Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mythic!

We're encountering a very strange problem, and I'm reaching out to anyone that may be knowledgeable on the topic -- so who better!

We have just moved our engine from 4.17.2 to 4.20.2 and have not been able to see steam games in the session browser any longer. However the discovery process WILL find 4.17.2 sessions.

So our 4.20 clients can see 4.17 dedicated servers, but not 4.20 dedicated servers.

We have some confusion surrounding the third party steam dll's as well. What is the proper location for these? Our 4.17 dedicated server builds worked without copying them into the <ProjectName>/Binaries/Win64 folder but 4.20 does not seem to. Does this mean we've missed a config step and UE4 can't find them in the ThirdParty folder or.....

If you have any suggestions for where to start looking, please reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Rod.Runnheim View Post
      Hi Mythic!

We're encountering a very strange problem, and I'm reaching out to anyone that may be knowledgeable on the topic -- so who better!

We have just moved our engine from 4.17.2 to 4.20.2 and have not been able to see steam games in the session browser any longer. However the discovery process WILL find 4.17.2 sessions.

So our 4.20 clients can see 4.17 dedicated servers, but not 4.20 dedicated servers.

We have some confusion surrounding the third party steam dll's as well. What is the proper location for these? Our 4.17 dedicated server builds worked without copying them into the <ProjectName>/Binaries/Win64 folder but 4.20 does not seem to. Does this mean we've missed a config step and UE4 can't find them in the ThirdParty folder or.....

If you have any suggestions for where to start looking, please reply!

Sounds like its still looking for the wrong engine version / build id? How did you update? Full re-download or merge?

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Sorry I'm very new to all this. Mordentral you said in the setup if I install at project level I need to create a blank c++ file "in editor" so it can package. I tried to create a blank c++ class and it requires a name. Is this what I need to create? and if so does the name matter?

Comment

Originally posted by GoobNugget View Post
          Sorry I'm very new to all this. Mordentral you said in the setup if I install at project level I need to create a blank c++ file "in editor" so it can package. I tried to create a blank c++ class and it requires a name. Is this what I need to create? and if so does the name matter?
          no the name wouldn't matter, however I actually don't think that is required anymore as long as the binaries are complete.

Those instructions were from 4.12 or so.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey there. Firstly thanks for making this plugin.

I'm a bit lost though - it's preventing me from packaging my project. I believe the issue is to do with c++ compiling, which I know very little about. I installed unreal source because I wanted to make a dedicated server, and things have been a bit of a headache since then.

The log says the following is missing...
            Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled'

and yes it isn't there. What would I need to do to get past this? I do have VS2017 community installed with c++ for game dev and unreal engine addon ticked at install.

Cheers

Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

no the name wouldn't matter, however I actually don't think that is required anymore as long as the binaries are complete.

Those instructions were from 4.12 or so.
              Hey pretty sure this is bad juju but I never get responses to posts. mordentral if you could take a look at my post I would love you forever. I'm pretty sure its a simple issue and im about to whiteboard it, to help me look at it logically. If not thanks again for making that plugin! https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...lication-issue

Comment

Originally posted by FardreamStudios View Post

Hey pretty sure this is bad juju but I never get responses to posts. mordentral if you could take a look at my post I would love you forever. I'm pretty sure its a simple issue and im about to whiteboard it, to help me look at it logically. If not thanks again for making that plugin! https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...lication-issue
                You are loading the server local save file every time and applying it to everyone else.

Regardless, yeah that is off topic here.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by the_hack View Post
                  Hey there. Firstly thanks for making this plugin.

I'm a bit lost though - it's preventing me from packaging my project. I believe the issue is to do with c++ compiling, which I know very little about. I installed unreal source because I wanted to make a dedicated server, and things have been a bit of a headache since then.

The log says the following is missing...
                  Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled'

and yes it isn't there. What would I need to do to get past this? I do have VS2017 community installed with c++ for game dev and unreal engine addon ticked at install.

Cheers

Ali.
                  Install it at project level and not at engine level post 4.20

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks mordentral .

Works! I am having an issue where if I the plugin only seems to work if I launch the game via editor (standalone). If I package the game (dev or shipping), I don't get an overlay, name, and the create session function that works in standalone doesn't seem to work.

I do have a steam_appid.txt file with the contents of 480 next to the executables in binaries, but no luck.

Any tips? I'm sure this was working when i first installed the plugin.

Comment

Hi, I get this error when im building dedicated server in UE4 source:
                      Code:
                      Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
                      Error        MoveFile was unable to move 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h', retrying in .5s...    MultiplayerTemplate    C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LogFileManager    1
                      Then build fails with:
                      Code:
                      Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
                      Error        Error exporting AdvancedSteamSessions: couldn't write file 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h'    MultiplayerTemplate    C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LogCompile    1

Comment

Originally posted by hamaro02 View Post
                        Hi, I get this error when im building dedicated server in UE4 source:
                        Code:
                        Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                        Error MoveFile was unable to move 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h', retrying in .5s... MultiplayerTemplate C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LogFileManager 1
                        Then build fails with:
                        Code:
                        Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                        Error Error exporting AdvancedSteamSessions: couldn't write file 'C:/Users/User/Documents/Unreal Projects/MultiplayerTemplate/MultiplayerTemplate/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/MultiplayerTemplateServer/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h' MultiplayerTemplate C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LogCompile 1
                        Looks like path name length is too long

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You were right, thank you

Comment

Hi, Just before i get started with my cry for help, wanna say thanks for making this plugin its super useful,

Anyways im with UE4 4.20 And when i try to package i get some errors Such as

PackagingResults: Error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'J:\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled'.
                            PackagingResults: Error: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\J+UE_4.20\UBT-ZSG-Win64-Shipping.txt)
                            PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\J+UE_4.20\UBT-ZSG-Win64-Shipping.txt)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Reflection code generated for ZSG in 6.409986 seconds
                            UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'J:\UE_4.20\Engine\Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Shipping\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSessions.precompiled'.

Is there any fix? because it worked on 4.19

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RaginnPotato View Post
                              Is there any fix? because it worked on 4.19

Thanks!
                              Install in the project directory, not the engine one.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is there any way to get a steam avatar from a net ID that is not ur friend? (Like the "Get steam friend avatar" function but more general) Ty.
                                Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/WmQ3pDR
                                Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkQVJmcV-szXTIySHz4CILw?
                                Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/alfffffffffff

Comment

Working...
                                X