

                        As for "maybe something changed", yes a lot of the backend subsystem identification code has changed as they have been re-factoring it since 4.20.

                        And no, all of this is outside of the plugin itself, unless you are loading in a thirdparty subsystem like the UWorks one.


                        I can run a few tests tonight but it sounds exclusive to your setup, I had steam multiplayer running during my 4.21 porting tests for my multiplayer plugin.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 11-14-2018, 01:59 PM.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Thank you, mordentral.

                          I will take a look into UWorks it looks promising, but I am not sure if I need it.
                          About problem with incompatible_unique_net_id it seems a bit weird since I dont have any special setup.
                          Just dedicated server and clients who pick free server from the database and connect via command line open IP:Port
                          I am using Shipping package. Will try with development or Debug to see if I can get more information about this.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Mr. Wood View Post
                            Thank you, mordentral.

                            I will take a look into UWorks it looks promising, but I am not sure if I need it.
                            About problem with incompatible_unique_net_id it seems a bit weird since I dont have any special setup.
                            Just dedicated server and clients who pick free server from the database and connect via command line open IP:Port
                            I am using Shipping package. Will try with development or Debug to see if I can get more information about this.
                            I wasn't suggesting that you get it to fix the problem, but just that it was screwed over by recent engine updates and might not be working correctly.

                            As for connecting, your last post actually explains things, you are connecting with Open:IP but running the steam subsystem, in 4.20 they added steam authentication for steam dedicated servers via an authentication component and changed some of the registration code and related sections. This is likely what is causing your issues here.

                            You really shouldn't be using the steam subsystem at all with your setup, you should be using subsystem NULL and manually querying the steam SDK for the information.

                            Now, this is where the UWorks plugin WOULD help you out as it should be able to query the steam SDK without using the steam subsystem, but you could also rather easily manually do it if you have a c++ coder available, the steam sdk has to be initialized before use.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Good point.
                              I just tested with editor - started dedicated server with.bat file via editor and connected remote client also with .bat file via editor (as stand alone). It was working just fine.
                              About UWorks...I will take a look into documentation and get more information about it. I already saw this plugin but never look deeper into it.
                              Thanks again.

                              Edit: UWorks working with 4.21?
                              Last edited by Mr. Wood; 11-14-2018, 03:59 PM.

                              Comment


                                Hi. Thank you for this functionality.
                                Shouldn't the setup instructions remind the user to install from ue4 source, and then edit OnlineSessionAsyncServerSteam.cpp , changing STEAMPRODUCTNAME, STEAMGAMEDIR, and STEAMGAMEDESC? It has lead me to confusion (or maybe i'm wrong about needing this).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X