Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

    No, its because it not implemented in the Steam Subsystem, I expose it because Epic has it in their interface so it can be used even if it isn't currently implemented (third party subsystems for example can implement it, currently there aren't any built in ones that do).
    awww ok thanks for the information.
    My website: https://www.pijellypin.com
    Multiplayer Components: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...yer-components

    Comment


      Can someone tell me why i'm unable to build the Advanced Session Plugin v4.19 on Mac?
      I always get the Message on Project loading after accepting to Build the stuff:
      UE4Editor[27342:1471284] LogInit: Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.dylib
      UE4Editor[27342:1471284] LogInit: Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-AdvancedSteamSessions.dylib

      Comment


        Hi, when I'm connected on server host (client), and host (server) close connection the Client falls, when I return to the main menu (client) I can't longer connect to another server, I have need to close and reopen the project. How can I solve? Tk

        Comment


          I've seen some posts before that were having issues with packaged builds but nothing clear as to what to proceed.
          I'm getting the error:
          Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code. However I have no Script folder, everything is in the Plugins folder. I have a Blueprints only project. Also, everything works just fine in editor, it's just on a package build that it fails.
          Is there any way to fix this?
          Thanks

          Comment


            Originally posted by ghostriderxD94 View Post
            Can someone tell me why i'm unable to build the Advanced Session Plugin v4.19 on Mac?
            I always get the Message on Project loading after accepting to Build the stuff:
            UE4Editor[27342:1471284] LogInit: Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-AdvancedSessions.dylib
            UE4Editor[27342:1471284] LogInit: Warning: Still incompatible or missing module: UE4Editor-AdvancedSteamSessions.dylib
            I can't pre-compile binaries for macs, I don't own a computer with the architecture, you have to manually compile it on that platform.
            Originally posted by visualnotte View Post
            Hi, when I'm connected on server host (client), and host (server) close connection the Client falls, when I return to the main menu (client) I can't longer connect to another server, I have need to close and reopen the project. How can I solve? Tk
            DestroySession node, it needs to be called client side too.
            Originally posted by Hikarinessa View Post
            I've seen some posts before that were having issues with packaged builds but nothing clear as to what to proceed.
            I'm getting the error:
            Couldn't find file for package /Script/AdvancedSessions requested by async loading code. However I have no Script folder, everything is in the Plugins folder. I have a Blueprints only project. Also, everything works just fine in editor, it's just on a package build that it fails.
            Is there any way to fix this?
            Thanks
            In project level plugins or engine? Needs to be in project level in 4.20


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Hello, when I try to replicate variables everything works completely fine, including brushes and images and so on. But when I load the players steam avatar and save it in a variable (as a slate brush for example), it does not work correctly. The one that presses this button, either client or the server, can see the updated image. But if the server sets the images it does not get replicated to the client. The brush itself replicates perfectly fine but the image within the brush does not get replicated.

              Here is how I load and save the avatar:
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/filedata/fetch?id=1530974&d=1537620268

              Anything and everything else works perfectly fine, but this one thing does not, and I do not know why. It is driving me crazy. Even if I set any other image, by not using "Get Steam Friend Avatar" and just settings it manually without downloading the avatar, it works fine.

              Is there a way to fix this?

              Comment


                Originally posted by DasOhmoff View Post
                Hello, when I try to replicate variables everything works completely fine, including brushes and images and so on. But when I load the players steam avatar and save it in a variable (as a slate brush for example), it does not work correctly. The one that presses this button, either client or the server, can see the updated image. But if the server sets the images it does not get replicated to the client. The brush itself replicates perfectly fine but the image within the brush does not get replicated.

                Here is how I load and save the avatar:
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/filedata/fetch?id=1530974&d=1537620268

                Anything and everything else works perfectly fine, but this one thing does not, and I do not know why. It is driving me crazy. Even if I set any other image, by not using "Get Steam Friend Avatar" and just settings it manually without downloading the avatar, it works fine.

                Is there a way to fix this?
                That is because it is a downloaded image, textures don't replicate the image data in engine, when you are replicating one that is packaged in with your project it is just replicating the ID of the image and then loading it on the remote end.

                You should be called GetSteamFriendAvatar on the remote clients as well with the net id of the person, regardless of the name you don't have to be friended to the person to download their avatar.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Hey Mordentral, I was building a plugin that exposes steam workshop. I took your functions as example.
                  Everything was working fine, until now where I try to use them in production.
                  Especially: "GetWorkshopItemDetails" node. I tried creating a widget from the returned data -> Crash. The callback is not executed on the GameThread but on the OnlineThread.
                  Searched the thread, but seems I'm the only one encountering this.

                   
                  Spoiler
                  NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post
                    Hey Mordentral, I was building a plugin that exposes steam workshop. I took your functions as example.
                    Everything was working fine, until now where I try to use them in production.
                    Especially: "GetWorkshopItemDetails" node. I tried creating a widget from the returned data -> Crash. The callback is not executed on the GameThread but on the OnlineThread.
                    Searched the thread, but seems I'm the only one encountering this.
                    You are doing the widget creation in c++ or what? You shouldn't be using blueprint async classes with c++ if that is what you are trying to do, you should be binding directly to the event and calling it in code instead.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                      You are doing the widget creation in c++ or what? You shouldn't be using blueprint async classes with c++ if that is what you are trying to do, you should be binding directly to the event and calling it in code instead.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	205
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1533338
                      NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post
                        snip
                        I found the issue, have to pull it out of the steam callback thread, it is pretty straight forward. There will be a new commit on the repo for it in a bit for you to reference.

                        *Edit* Also I sent you a PM
                        Last edited by mordentral; 09-28-2018, 02:40 PM.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          All, I'm trying to add voice but I don't seem to get it to work. In DefaultEngine.ini I have:

                          Code:
                          [OnlineSubsystem]
                          DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                          bHasVoiceEnabled=true
                          
                          [OnlineSubsystemSteam]
                          bEnabled=true
                          SteamDevAppId=480
                          
                          [Voice]
                          bEnabled=true
                          In DefaultGame.ini I have:

                          Code:
                          [/Script/Engine.GameSession]
                          bRequiresPushToTalk=true
                          I bind my push to talk event in my player character like so:



                          I have my GameInstance inheriting from AdvancedFriendsGameInstance, however this event never gets called:



                          I also ensure that I have a proper sound class:



                          Can some kind soul tell me what I might be missing? Using 4.20.3.



                          Last edited by ostinelli; 09-29-2018, 12:45 PM.

                          Comment


                            Hello I am getting an error i have tried re-installing the advanced sessions but no luck i am using UE4 4.20.3 Third Person Template heres the error file

                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                              4.19.2 an error occurs (shows the plugin supports 4.17)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by PaXo0 View Post
                                Hello I am getting an error i have tried re-installing the advanced sessions but no luck i am using UE4 4.20.3 Third Person Template heres the error file
                                Install it in the project level in 4.20, they now require a file for engine plugins that doesn't compile out with normal compilation and I can't multi compile my dependent modules against each other.


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X